Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 09-01-2022, 09:32 AM   #151
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Default Re: Corco's Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_matrix_walker View Post
When Vassarious takes the Ice Orc form, are there any icy powers in the template he picked up as the base? That may come in handy in keeping this guy frozen...
That's a great question... thinking out loud here:
  • The power is innate to the race, and basically everyone has it. So its part of the template
  • The power takes a fair amount of skill, practice, and exercerize to become good at, so the template is missing the actual skills needed and has the powers at a lower level than a full knight-shaman. V has Occult!, but the skills needed here are less bookish mystery and more muscle memory or even chi, really. V has a little bit of chi... but nothing like a wild card skill.

So the abilities are:
  • The ability to soak up ER by going somewhere really cold. This grants immunity to cold as a side effect. It takes 2 hours of freezing meditation to recover 1 FP. The base template comes with 5 ER, and you can draw on FP as well, though that's less effective, costing 2 FP to do 1 ER's work. This requires a meditation roll at +4 in normal circumstances.
  • Creation of Ice in an area. This is either create or binding. The binding as well as the costs ER to use: 1 for every two attacks. This normally requires your hands. The attack roll is vs Innate Attack (ice forming).
  • The Movement of ice. This is a weird form of TK. It will let V move 1 ton of ice at 1/3rd yard per second. Occasionally driving (ice mass) comes up, but its rare.
  • Stunts are available, and generally powered by ER.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
"Good, I'll gather up the equipment and hopefully I can make it back in time."

V just has a suit of armour, and they were wearing it, right? I'll go fetch my rifle, cutlass, construction foam (enough to seal several doors shut), and explosives (enough to breach a whole in the side of an average building).

Several = 8? and maybe 25 cube feet per door? so 200 cubic feet? 120 gallons? that's a lot. did you bring that much? that's 360 lbs...

Lets say you want to get through a 1 foot stone wall: there are some pretty thick walls in this town, as the oldest and nicest buildings were built by people who could shape stone with a thought. That's 250 damage, or 75d, or ... 26 lbs of TL10 explosive.

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2022, 09:56 AM   #152
TGLS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Several = 8? and maybe 25 cube feet per door? so 200 cubic feet? 120 gallons? that's a lot. did you bring that much? that's 360 lbs...
Right on the number of doors, probably not that much per door; I was more thinking like enough to glue doors shut, like by spreading the foam along the hinges/edges of the doors so the doors won't open.

Quote:
That's a lot. did you bring that much? that's 360 lbs...
I think we agreed like 265 pounds (medium encumbrance) was a fair total for all equipment, and I went with 100 pounds of explosives.
Quote:
Wow, that's a lot of explosives; conservatively like a 100+ pounds.
With the other stuff being:
Quote:
An assortment of stuff:
-> 7/2 Bioplas as usual
-> Gauss Minineedler
-> 10 clips for minineedler, loaded with sleep poison
-> Gauss Rifle
-> 5 rifle clips, regular
-> Explosives [already accounted for]
-> Superfine Cutlass
-> Surveillance Microbots
-> Smart device, preferably disguised
-> Cash

I figure a reasonable split would be 100 pounds of explosives, 100 pounds of construction foam (I think we added that ex post facto when I remembered I'd need something to stick the hive to the belfry with), and 65 pounds for the remaining equipment.
TGLS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2022, 07:32 AM   #153
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Quote:
Right on the number of doors, probably not that much per door; I was more thinking like enough to glue doors shut, like by spreading the foam along the hinges/edges of the doors so the doors won't open.

I think we agreed like 265 pounds (medium encumbrance) was a fair total for all equipment, and I went with 100 pounds of explosives.

With the other stuff being:

I figure a reasonable split would be 100 pounds of explosives, 100 pounds of construction foam (I think we added that ex post facto when I remembered I'd need something to stick the hive to the belfry with), and 65 pounds for the remaining equipment.
That looks right.

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
Old 09-19-2022, 10:40 AM   #154
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

I don't think Halcyone has lockpicking... though it would make sense for her to have it, I don't see it on the sheet.

Old 09-19-2022, 11:33 AM   #155
TGLS

Quote:
I don't think Halcyone has lockpicking... though it would make sense for her to have it, I don't see it on the sheet.
I thought we agreed on that:
http://forums.sjgames.com/showpost.p...&postcount=757
Quote:
Added a link to a current pdf of Halcyone's character sheet. Added lockpicking.
I noticed there was an old sheet for Halcyone, so I updated that one with a link to the current pdf sheet.
Old 09-19-2022, 11:35 AM   #156
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Quote:
I thought we agreed on that:
http://forums.sjgames.com/showpost.p...&postcount=757

I noticed there was an old sheet for Halcyone, so I updated that one with a link to the current pdf sheet.
Yeah, I was looking at the old sheet. You're good.

Old 10-12-2022, 10:12 AM   #157
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

And disaster has been averted on Tuguk!

Each character has been awarded [3] more points!

Old 10-14-2022, 09:22 AM   #158
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Quote:
And with a mounting crisis and two world hopping games that share players in this one, we never see it again. :P
I mean, on the one hand callback can be fun, but on the other hand I have no shortage of worlds I've generated. We'll see.

Old 10-14-2022, 03:39 PM   #159
TGLS

Quote:
I mean, on the one hand callback can be fun, but on the other hand I have no shortage of worlds I've generated. We'll see.
Dice will decide as usual.
Old 10-20-2022, 04:16 PM   #160
TGLS

Updated the sheet; added Scuba, improved Shortsword a level. Two points remain. Sheet here too

Quote:
Does that setting have vibro? please post stats for the weapon somewhere in OOC, like the character sheet.
Well, I've been assuming the YOUTopia setting is basically, "TL10, advanced biotech, no sapient robots but total cyborgs with lab grown brains are fine.", which for our purposes usually means, "TL10". Veto stuff at your whim, that's cool.

Cutlass (LT69) is sw cut, thr+1 imp, reach 1, weight 2. There's also a thr cr hilt punch. It's also ST8, so Halcyone's still under triple strength. Adding both superfine and vibro (UT163-164) adds an armor divisor of (5) and +1d+2 damage while powered, and a divisor of (2) and +2 damage while unpowered (unpowered happens to be the exact same as Halcyone's current sword). It also adds half a pound weight for the C-Cell to power it, which lasts for two and a half minutes a cell.

Or in other words:
Code:
Attack			Damage		Reach
Unpowered Swing		4d+1(2)	cut	1
Unpowered Thrust	2d+3(2)	imp	1
Powered Swing		5d+1(5)	cut	1
Powered Thrust		3d+3(5)	cut	1
Hilt Punch		2d	cr	C

Last edited by TGLS; 10-25-2022 at 03:08 PM. Reason: Battery time