Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > The Fantasy Trip

Old 01-15-2022, 03:31 PM   #1
Draygon

Default TFT GUILD on ROLL 20

I've tried out the TFT GUILD ARENA on roll20, and I think it's FANTASTIC. Today I fought a match, and wrote a running commentary. I based it on one of my GM ideas, and I even invented a race for it. Check it out and let me know what you guys think. Also, I'm curious if anyone here would like to set a time to hang out there and run a couple of "to the death" matches with NPC's. Seems like a pretty cool way to get some TFT play in.

LINK:

To join, send a request to: "⊕BronzeLusitanian⊕ | Roll20: Online virtual tabletop" https://app.roll20.net/users/404437/bronzelusitanian

Last edited by Draygon; 01-22-2022 at 10:39 PM.
Draygon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2022, 03:32 PM   #2
Draygon

Default Re: TFT GUILD on ROLL 20

btw, I go by Janos V on there.
Old 01-15-2022, 09:14 PM   #3
Shostak

Can you point me to where I might see the notes? I followed the link, but could not see any, just a dice roll log.
Shostak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2022, 11:19 PM   #4
Draygon

You should be able to see it by clicking on the speech bubble, and there should be a list of rolls, mixed with text. I wrote an intro and had running commentary to go with the rolls. Kinda like how Steve Jackson narrated the fight between the Troll and Grabby in the old Advanced Melee book.
Old 01-15-2022, 11:32 PM   #5
Draygon

Shostak - I pasted it here, although I omitted a lot of the rolls. Lmk if you get a kick out of this.

Janos V.

:NEANDERTHAL BEATDOWN:

Backstory:
The army of the city, while on a distant campaign, in a very isolated woodland region, were attacked by a large group of brute, Neanderthal-like savages. They were ultimately defeated after a very bloody and costly engagement. The soldiers managed to capture several of these hitherto unknown violent and aggressive creatures. Having very shaggy and thick hair all over, not like a Sasquatch, but with more hair than a typical caveman. They have very large protruding "omni-brow" structures, huge ears, hands and feet. They smell terrible. They seem to have very low intelligence. just a step or two above a modern gorilla. They brought them back to deliver to the local naturalists for study. They were named "Ugguggs" for the city's scientific records. One of the naturalists, known for having a sadistic streak, ran into one of the arena fight promoters at one of the city's more popular taverns. He told them of the recent discovery, and they all greedily agreed that the most lucrative thing was to set up a fighting match featuring this creature, as an opening act to the Arena's next weekend card. They concluded that a match between one of these "Ugguggs" , versus a local specimen of Neanderthal/caveman/brute, would be of the utmost "scientific" value, not to mention big entertainment value, to draw bigger crowds if marketed correctly....The financial profits to be split evenly, of course....

UGGUGG
ST:12 DX:12 IQ:6 Armed with a rudimentary club 1+1, no armor.

LOCAL CAVEMAN BRUTE : ST:11 DX:13 IQ:7. Weapon: club 1+1, no armor.

rolling d6
(
)
=6
Janos V.:rolling d6
(
)
=5
The Uggugg wins intiative. Behaving very savage and aggressive, opts to go first.
Both start at the opposing steps. The Uggugg, like a rodeo bull on steroids, runs full speed and full MA, (10 hexes) towards the unfortunate opponent.
Seeing the craze in the Uggugg's beedy eyes, the hair on the Caveman's back stands up. He becomes fearful, and scurries 4 hexes towards the nearest corner....
rolling d6
(
)
=6
(
)
=2
Uggugg wins initiative. The Caveman's fear feeds the Uggugg's rage. He rushes 4 more hexes to engage the Cavedummy. Obviously, the Uggugg opts to attack.
On the Caveman's movement phase, he shifts one hex back towards the steps, with the intent to evade this oncoming terror, and defends.
rolling 4d6

The Uggugg rolls a 12 and hits on 4 dice. He only rolls 1 for damage, so he puts 2 hits on the cowardly Caveman.

Janos V.:rolling 3d6

Caveman wins the initiative, and strikes back out of fear...and hits! He rolls a 2, so he puts 3 hits on the Uggugg, who howls in fury as he swings...and misses.
rolling d6
(
)
=2
rolling d6
(
)
=1
rolling 4d

Uggugg wins iniative. An interesting thing then happens which is noted by the naturalist observers...the Uggugg instantly goes into a 'Berserk" state, but instead of getting a +1 dx modifier, he gets a +2... "Must be an inherent trait particular to this race!" Shout the researchers, as he shifts 1 hex and raises his crude club....He swings down with all of his strength, as the Caveman stands still and opts to defend. The Uggugg's blow comes crashing down and hits.

(
)
=5
Rolls a 5 for damage, +1 for a total of 6. the Caveman shrieks in pain, as blood spurts out of a deep gouge in his head...
rolling d6
(
)
=4
rolling d6
(
)
=2
Uggugg wins initiative, and raises his club for another cruel blow....Caveman shifts one hex towrds the exit steps, and opts to disengage.
rolling 3d6
(
+
+
)
=11
(
)
=3
Uggugg hits.He rolls a 3, +1, for 4 damage. His blow crashes down on the frightened Caveman's skull, fatally crushing it. The fight is over.
The crowd goes into a frenzy, amazed and entertained by this new single-minded killing machine. The Uggugg, on the other hand, is still enraged and stuck in the berserk mode, beating the Caveman's lifeless body into pulp...After about a dozen blows, a dozen blow darts dipped in really potent sleeping potion, rain down on the brute, who drops to the floor , going into a deep, snoring slumber. The arena clowns then proceed to drag the hairy fiend through the nearest door that leads to the holding pens.

The END?

P.S - The name of UGGUGG.... due to the repeated "UGG!" sounds and grunts that they constantly make.

Last edited by Draygon; 01-26-2022 at 05:52 PM.
Old 01-17-2022, 01:29 PM   #6
Shostak

Sounds like a fun little arena battle.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draygon View Post
Uggugg wins iniative. An interesting thing then happens which is noted by the naturalist observers...the Uggugg instantly goes into a 'Berserk" state, but instead of getting a +1 dx modifier, he gets a +2... "Must be an inherent trait particular to this race!" Shout the researchers,
How could they observe that shift in probability? ;-)
Shostak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2022, 07:41 PM   #7
Draygon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shostak View Post
Sounds like a fun little arena battle.

How could they observe that shift in probability? ;-)
That's a good question...lol. I'll just say that they noticed an "elevated" level of raging aggression, as compared to other races that have fought in this arena over the years....and the modifier is a note to us "Mnorens" observing this from our dimension.... 😆
Old 01-21-2022, 03:27 PM   #8
Helborn

I tried the link, had to sign up, but link comes up "Not authorized"
Old 01-22-2022, 10:23 PM   #9
Draygon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helborn View Post
I tried the link, had to sign up, but link comes up "Not authorized"
To join the TFT GUILD ARENA, message : "⊕BronzeLusitanian⊕ | Roll20: Online virtual tabletop" https://app.roll20.net/users/404437/bronzelusitanian

Last edited by Draygon; 01-22-2022 at 10:37 PM.
Old 01-22-2022, 10:34 PM   #10
Draygon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draygon View Post
To join the TFT GUILD ARENA, try this link: https://app.roll20.net/join/4569342/dC6e8Q
Nevermind that link. Apparently it doesn't work anymore. You can message "BronzeLusitanian" who is the creator, for an invite. Here's his roll20 link: "⊕BronzeLusitanian⊕ | Roll20:. https://app.roll20.net/users/404437/bronzelusitanian

Last edited by Draygon; 01-26-2022 at 05:51 PM.