Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-23-2021, 07:44 AM   #801
TGLS
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Hua is able to tamper with the battery and forklift she plans to use the next day. Its battery is running low at the right moment...
OK, next, I'll fast talk to Thibi that I'll go fetch a replacement battery while she keeps working.

Quote:
[551] 21-07-23 15:28:53 CEST
Fast-Talk
3d6 <= 13
2 + 5 + 1 = 8 ... success
Then I'll slip away to the meeting before dollying a battery back.
Quote:
[553] 21-07-23 15:32:36 CEST
Photorefraction
3d6 <= 15
6 + 3 + 6 = 15 ... success
[552] 21-07-23 15:32:27 CEST
Stealth
3d6 <= 16
2 + 2 + 4 = 8 ... success
OK when I arrive:
"The pills have been made, but there was a problem with swapping the pills. There's probably higher security in that mess now, but I imagine we're committed to changing messes. After I get the pills swapped, I plan to make another set of pills to poison your previous mess. After that I think I'll try to stage an escape in the brig; give them all scalpels and tell them to get to work."
TGLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2021, 01:08 PM   #802
GnomesofZurich
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Canada
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Daymar shares his progress, "I met up Nijothu and his buddy, so they should be subverted now and ready to swap - I need to go find them when they wake up to make that happen. I also managed to cause some further issues with the hyperdrive that should delay the repairs. I hope your second attempt to swap out the pills works."
__________________
Secret: Not a Gnome. (Actually a Dwarf with Dwarfism).
GnomesofZurich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2021, 10:52 PM   #803
Hide
 
Hide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Pacifica listens carefully to her teammates; she also tells them about her progress with the plan of having the subverted find each other and gather together...

I let Vinobi know the names of the other subverted; hopefully, they will start working as “a team” very soon. Be careful, if you say security has enter high alert, there will be interviews as before. Prepare your buddies to give a good “confession”.

Hua, could you share more about your plan? How much time will your move take? Day, I am glad things are working out for you; I believe you should make the switch ASAP, the mess with security could trigger "your lockdown".
__________________
- 画龍点睛。Hide。
Hide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2021, 09:47 AM   #804
TGLS
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hide View Post
Hua, could you share more about your plan? How much time will your move take?
1) Swap out the pills in Daymar's new mess. Call that tonight.
2) Make the poisoned pills for Daymar's old mess or possibly the other Drive mess. That might be tonight or it might be the day after.
3) Swap in the poison pills. Call that tomorrow. Hopefully this results in damage.
4) I remember seeing two or three people locked up in adjacent cells. Security said they were traitors... I think if I give them a knife and tell them to get to work, they'll at least get security on their toes and maybe get a few killed. Call that day after tomorrow.
TGLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2021, 02:58 PM   #805
Hide
 
Hide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

I think one of the prisoners will be your former buddy, keep that in mind; she could get you.

I am still worried that they haven’t touched Day’s scapegoat... Security might get to her after this “situation” you just escaped from; I would recommend to stay away from her section.

Also, I believe Day’s section lockdown was scheduled for tomorrow. So, you might have to hurry the pill operation (do it right now) or scrap it… Because you could get “caught” with the others. My reading is that officers are very squared about their decisions; consider the navigation chief, he did not spare Day even after his valuable help. The lockdown might take place regardless of the ship's status.
__________________
- 画龍点睛。Hide。
Hide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2021, 10:55 AM   #806
GnomesofZurich
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Canada
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Daymar starts to wrap up the meeting, "Okay, I think we all know what we have to do - if all goes well, when we meet up next I will be 'Nijothu'. When shall we meet next?"
__________________
Secret: Not a Gnome. (Actually a Dwarf with Dwarfism).
GnomesofZurich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2021, 11:20 AM   #807
TGLS
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hide View Post
I think one of the prisoners will be your former buddy, keep that in mind; she could get you.
Well I'll be sure to check the cells before moving ahead with a jailbreak.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hide View Post
I am still worried that they haven’t touched Day’s scapegoat... Security might get to her after this “situation” you just escaped from; I would recommend to stay away from her section.
Well I suppose I could delay the poison plot or perhaps change targets. [OOC: I remember Officers and Morale sections don't take suppressants. Does security?]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hide View Post
Also, I believe Day’s section lockdown was scheduled for tomorrow. So, you might have to hurry the pill operation (do it right now) or scrap it… Because you could get “caught” with the others.
It's a different section entirely; why would they be locking down the shields section too?
TGLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2021, 03:43 PM   #808
Hide
 
Hide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by GnomesofZurich View Post
Daymar starts to wrap up the meeting (...)
I would suggest to meet in 48 hours; that would give us room to see what happens in the ship and have things cool down.*
Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
Well I'll be sure to check(...)
Great! Make sure to case security before doing your moves; that would give you an advantage in "emergency escape" situations.

*OOC: Since this is an "special meeting" what is the time for the next official/scheduled meeting? We could wait for such time as well.
__________________
- 画龍点睛。Hide。
Hide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2021, 06:25 AM   #809
TGLS
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hide View Post
*OOC: Since this is an "special meeting" what is the time for the next official/scheduled meeting?
I don't think there's such a thing; the situation on the ship changes too rapidly for fixed meetings to make sense.

I think 48 hours is a good time for the next meeting.
TGLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2021, 02:42 PM   #810
Hide
 
Hide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Pacifca, observing the team agrees with meeting in about 48 hours, during the third shift, adds:

Alright, if any of us could not make it, let's agree to leave a note at a certain place. This would be the fail-safe, if (for example) our shifts change.
__________________
- 画龍点睛。Hide。
Hide is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Fnords are Off
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:19 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.