Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-09-2021, 02:31 PM   #621
Hide
 
Hide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
(...) Maybe we could just go with Fanaticism and he wouldn't get caught immediately (...)
I thought that was the way to go too, but then I realized such a thing would sell Day out as the mind-warper.
__________________
- 画龍点睛。Hide。
Hide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2021, 08:35 AM   #622
GnomesofZurich
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Canada
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
"Follow my orders" sounds more like a classical mind control roll. It also doesn't do anything about his loyalties in this war. Are you sure that's the package you want to give? (its -10, for the record)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hide View Post
I was going to suggest 2 minor disadvantages; “Pacifica has all my trust” and “I need Pacifica’s help in my planning”. As both can be supported by the fact she rolled a critical in her job, and also because she’s been working on that cover since she arrived and the Nav-Chief noticed her.

I think a connection between Day/Hua and the Nav-Chief seems less plausible.

So let’s listen to the team.
Okay, if you're okay with it ericthered, we can go with Hide's suggestion, which I figure would be two -5 point Delusions.
__________________
Secret: Not a Gnome. (Actually a Dwarf with Dwarfism).
GnomesofZurich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2021, 08:15 AM   #623
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hide View Post
I was going to suggest 2 minor disadvantages; “Pacifica has all my trust” and “I need Pacifica’s help in my planning”. As both can be supported by the fact she rolled a critical in her job, and also because she’s been working on that cover since she arrived and the Nav-Chief noticed her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GnomesofZurich View Post
Okay, if you're okay with it ericthered, we can go with Hide's suggestion, which I figure would be two -5 point Delusions.
two -5's sounds about right.



Commander Zybo is talking with an NCO when Daymar bumps into him. Zybo is most displeased. "You idiot! Who is your commanding officer! Where is your buddy! Who are you!"



Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
Well four seems more doable than seven. I'll confuse them all and dismantle voltmeters too.

OK, I'm not sure if I can play off 2 and leave the tech wondering what happened or if I need to do something about it right now.
The tech who wasn't effected is looking around quite actively and quite alarmed. He knows SOMETHING is going on, but he's not sure what. "Vokubu, did you feel that? Vokubu?" He reaches out and shakes his buddy.
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2021, 09:49 AM   #624
TGLS
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
The tech who wasn't effected is looking around quite actively and quite alarmed. He knows SOMETHING is going on, but he's not sure what. "Vokubu, did you feel that? Vokubu?" He reaches out and shakes his buddy.
I guess I got the other three? If possible, I'd like to put the tech choke-hold before he attempts to disturb his buddy.
Quote:
[411] 21-04-12 17:47:36 CEST
Judo -2
3d6 <= 13 : 1 + 5 + 3 = 9 ... success
OK, I'll choke him to death (I don't know how you want to play the rest out), smash the voltmeters, and try to make a quick escape before anyone finds the body.

Last edited by TGLS; 04-12-2021 at 09:56 AM.
TGLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2021, 01:18 PM   #625
GnomesofZurich
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Canada
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
two -5's sounds about right.

Commander Zybo is talking with an NCO when Daymar bumps into him. Zybo is most displeased. "You idiot! Who is your commanding officer! Where is your buddy! Who are you!"
Daymar salutes, saying "Sorry, sir, just heading back to my buddy now!" He's going to try to use Savoir-Faire to diffuse the situation.

[412] 21-04-12 21:18:13 CEST

Savoir-Faire (Military)

3d6 <= 15
1 + 6 + 5 = 12 ... success
__________________
Secret: Not a Gnome. (Actually a Dwarf with Dwarfism).
GnomesofZurich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2021, 12:34 PM   #626
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by GnomesofZurich View Post
Daymar salutes, saying "Sorry, sir, just heading back to my buddy now!" He's going to try to use Savoir-Faire to diffuse the situation.

[412] 21-04-12 21:18:13 CEST

Savoir-Faire (Military)

3d6 <= 15
1 + 6 + 5 = 12 ... success
Commander Zybo snaps:
"Hold on, Answer my questions private! Where is your buddy, and what's your name and commanding officer?"

I must point out that his name and section are on Daymar's uniform...


Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
I guess I got the other three? If possible, I'd like to put the tech choke-hold before he attempts to disturb his buddy.

OK, I'll choke him to death (I don't know how you want to play the rest out), smash the voltmeters, and try to make a quick escape before anyone finds the body.

Ok, so you specified that you are going for the kill here, so you presumably want to choke and choke hold at the same time (basic page 404 and 371). Each round consists of:
  • An opposed ST roll at +3 to you, to try and deal damage. You deal margin of victory * 1.5
  • His resistance. This may consist of him trying to break free (opposed ST at +5 for you) or of him striking at you (at -5). If he hits, you may dodge or parry with judo.
Hua isn't particuarly strong, and the guy has the same ST as her... but her superior position more than makes up for that:
The Struggle:*
  • He tries to break free, but fails by 2
  • Hua chokes for 1 FP
  • He tries to break free again, and fails by 12
  • Hua chokes for 4 damage and 1 FP
  • He strikes back at Hua with his elbows, but misses
  • Hua chokes for 1 FP
  • He tries striking again
  • Hua chokes for 15 damage and 1 FP. He fails his knockdown roll and falls unconcious
Hua can keep choking if she wants to make sure. What will she do with the body?


*If he had broken free or landed a hit we would have played it out more, but he didn't.
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2021, 03:00 PM   #627
TGLS
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Hua can keep choking if she wants to make sure. What will she do with the body?
OK, I'll smash the voltmeters first. Then I'll try to stage an accident with the body. If possible I'd prefer to make it look like he fell onto a live wire or something, but will take staging him sticking a metal tool into an electrical socket if need be. I'm not sure what to roll for that.

I'll make a perception roll to see if there's something nearby to stage an accident with.

Quote:
[413] 21-04-13 22:59:50 CEST
Perception
3d6 <= 14 : 4 + 1 + 4 = 9 ... success
TGLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2021, 08:50 AM   #628
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
OK, I'll smash the voltmeters first. Then I'll try to stage an accident with the body. If possible I'd prefer to make it look like he fell onto a live wire or something, but will take staging him sticking a metal tool into an electrical socket if need be. I'm not sure what to roll for that.

I'll make a perception roll to see if there's something nearby to stage an accident with.

A major electrical cabal is nearby. An electrician roll will let you make his death look like an accident... are you going to take any steps to actually electrocute him?
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2021, 09:16 AM   #629
TGLS
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
A major electrical cabal is nearby. An electrician roll will let you make his death look like an accident... are you going to take any steps to actually electrocute him?
Well I don't know wiring but I'll risk it.
Quote:
[414] 21-04-14 17:11:49 CEST
Electrician (default)
3d6 <= 9 : 4 + 3 + 1 = 8 ... success
That went well. What would need to be done to actually electrocute here?
TGLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2021, 02:24 PM   #630
GnomesofZurich
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Canada
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Commander Zybo snaps:
"Hold on, Answer my questions private! Where is your buddy, and what's your name and commanding officer?"

I must point out that his name and section are on Daymar's uniform...
Daymar doesn't feel particularly like answering those questions, so he is going to use Suggestion on Zybo.

[415] 21-04-14 22:23:07 CEST

Suggest (Zybo)

3d6 <= 16
4 + 2 + 1 = 7 ... success

Daymar is going to suggest that Zybo send him on his way with a mild reprimand to find his buddy.
__________________
Secret: Not a Gnome. (Actually a Dwarf with Dwarfism).
GnomesofZurich is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Fnords are Off
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:30 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.