Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-25-2022, 05:10 PM   #1301
GnomesofZurich
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Canada
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Luck has recharged. that's... lucky.
Okay, that's what I was waiting to confirm before responding.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
"Sounds good to me."

"More or less. There's tons of prisoners on Deck 19."

"Let's split the difference. We form up at Command Center 9C, and then we get ready to take the plasma rocket area. We can take drive after that."
"Okay, first I should take care of your prisoners on Deck 19, then we see how about stowing these bodies, and then we seek out Pacifica at the command center. Are you coming with me, or proceeding directly to the command center?"
__________________
Secret: Not a Gnome. (Actually a Dwarf with Dwarfism).
GnomesofZurich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2022, 10:29 PM   #1302
TGLS
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by GnomesofZurich View Post
"Are you coming with me, or proceeding directly to the command center?"
"I'll be heading to the command center. Do I need to leave guards here or are these crew usable for our purposes?"
TGLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2022, 12:51 PM   #1303
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by GnomesofZurich View Post
He will try to convert the five prisoners. I have a critical failure on the first roll, now it becomes pertinent whether his Luck has recharged or not. You indicated at one point you were leaning towards a recharge rate of every 30 posts. I last used Luck in post 1268, this will be post 1298, so I think I'm good to use it (just).

I did this roll, but it was a mis-click:
You think it all worked!
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2022, 03:33 PM   #1304
GnomesofZurich
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Canada
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
"I'll be heading to the command center. Do I need to leave guards here or are these crew usable for our purposes?"
"I think they are on our side now, it's hard to be completely certain, so it would be good to have someone we can trust keep an eye on them, perhaps just a guard or two. I'm going to head to Deck 19 now, and I'll join up with you later."

Daymar and his trio of guards will head to Deck 19 to begin the process of converting the prisoners there.
__________________
Secret: Not a Gnome. (Actually a Dwarf with Dwarfism).
GnomesofZurich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2022, 04:30 PM   #1305
TGLS
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

So much for using the brainwashed crew as cannon fodder. I'll leave a pair of guards behind to guard the five and head over to the 9C command center. I'll head up ahead and keep an eye out for trouble.

Quote:
[898] 22-03-28 23:30:01 CEST
Observation
3d6 <= 13
1 + 4 + 3 = 8 ... success
[897] 22-03-28 23:29:42 CEST
Photorefraction
3d6 <= 15
2 + 4 + 5 = 11 ... success
[896] 22-03-28 23:29:33 CEST
Stealth
3d6 <= 16
5 + 4 + 4 = 13 ... success
TGLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2022, 12:59 PM   #1306
Hide
 
Hide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Pacifica replies to the friendly team (comms). She will talk using her "electronic voice phenomena" perk, this way the people in section 9 will not listen to the conversation.

Her next actions will depend on the information from her team.
__________________
- 画龍点睛。Hide。
Hide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2022, 08:25 AM   #1307
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Hua and daymar hear pacifica's voice over the comm. She has taken the control center at 9C with a bit of bloodshed, but is in control. What other details will she be conveying?
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2022, 11:22 AM   #1308
Hide
 
Hide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Hua and daymar hear pacifica's voice over the comm. She has taken the control center at 9C with a bit of bloodshed, but is in control. What other details will she be conveying?
She tells them the guy "in charge" of the security team revealed himself as a traitor (to Zorbani), in her words:
"Y cuando preguntaron '¿CON QUÉ AUTORIDAD?', el gritó: 'EN EL NOMBRE DE LA QUINTA REPÚBLICA!'"

That was cool, but right now we cannot simulate we are hunting Dread-Stormers at Nancy's (9C). I will kill them all (flushing the oxygen out), unless you have other plans. I might have to deal with the Captain soon, so clearing this area is a must; I strongly advice you get to the Captain's place as well.

She asks them where they are, and their ETA to section 9. She also tells them the rest of her plans.
__________________
- 画龍点睛。Hide。
Hide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2022, 11:27 AM   #1309
GnomesofZurich
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Canada
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hide View Post
She tells them the guy "in charge" of the security team revealed himself as a traitor (to Zorbani), in her words:
"Y cuando preguntaron '¿CON QUÉ AUTORIDAD?', el gritó: 'EN EL NOMBRE DE LA QUINTA REPÚBLICA!'"

That was cool, but right now we cannot simulate we are hunting Dread-Stormers at Nancy's (9C). I will kill them all (flushing the oxygen out), unless you have other plans. I might have to deal with the Captain soon, so clearing this area is a must; I strongly advice you get to the Captain's place as well.

She asks them where they are, and their ETA to section 9. She also tells them the rest of her plans.
OOC: Does Pacifica have some way of hearing us, or is this one-way communication?
__________________
Secret: Not a Gnome. (Actually a Dwarf with Dwarfism).
GnomesofZurich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2022, 12:26 PM   #1310
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by GnomesofZurich View Post
OOC: Does Pacifica have some way of hearing us, or is this one-way communication?

The speaker on her end of the comm will work.
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Fnords are Off
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:40 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.