Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 07-23-2021, 07:44 AM   #801
TGLS

Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Hua is able to tamper with the battery and forklift she plans to use the next day. Its battery is running low at the right moment...
OK, next, I'll fast talk to Thibi that I'll go fetch a replacement battery while she keeps working.

Quote:
[551] 21-07-23 15:28:53 CEST
Fast-Talk
3d6 <= 13
2 + 5 + 1 = 8 ... success
Then I'll slip away to the meeting before dollying a battery back.
Quote:
[553] 21-07-23 15:32:36 CEST
Photorefraction
3d6 <= 15
6 + 3 + 6 = 15 ... success
[552] 21-07-23 15:32:27 CEST
Stealth
3d6 <= 16
2 + 2 + 4 = 8 ... success
OK when I arrive:
"The pills have been made, but there was a problem with swapping the pills. There's probably higher security in that mess now, but I imagine we're committed to changing messes. After I get the pills swapped, I plan to make another set of pills to poison your previous mess. After that I think I'll try to stage an escape in the brig; give them all scalpels and tell them to get to work."
TGLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2021, 01:08 PM   #802
GnomesofZurich

Daymar shares his progress, "I met up Nijothu and his buddy, so they should be subverted now and ready to swap - I need to go find them when they wake up to make that happen. I also managed to cause some further issues with the hyperdrive that should delay the repairs. I hope your second attempt to swap out the pills works."
Old 07-23-2021, 10:52 PM   #803
Hide

Pacifica listens carefully to her teammates; she also tells them about her progress with the plan of having the subverted find each other and gather together...

I let Vinobi know the names of the other subverted; hopefully, they will start working as “a team” very soon. Be careful, if you say security has enter high alert, there will be interviews as before. Prepare your buddies to give a good “confession”.

Hua, could you share more about your plan? How much time will your move take? Day, I am glad things are working out for you; I believe you should make the switch ASAP, the mess with security could trigger "your lockdown".
Old 07-24-2021, 09:47 AM   #804
TGLS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hide View Post
Hua, could you share more about your plan? How much time will your move take?
1) Swap out the pills in Daymar's new mess. Call that tonight.
2) Make the poisoned pills for Daymar's old mess or possibly the other Drive mess. That might be tonight or it might be the day after.
3) Swap in the poison pills. Call that tomorrow. Hopefully this results in damage.
4) I remember seeing two or three people locked up in adjacent cells. Security said they were traitors... I think if I give them a knife and tell them to get to work, they'll at least get security on their toes and maybe get a few killed. Call that day after tomorrow.
Old 07-25-2021, 02:58 PM   #805
Hide

I think one of the prisoners will be your former buddy, keep that in mind; she could get you.

I am still worried that they haven’t touched Day’s scapegoat... Security might get to her after this “situation” you just escaped from; I would recommend to stay away from her section.

Also, I believe Day’s section lockdown was scheduled for tomorrow. So, you might have to hurry the pill operation (do it right now) or scrap it… Because you could get “caught” with the others. My reading is that officers are very squared about their decisions; consider the navigation chief, he did not spare Day even after his valuable help. The lockdown might take place regardless of the ship's status.
Old 07-26-2021, 10:55 AM   #806
GnomesofZurich

Daymar starts to wrap up the meeting, "Okay, I think we all know what we have to do - if all goes well, when we meet up next I will be 'Nijothu'. When shall we meet next?"
Old 07-26-2021, 11:20 AM   #807
TGLS

Quote:
I think one of the prisoners will be your former buddy, keep that in mind; she could get you.
Well I'll be sure to check the cells before moving ahead with a jailbreak.

Quote:
I am still worried that they haven’t touched Day’s scapegoat... Security might get to her after this “situation” you just escaped from; I would recommend to stay away from her section.
Well I suppose I could delay the poison plot or perhaps change targets. [OOC: I remember Officers and Morale sections don't take suppressants. Does security?]

Quote:
Also, I believe Day’s section lockdown was scheduled for tomorrow. So, you might have to hurry the pill operation (do it right now) or scrap it… Because you could get “caught” with the others.
It's a different section entirely; why would they be locking down the shields section too?
Old 07-26-2021, 03:43 PM   #808
Hide

Quote:
Originally Posted by GnomesofZurich View Post
Daymar starts to wrap up the meeting (...)
I would suggest to meet in 48 hours; that would give us room to see what happens in the ship and have things cool down.*
Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
Well I'll be sure to check(...)
Great! Make sure to case security before doing your moves; that would give you an advantage in "emergency escape" situations.

*OOC: Since this is an "special meeting" what is the time for the next official/scheduled meeting? We could wait for such time as well.
Old 07-28-2021, 06:25 AM   #809
TGLS

Quote:
*OOC: Since this is an "special meeting" what is the time for the next official/scheduled meeting?
I don't think there's such a thing; the situation on the ship changes too rapidly for fixed meetings to make sense.

I think 48 hours is a good time for the next meeting.
Old 07-28-2021, 02:42 PM   #810
Hide

Pacifca, observing the team agrees with meeting in about 48 hours, during the third shift, adds:

Alright, if any of us could not make it, let's agree to leave a note at a certain place. This would be the fail-safe, if (for example) our shifts change.