Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-04-2021, 03:23 PM   #831
TGLS
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

OK, so the next day, after work, I'll try to sneak the poison pills in to a drive section mess (not Daymar's).

More lying to Thibi:
Quote:
[563] 21-08-04 22:17:32 CEST
Acting
3d6 <= 15 17
6 + 5 + 2 = 13 ... success
Checking photorefraction before heading up:
Quote:
[564] 21-08-04 22:19:38 CEST
Photorefraction
3d6 <= 15
6 + 2 + 6 = 14 ... success
Heading up and casing:
Quote:
[565] 21-08-04 22:20:11 CEST
Stealth
3d6 <= 16
2 + 1 + 6 = 9 ... success
[566] 21-08-04 22:20:28 CEST
Observation
3d6 <= 13
3 + 5 + 4 = 12 ... success
Now opening the pill locker, making three attempts:
Quote:
[567] 21-08-04 22:22:00 CEST
Lockpicking at -4
3d6 <= 10
1: 5 + 5 + 4 = 14 ... failure
2: 6 + 3 + 6 = 15 ... failure
3: 4 + 3 + 3 = 10 ... success
And then heading back:
Quote:
[568] 21-08-04 22:22:33 CEST
Photorefraction
3d6 <= 15
4 + 2 + 1 = 7 ... success
[569] 21-08-04 22:22:45 CEST
Stealth
3d6 <= 16
2 + 1 + 1 = 4 ... success
Next will be another nap, and to try casing the brig, again.
TGLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2021, 05:17 PM   #832
GnomesofZurich
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Canada
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Kivu is close by. Pothi leads the befuddled double back. Daymar has a new buddy now! They go to eat breakfast... Daymar is unsure if the food is safe or not: its a deep square made of pasta that has been cooked, seasoned with some rich thick sauce, and then baked.
Daymar can't risk eating contaminated food now. He'll try to steer Kivu to a table near the edge of the mess, with as few people around as possible. He will resort to his old tricks removing and disposing of the possibly contaminated meal, and then trying to scrounge up something that's more likely to be safe. If his tablemates are suspicious, I can use Suggestion to re-direct attention, but for now he's trying this sans powers.

[570] 21-08-05 00:14:27 CEST

Filch

3d6 <= 13
2 + 3 + 5 = 10 ... success

[571] 21-08-05 00:14:43 CEST

Holdout

3d6 <= 14
1 + 6 + 2 = 9 ... success

[572] 21-08-05 00:18:09 CEST

Scrounging

3d6 <= 14
4 + 1 + 5 = 10 ... success

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Its going to be a long day... though its nice to be out of the hyperdrive room, where everyone is working fast as they can and is super stressed.

Unless Daymar is slacking off for the next 8 hours, he'll take 1 FP from working two shifts back to back until he can rest properly.
Daymar is going to work a normal shift and use this time to get oriented in his new role.
__________________
Secret: Not a Gnome. (Actually a Dwarf with Dwarfism).
GnomesofZurich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2021, 09:03 AM   #833
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
OK, so the next day, after work, I'll try to sneak the poison pills in to a drive section mess (not Daymar's).

Next will be another nap, and to try casing the brig, again.
She has snuck the poison pills into a drive section mess: Is he targeting the hyperdrive or the rocket crew?


Quote:
Originally Posted by GnomesofZurich View Post
Daymar can't risk eating contaminated food now. He'll try to steer Kivu to a table near the edge of the mess, with as few people around as possible. He will resort to his old tricks removing and disposing of the possibly contaminated meal, and then trying to scrounge up something that's more likely to be safe. If his tablemates are suspicious, I can use Suggestion to re-direct attention, but for now he's trying this sans powers.

Daymar is going to work a normal shift and use this time to get oriented in his new role.
His practiced tricks work.



How many meals will he do that for?
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2021, 11:55 AM   #834
TGLS
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
She has snuck the poison pills into a drive section mess: Is she targeting the hyperdrive or the rocket crew?
Hyperdrive; I want to try to delay the repairs for longer. I forgot to mention this, but I'd to keep a few so I have a convenient means to poison people later.

--

After getting early sleep in during break period, I try to case the brig a second time, during sleep period.
Quote:
[573] 21-08-05 18:51:39 CEST
Photorefraction
3d6 <= 15
2 + 2 + 4 = 8 ... success
[574] 21-08-05 18:52:04 CEST
Stealth
3d6 <= 16
3 + 1 + 6 = 10 ... success
[575] 21-08-05 18:52:47 CEST
Observation
3d6 <= 13
4 + 3 + 3 = 10 ... success
Now that I have the guard's schedule now, I suppose I have a good idea of how to ambush them next time, and if Botha's being imprisoned here.
TGLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2021, 03:37 PM   #835
GnomesofZurich
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Canada
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
His practiced tricks work.

How many meals will he do that for?
I guess until he can determine whether the food is safe or not - unless there's some message from Hua, he'll have to keep this up until the next meeting.
__________________
Secret: Not a Gnome. (Actually a Dwarf with Dwarfism).
GnomesofZurich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2021, 10:34 PM   #836
Hide
 
Hide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
Hyperdrive; I want to try to delay the repairs for longer. I forgot to mention this, but I'd to keep a few so I have a convenient means to poison people later(...)
Remember Pacifica told Hua to be careful. They are on the lookout!

Erick, what did Pacifica learn from Nejora?
What are her skills?
__________________
- 画龍点睛。Hide。

Last edited by Hide; 08-05-2021 at 10:37 PM.
Hide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2021, 11:44 AM   #837
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

We need a few more rolls from Daymar, and then the meeting.

oh, and maybe some fuss about an entire section being arrested and an adjacent one being poisoned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
Hyperdrive; I want to try to delay the repairs for longer. I forgot to mention this, but I'd to keep a few so I have a convenient means to poison people later.
Awesome... good idea.

Quote:
After getting early sleep in during break period, I try to case the brig a second time, during sleep period.

Now that I have the guard's schedule now, I suppose I have a good idea of how to ambush them next time, and if Botha's being imprisoned here.
Done. We'll see how this progresses the next night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GnomesofZurich View Post
I guess until he can determine whether the food is safe or not - unless there's some message from Hua, he'll have to keep this up until the next meeting.
I need rolls for two more meals then.

If that goes well it will be time for the meeting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hide View Post
Erick, what did Pacifica learn from Nejora?
What are her skills?
Nejora's skills are that of a navigator, rather than a clerk. She can talk about the Bush on Jeetu, but its clear she has little actual experience in it. She's not bad in a fist fight. Her people skills are enough to get by, and she's a pretty good navigator-- deep down, she's good with numbers.
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2021, 05:40 PM   #838
GnomesofZurich
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Canada
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
We need a few more rolls from Daymar, and then the meeting.

I need rolls for two more meals then.

If that goes well it will be time for the meeting.
Okay, for the second meal, Daymar succeeded at Filch, Holdout, and Scrounging. For the third meal, Daymar succeeded Filch and Scrounging, but failed at Holdout. So, I guess he needs to figure out who might have seen him, and how to handle that. I've rolled against Suggestion, since that will probably be involved in sorting the situation out.

[576] 21-08-07 00:33:42 CEST

Filch

3d6 <= 13
1: 1 + 4 + 4 = 9 ... success
2: 4 + 3 + 1 = 8 ... success

[577] 21-08-07 00:34:03 CEST

Holdout

3d6 <= 14
1: 1 + 5 + 4 = 10 ... success
2: 6 + 4 + 6 = 16 ... failure

[578] 21-08-07 00:36:59 CEST

Scrounging

3d6 <= 14
1: 4 + 4 + 6 = 14 ... success
2: 3 + 4 + 1 = 8 ... success

[579] 21-08-07 00:39:37 CEST

Suggestion

3d6 <= 16
2 + 3 + 2 = 7 ... success
__________________
Secret: Not a Gnome. (Actually a Dwarf with Dwarfism).
GnomesofZurich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2021, 05:10 PM   #839
Hide
 
Hide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Nejora's skills are that of a navigator, rather than a clerk. She can talk about the Bush on Jeetu, but its clear she has little actual experience in it. She's not bad in a fist fight. Her people skills are enough to get by, and she's a pretty good navigator-- deep down, she's good with numbers.
Pacifica takes note of her buddy's skills.

Can Nejora wield guns or knives? Since Day had a small issue during lunchtime, should we wait for another round of rolls?
__________________
- 画龍点睛。Hide。
Hide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2021, 09:12 AM   #840
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hide View Post
Pacifica takes note of her buddy's skills.

Can Nejora wield guns or knives? Since Day had a small issue during lunchtime, should we wait for another round of rolls?
She's been trained in marksman ship and knife combat... just like every other green recruit on this ship. She is not markedly better at shooting than anyone else, and might only be better at knives because she knows how to scrap on the ground properly.


Quote:
Originally Posted by GnomesofZurich View Post
Okay, for the second meal, Daymar succeeded at Filch, Holdout, and Scrounging. For the third meal, Daymar succeeded Filch and Scrounging, but failed at Holdout. So, I guess he needs to figure out who might have seen him, and how to handle that. I've rolled against Suggestion, since that will probably be involved in sorting the situation out.
Dinner is a collection of pea-sized pasta/dumping balls infused with flavoring from some planet probably only known to chefs.



Daymar gets the batch to the bathroom, but when he's trying to get it all out, some of it spills. The bathroom has a few people in it, but it seems only one person has noticed. Daymar Quickly suggests that he forget about it, and the man returns to his "business".



After work, Its time to get to the meeting. As Daymar is getting ready to leave, he sees security lead an entire hall full of people from shields into elevators.



It has been 72 hours since the ship has dropped out of hyperspace.
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Fnords are Off
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:23 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.