Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Board and Card Games > Ogre and G.E.V.

Old 06-15-2018, 02:23 PM   #1
Xandjor

Default Other Ogres

The board game comes with the Mk III and Mk V as do the reinforcements pack and the miniatures set one. Where can one purchase all of the other ones such as the MK I-VI and the Ninja, Vulcan, and Fencer? And if you buy them do they come with scenarios to use them?
Xandjor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 03:22 PM   #2
TheAmishStig

Default Re: Other Ogres

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xandjor View Post
The board game comes with the Mk III and Mk V as do the reinforcements pack and the miniatures set one. Where can one purchase all of the other ones such as the MK I-VI and the Ninja, Vulcan, and Fencer? And if you buy them do they come with scenarios to use them?
Right now a number of others are in production...Ogre is seeing a pretty massive revival for its 40th anniversary [last year] thanks largely to Drew and Steve's enthusiasm, plus Phil being willing to humor them...but 6th Edition is a fairly new game unto itself, so we're ramping back up to a lot of things being in production again. Where you can get various units at this point:

In Plastic
The Mk.III and Mk.V are available in Miniatures Set 1, which came with a super-slimmed version of the "Miniatures" [no grid, rulers and templates] rule set.

The Mk.IV and Fencer are coming as part of Miniatures Set 2, which are on track to deliver later this summer / early this fall.

A kickstarter to produce the Mk.VI and a "Community Choice" cybertank [survey closes the 25th, hopefully somebody has my back...and the link!] launches next month; we don't have an exact date, but Phil has suggested earlier rather than later.

The I, II, III-B, Dopplesoldner, Vulcan, and Ninja are currently unavailable / not in production in plastic.

As of my last conversation with Phil / Drew on the subject, there are no plans to create a unique sculpt for the Huscarl (a lightly-modified Mk.V) at this time.

In Cardboard

The Mk.III and Mk.V in Combine colors are available in Ogre: 6th Edition

The Mk.III and Mk.V [which can also proxy for the Legionnaire and Huscarl] in PanEuropean colors are available in Ogre: Reinforcements.

Ogre: Battlefields is rumored to contain 2 Ninja, a Vulcan, a Fencer-B, and 2 Mk.I. This set is currently in development, and its contents are subject to change.

Ogre Miniatures 2nd Edition, at least the Kickstarter and Pre-Order editions [if you're interested it's on Warehouse 23, and according to Phil the over-print is pretty small] will contain a Mk.VI. Contents of a 2nd bonus sheet have not yet been revealed, but we have fairly solid evidence that it will contain a Vulcan and, for the first time, 3D drones to go with it.

Other units are available through the Ogre Sponsored Counter Sheets that were created as part of Designer's Edition. Uncommon Ogres has IIIs and Vs in the colors of a variety of factions, Nightfall has the III, IV, and V in sinister Black. Barbarians at the Gate contains 2D Mk.Is, and Nihon North American Divisions has the I, II, III, III-B, and V all in 2D form.

And of course, there is Designer's Edition itself which contains...everything. Multiples of everything. 27lbs of everything. They're out of print, but you can find them circulating second-hand pretty regularly.

Scenarios:
The following are known-to-me sources of scenarios that are compatible with 6th Edition:

Ogre 6th Edition
Ogre Reinforcements
Ogre Battlefields
Ogrezine [available in PDF from Warehouse 23]
Ogre Scenario Book 1 [available in PDF from Warehouse 23]
Ogre Scenario Book 2 [available in PDF from Warehouse 23]
Ogre Scenario Book 3 [available in PDF from Warehouse 23]
Ogre Designer's Edition Scenario Book [Available from the SJGames "Ogre Resources" page]
The Ogre Scenarios page

-----------

I'm sure somebody with a more extensive knowledge than I will know where you can get more stuff, too. Closing the Gap is usually fairly up to date with sources of where to look for various things. Above is entirely from memory, I should have just checked there. >_<

Edit to clarify the name drops:
Drew = Drew Metzger, Ogre Line Editor for SJGames
Steve = Steve Jackson, the Steve Jackson in Steve Jackson Games
Phil = Phil Reed, CEO of SJGames
MIB Agent #0460
Ogre 134th Battalion

Lancaster, PA
Imgur: https://agent0460.imgur.com/

Last edited by TheAmishStig; 06-15-2018 at 03:34 PM.
TheAmishStig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 03:35 PM   #3
ColBosch

One of the updates for Ogre Miniatures, Second Edition suggests that it will also include a Doppelsoldner in purple and gold.
ColBosch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 09:35 PM   #4
GranitePenguin
Ogre Line Editor

Some things are very hard to find, but the Metal versions of all of these do exist and show up from time to time as well.
Old 06-15-2018, 10:01 PM   #5
sparky00

Don't forget the Ogre Book (W23 d/l)! It has scenarios as well. While not specifically compatible with O6E, they can be adapted without much trouble.

Plus, it's a really great resource for the game.
sparky00 is offline   Reply With Quote