Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS > GURPS Character Assistant

Old 01-30-2012, 11:23 PM   #11
Alden Loveshade

Default Re: Attack of the Red Ps

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericbsmith View Post
There does appear to be an issue with spell prerequisite checking when you load an existing character. Some spells just get flagged with a red P for no apparent reason.

Worse, the red P doesn't go away when you use Needs -> Check All. However, if go to Needs -> Spells -> Check All it will clear the red P's... until you save then reload the character.
I hadn't really used Needs much, but I'll remember that for the future. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armin View Post
Hi, Alden (and anyone else affected),

I'm sorry you went through so much effort for this.

As Eric says, there does appear to be an issue. I'm not sure where it got introduced, but I think we got a fix in for the next patch, which I hope will be soon.

Armin
Ah well, stuff happens. I'm sure you'll fix it. At least it's not just me. But if there's a problem with a program I'll probably find it--I actually had a company offer to hire me just to look for bugs in new programs. I usually don't know how to fix them; I just point and say, "Hey, there's a bug! Somebody step on it!"

Last edited by Alden Loveshade; 01-30-2012 at 11:26 PM.
Alden Loveshade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 09:49 PM   #12
Alden Loveshade

All Conductors are Intimidating

I found a red P issue that doesn't deal with magic and isn't fixed by Needs so thought you'd want to know.

I have a character who has Diplomacy, Leadership, Singing, and plays seven (7!) Musical Instruments. But even after running "Needs/Skills/Check All" I get:
Group Performance (Conducting) still needs:

2 GR:Conducting
SK:Intimidation>=1pts, 2 GR:Conducting
2 GR:Conducting
Old 02-07-2012, 05:57 PM   #13
ericbsmith

Location: Binghamton, NY, USA. Near the river Styx in the 5th Circle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alden_Loveshade View Post
All Conductors are Intimidating
Yeah, have no idea what's going on here. Group Performance requires Diplomacy, Intimidation, or Leadership plus a specific group of skills depending on which specialty it is.

On my machine any two Musical Instruments or one and Singing correctly fill the prerequisite. If this is an older character file you might try Resynching the Groups, but that section has been unchanged for a long time so I seriously doubt that could be the cause of the issue. I don't know why this would fail to register the prerequisites correctly.
Kaboom-baya.
ericbsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 01:35 AM   #14
Alden Loveshade

Quote:
Yeah, have no idea what's going on here. Group Performance requires Diplomacy, Intimidation, or Leadership plus a specific group of skills depending on which specialty it is.

On my machine any two Musical Instruments or one and Singing correctly fill the prerequisite. If this is an older character file you might try Resynching the Groups, but that section has been unchanged for a long time so I seriously doubt that could be the cause of the issue. I don't know why this would fail to register the prerequisites correctly.
Hopefully it will be fixed when the other Red P issue is fixed. For now I'll just ignore it. Thanks.
Old 02-17-2012, 01:39 AM   #15
ericbsmith

Location: Binghamton, NY, USA. Near the river Styx in the 5th Circle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alden_Loveshade View Post
Hopefully it will be fixed when the other Red P issue is fixed. For now I'll just ignore it. Thanks.
The other Red P issue should be fixed in the Feb6 update we posted (GCA v4.0.421 program patch + data update).
Kaboom-baya.
ericbsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 04:38 PM   #16
Alden Loveshade

Quote:
The other Red P issue should be fixed in the Feb6 update we posted (GCA v4.0.421 program patch + data update).
Sorry for taking so long to reply, but it is fixed--thanks a lot!

I did find one spell that has a misworded prerequisite and thus gives a red P when there shouldn't be one. I reworded the prerequisite and now I don't remember which spell it was! When I find it again I'll post.

Tags
error message, prerequisite count