Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 08-05-2011, 10:01 AM   #211
ladyarcana55

Default Re: [IC] In Nomine -- The Redemption of Eli

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket Man View Post
Rudy thrills at the feel of being in Heaven again. The spinning fire of her celestial form looks more like a wreath, casting off small blossoms of flame with every spin. And while it's the Glade and the Party Lawn that are truly home, Marc's bazaar comes close; the constant motion and energy are an Ofanite's dream.
Soma's form is not that much different than her vessel. Blonde hair, serene blue eyes and a gently smile. Her wings have ferns and blossoms entwined among the feathers. Avaria, as a baby bird-girl, is fluttering back and forth in her excitement at being back home, but this is different than where she usually goes to so she is enamoured with the new sights and sounds.

Quote:
"It's good to be back, isn't it?" she says, her wheels brushing against Penny's for a moment, then catching Soma and her friend as they complete the circuit.
Soma says nothing and just smiles as Avaria is speaking so fast in her excitement that you can't really understand what she is saying. But it is along the lines of...

"This is so cool!"

Quote:
"Holding hands" with each of them, the green of her wheels turns a little darker in pleasure, an Ofanite's smile. "Well," she tells Penny, "shall we go see your friends?" Since Angelic holds nothing back, the phrase also carries undertones of and do the job we all came here to do, and maybe put all of our minds at ease.
Soma watches and goes with them. You can barely see the curiosity and excitement in her eyes.
ladyarcana55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 04:13 PM   #212
rknop

Soma and Rudy

[I keep hoping I'm going to hear from the group that's still on Earth....]

The two three angels and one reliever wend their way through the market, occasionally greeting an old friend, or stopping briefly as Penny admires the result of a heavenly act of creation.

Eventually you pass out of Commerce Park, and through the streets of the Eternal City. On the far side of that, after a quiet patch, you arrive at the Halls of Creation... which themselves are very quiet nowadays. The Halls have the air of a place deserted and somewhat neglected. They haven't gone to seed, but you feel like you have just missed the echo of laughter or voices as you move through them. Some of the galleries are bare, and some still bear striking works of art. At one point, you pass a piece of performance art involving a cherub, an elohite, and four or five human souls, and quite frankly none of the three (or four) of you could work out what it was all about. However, you only stop briefly to watch it, as you are looking for something else.

You come to a part of the Halls where the architecture seems to be organic, and almost seems to be growing and morphing before your eyes. Penny leads the four of you into this area. "Hmm, some of them should be around here someplace, she says."

Before long, however, you bump into a Cherub, a burly black bear with wings and spectacles on his snout. "Penny!" he exclaims. "I haven't seen you since... in a long time! What brings you here?"

Penny jumps forward and wraps her fiery rings around the cherub in a frenetic ofanite hug. "Buck!" she says. "Wow, I didn't realize how much I had missed you."

The brief reuniting complete, Penny gestures back at the two of you. "This is Soma, and Rudy, and... Avaria", she says. "I'd been delaying the inevitable, but I finally decided I should check in. And, they came along... well, I guess partly for moral support. They also may want to talk to you."

Let me know how you proceed.
rknop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 03:47 PM   #213
rknop

...(prod)...
Old 08-22-2011, 12:13 PM   #214
Rocket Man
Petitioner: Word of IN Filk

Quote:
Originally Posted by rknop View Post
Soma and Rudy

The brief reuniting complete, Penny gestures back at the two of you. "This is Soma, and Rudy, and... Avaria", she says. "I'd been delaying the inevitable, but I finally decided I should check in. And, they came along... well, I guess partly for moral support. They also may want to talk to you."

Let me know how you proceed.
"Good to meet you, Buck," Rudy says, her own rings running a pleased green. She takes in the Hall, beautiful even in its abandoned state. "You know, I had forgotten just how much I always loved this place. Ideas spreading like kudzu, images growing, blossoming ... it always felt kinda like bein' with the Lady again, in one of her wild rose gardens."

Author: "What Doesn't Kill Me Makes Me Stronger"
Rocket Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 11:40 PM   #215
rknop

Buck looks back at Rudy. "Thank you for that description! I fear that I don't speak with enough angels from Novalis' tree nowadays, and I become accustomed to the beauty around me. You help me see it with fresh eyes."

Looking back and forth between Penny and Rudy, Buck says, "So what is it that brings you here? Penny said that there was something beyond giving her moral support...."
Old 08-25-2011, 12:08 AM   #216
Rocket Man

Quote:
Buck looks back at Rudy. "Thank you for that description! I fear that I don't speak with enough angels from Novalis' tree nowadays, and I become accustomed to the beauty around me. You help me see it with fresh eyes."

Looking back and forth between Penny and Rudy, Buck says, "So what is it that brings you here? Penny said that there was something beyond giving her moral support...."
"There is -- but from what Pen-Wheel here tells me, there's more than one of you that needs to hear it," Rudy says. If there's no one in immediate earshot (especially any Judges), she quietly asks, "How easily and quietly can you get your 'friends' together?" In Angelic, it's clear she means the Committee, despite avoiding the word.

Old 08-25-2011, 09:48 AM   #217
rknop

Surprise registers on Buck's bear-face. "I don't know if I can get all of us together at once," he says. "But I can get a fair number of us together if you give me half a day. Can you tell me what this is about? Even though you are from Flowers, and even though we are in Heaven, there's going to be some suspicion involved. Surely you understand that being a Servitor of Creation has put us in an increasingly awkward position."
Old 08-27-2011, 11:36 AM   #218
Rocket Man

Quote:
Surprise registers on Buck's bear-face. "I don't know if I can get all of us together at once," he says. "But I can get a fair number of us together if you give me half a day. Can you tell me what this is about? Even though you are from Flowers, and even though we are in Heaven, there's going to be some suspicion involved. Surely you understand that being a Servitor of Creation has put us in an increasingly awkward position."
"No tricks or traps, I promise," she says. "We're here to help Creation, not get in the way." Angelic carries the truth of her promise ... and the double-meaning of Creation, representing both the Word and its holder.

Old 09-01-2011, 12:45 AM   #219
rknop

Buck nods. "Very well. Give me a couple of hours to gather together as many as I can. Meet me back here then."

Do you want to do anything in the mean time, or shall we fast-forward?
Old 09-01-2011, 08:33 AM   #220
ladyarcana55

Quote:
Do you want to do anything in the mean time, or shall we fast-forward?
(OOC: I'm cool, it's still nuts but I'm here. Soma isn't going to take advantage of the time to look around and she cut Avaria loose so she can explore too.)
ladyarcana55 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
eli, in nomine, net play, pbp