Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin

Old 12-07-2021, 02:37 PM   #1
capnq

Default Limits on postcards?

I have two copies of the Hunting Season postcard.. Can I use both in the same game? Or are postcards considered to be bookmarks?

When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries disappear and life stands explained. -- Mark Twain
capnq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2021, 08:37 PM   #2
pmpappas

Default Re: Limits on postcards?

Bookmarks generally have rules text like this; "You may use only one bookmark (of any kind) per game unless you change sex. If you change sex, you may use a second bookmark. You may not use more than two in a game, no matter what."

In this forum post http://forums.sjgames.com/showthread.php?t=80129&page=2 , when asked (to paraphrase and simplify) if you could use more than one promo coin in a game, Andrew Hackard replied; "You are restricted to one coin use total per game unless the specific coin rule says otherwise."

Taken together it seems reasonable to assume you can only use one postcard per game, unless it says otherwise.

I don't see how a postcard could be considered a bookmark. Hunting Season has text which explicitly identifies it as a Munchkin Hunting Season Postcard, probably because unlike (for example) Get More Loot and Calendar Club, it's not a literal postcard.

Perhaps I should clarify that (for example) Warehouse 23 and The Official 2015 Munchkin International TableTop Day Dungeon of Superior Shopping! are postcard sized promo Dungeons, not postcards.

This answer is just my opinion based on what I could find and in no way should be inferred to be anything else. I attempted to answer the question because it seemed to be languishing in the forums. If anyone has a different opinion or especially an official answer I'd be interested to hear it.

"Let people like what they like. Don't be a gamer hater." - Andrew Hackard
pmpappas is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
munchkin promos