Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 10-12-2021, 02:46 PM   #791
Hide

Default Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! IC

Bain gets to the fallen and recovers his arrows. He also checks the area (Observation 13+1:11), looking for potential threats and makes some tracking (12:9) to find signs of activity other than combat, clues to locate more people or creatures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicious Violence View Post
(...)I think we should crush the skulls of any bodies, lest they become zombies as well.
You are right Vicious. Behead them, maim them, search them and crush their bodies. Often times, sentries are in charge of watching the hotspots, they could have useful items (keys, maps or tools) to delve about this place.

Quote:
(...)you had no mercy on yourself.
But the sand keeps falling through the hourglass.

Bain speaks to the bandit and looks at her face.

Are you feeling better now?

We can’t let you go, but we can take you with us* and patch you so you don’t die from that wound. The terms are simple, the more you help us, the better you end after this. If you happen to be of great aid, you could even get that arm back!

Have you heard about us? The Riddle of Steel? We are here to eradicate the vermin pestering The Caves. What is your name?

Bain pauses to let Bandit answer.

Sometimes it is just a matter living the question to get into the answer.

* OOC: Bain makes use of his leadership skill (10+ ? : 12), it may work considering the offers; I am letting Gathika take care of the diplomat business. I rolled to lead the bandit to a potentially dangerous/stressful situation.
Old 10-12-2021, 03:49 PM   #792
PumpkinLorica

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
"Gathika, please don't accidentally kill the prisoner"
ALRIGHT COMRADE!
I’ll try to avoid killing her by mistake (Ф ﻌ Ф) …
I’LL GIVE IT MY BEST TO DO IT ON PURPOSE! ⓛⰙⓛฅ

Gathika is just kidding, her SCR is OK. She heals the bandit with minor healing 15/14 and restores 3 HP (rolled diplomacy 12/15, do meaningful things for others grants meaningful bonuses?).

NOW TALK! (=`ω´=)
Old 10-12-2021, 11:37 PM   #793
ajardoor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
  1. Ask her about the inhabitants of each cave in the canyon ( are they orcs, bandits, zombies, demons, etc.)
  2. Ask her what she means by "They own us"? have they done something mystical to the bandits?
  3. Ask what their cave connects to
The woman reluctantly answers;
She does not know what is in every cave, only a few of them, and she's never been in any cave other than her own. She has heard tales of murdered orcs turned zombies, hobgoblins who hate the cult, horde pygmies who scavenge around the edges like rats, and a monster hiding in a watery mud pit.
The necromancers steal souls and summon demons, they probably took over the highwaymen leaders that way. Also, they threaten to kill people who do not serve them.
She thinks this current cave is not connected to anything, unless they missed a secret tunnel somewhere.

Vic senses some slight dishonesty.

Bain sees, to his relief, no signs of any more enemies nearby. As for tracks, Bain notices some faint footprints leading both to and away from a spot in the room. The spot is in the corner just across from the entrance, and is littered with mud and debris. Weird.
Old 10-12-2021, 11:46 PM   #794
vicious Violence

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajardoor View Post
The woman reluctantly answers;
She does not know what is in every cave, only a few of them, and she's never been in any cave other than her own. She has heard tales of murdered orcs turned zombies, hobgoblins who hate the cult, horde pygmies who scavenge around the edges like rats, and a monster hiding in a watery mud pit.
The necromancers steal souls and summon demons, they probably took over the highwaymen leaders that way. Also, they threaten to kill people who do not serve them.
She thinks this current cave is not connected to anything, unless they missed a secret tunnel somewhere.

Vic senses some slight dishonesty.

Bain sees, to his relief, no signs of any more enemies nearby. As for tracks, Bain notices some faint footprints leading both to and away from a spot in the room. The spot is in the corner just across from the entrance, and is littered with mud and debris. Weird.
Woman, you have lied to trueself all your life, and look what it has gotten you. I think the time to tell the truth is upon you. Think well before you answer. (rolled detect lies for her answer, rolled 11, success)
vicious Violence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2021, 06:09 AM   #795
ajardoor

The bandit panics.
"What are you talking about?! I AM NOT LYING, REALLY!"
She is lying. She will continue to lie.
Old 10-13-2021, 02:19 PM   #796
vicious Violence

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajardoor View Post
The bandit panics.
"What are you talking about?! I AM NOT LYING, REALLY!"
She is lying. She will continue to lie.
Seems our friend cannot help herself, Gathika? Bain? Would you help guide her to the TRUTH?
Old 10-13-2021, 02:40 PM   #797
Hide

The bandit fails to answer the questions. Bain's pause ends.

Sometimes it is just a matter living the question to get into the answer. Restrain this fellow…
Nothing personal...

Bain asks Telrith and Vicious for their help; then he approaches the bandit and makes a choke-hold, breaking the hold until the bandit is exhausted (not dead). Bain has a stoic look.

Next, let us break the bandit’s index and thumb fingers, this makes an escape unlikely. We are doing this now, to save her some pain.

Bain makes another hold to cripple the bandit’s fingers, once the job is done, he asks the party to remove the equipment from her.

Could you tie and put the bandit in the cart? Remember to silence her with some cloth in her mouth. Once you are done with her, let’s look for useful items and move out.

Bain shares his findings with the party.
Old 10-13-2021, 02:47 PM   #798
vicious Violence

Very well.

Vic proceeds to tie the captive as asked. (Rolled knot tying 8, skill level 15) and listens closely to Bain.

Telrith could we ask Slateman to destroy all the enemies heads?
Old 10-14-2021, 05:41 AM   #799
ajardoor

The captive bandit is thoroughly subdued by the choke and the finger breaking. She still refuses to tell the truth, still maintaining her lies.
Tying her up and putting her in the cart is easy.
Old 10-14-2021, 06:54 AM   #800
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Quote:
Telrith could we ask Slateman to destroy all the enemies heads?

"Of the dead ones? sure!"

Telrith checks to see which bandits are dead.

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
dfrpg, dungeon fantasy, magic, martial arts, riddle of steel, sharpshooter, sierra hotel adventurers, spells, swordlogic