Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 07-01-2021, 07:59 AM   #71
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Default Re: Lost in Dreams II (OCC)

My guess would be around four months. He was on the world with the riders for a while, then he was hanging out with miracle workers for a while, but I don't think either of those times was longer than a few months.

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2021, 11:02 PM   #72
the_matrix_walker

I'm thinking of putting...

A point in Knife,
A point in Guns (Pistol)
A point in Dreaming after his next success

And I would like to take the "Call of the Wild" perk from PU2: Perks page 12.

I considered a point in riding, but I figure I'm going to get 200 hours in eventually...

And if four+ Months have passed, (unless dream-walkers don't age which could be quite interesting!) We should probably add an inch to Peter's height. He's going to be 15 soon.

If I want to put some points toward Karana magic, how would that be purchased?
the_matrix_walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2021, 10:10 AM   #73
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_matrix_walker View Post
I'm thinking of putting...

A point in Knife,
A point in Guns (Pistol)
A point in Dreaming after his next success
those all look good.

Quote:
And I would like to take the "Call of the Wild" perk from PU2: Perks page 12.
That's an interesting request... normally stuff like that gets purchased after a notable encounter with a wild animal... but I suppose if it comes up we can make a big deal of the first encounter and let you use the point then. You can purchase it.

Quote:
I considered a point in riding, but I figure I'm going to get 200 hours in eventually...
Eventually... though be aware you've got another batch of points coming down the road.

Quote:
And if four+ Months have passed, (unless dream-walkers don't age which could be quite interesting!) We should probably add an inch to Peter's height. He's going to be 15 soon.
Yeah, we should be watching Peter's age. He is certainly aging... Goliath too, in the grand scheme of things. How old did he start at? could you give expected height at various ages?

Quote:
If I want to put some points toward Karana magic, how would that be purchased?
People in the world have a base advantage that grants permission (which you have courtesy of your template), an ER pool (you have 10 points in it, courtesy of the template ... though its shared among all magic abilities you have), and two skills: one is about gathering the smoke (ritual magic (Karana)), and the other is about shaping the animals... which is physiology (Karana).

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
Old 12-10-2021, 02:17 PM   #74
the_matrix_walker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
That's an interesting request... normally stuff like that gets purchased after a notable encounter with a wild animal... but I suppose if it comes up we can make a big deal of the first encounter and let you use the point then. You can purchase it.
I meant to ask about it before when Peter had the encounter with the wolf, but it was reinforced when he seemed to have a little bit of impact trying to use animal handling on the uncontrolled Karana demon that was behaving in an animalistic way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Yeah, we should be watching Peter's age. He is certainly aging... Goliath too, in the grand scheme of things. How old did he start at? could you give expected height at various ages?
Peter started at 14 (and we'll call it and a half, so he's nearly 15) and is a bit of a late bloomer, but is hitting his growth spurt. Let's call his full-grown height 6'2". So we should probably add 1 inch now to 5'5" and add an inch per 2 months until he hits 6 feet... -ish

Leonbergers are full grown at a year, so let's say Goliath is about two and a half years old.

--On the Skills and Perk

I added to the sheet:

A point in Knife,
A point in Guns (Pistol)
A point in Dreaming
A point in Ritual Magic, Karana
A point in Physiology, Karana
And a point for the Call of the Wild Perk.

Which actually puts him a point over... But he doesn't officially have dreaming yet and points are apparently soon to come.

-

Last edited by the_matrix_walker; 12-10-2021 at 09:13 PM.
Old 12-13-2021, 09:48 AM   #75
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Quote:
I meant to ask about it before when Peter had the encounter with the wolf, but it was reinforced when he seemed to have a little bit of impact trying to use animal handling on the uncontrolled Karana demon that was behaving in an animalistic way.
It wouldn't have worked on the demon... but it does feel like a good match for Peter.

He really could have used it on the Ground Sloth/ Plague world... we'll see where he ends up next.

Quote:
Peter started at 14 (and we'll call it and a half, so he's nearly 15) and is a bit of a late bloomer, but is hitting his growth spurt. Let's call his full-grown height 6'2". So we should probably add 1 inch now to 5'5" and add an inch per 2 months until he hits 6 feet... -ish

that's what, 7 inches in 14 months? and then the last two will show up a bit more slowly? That looks quite reasonable, now that I look up what height is doing at that age. Something to look forward to with my own kids!

Quote:
Leonbergers are full grown at a year, so let's say Goliath is about two and a half years old.
ok

Quote:
--On the Skills and Perk

I added to the sheet:

A point in Knife,
A point in Guns (Pistol)
A point in Dreaming
A point in Ritual Magic, Karana
A point in Physiology, Karana
And a point for the Call of the Wild Perk.

Which actually puts him a point over... But he doesn't officially have dreaming yet and points are apparently soon to come.

Looks good!

Old 12-15-2021, 08:00 AM   #76
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

I feel obligated to make a comment about "That meddling kid and his blasted dog!"

Old 12-20-2021, 11:05 AM   #77
the_matrix_walker

I think I want to use luck on that Dreaming roll... It's game time so it will be available the next day IIRC.

Will you make the extra rolls? My rolling has been so abominable, I might need you to break the streak for me :P
Old 12-20-2021, 01:54 PM   #78
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Quote:
I think I want to use luck on that Dreaming roll... It's game time so it will be available the next day IIRC.

Will you make the extra rolls? My rolling has been so abominable, I might need you to break the streak for me :P
ok.... that's a curious place to use luck... 5 and 8. Streak broken. He's going home. That's a curious decision from a Metagame standpoint...

Old 12-20-2021, 03:05 PM   #79
the_matrix_walker

The metagame point was that I really wanted to get a point in dreaming and Peter had to succeed again first!

I honestly wasn't even thinking about him actually making it home... This should be interesting!
Old 12-20-2021, 03:24 PM   #80
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Quote:
I honestly wasn't even thinking about him actually making it home... This should be interesting!

We've had people end up at home before... but Tereza had been a missing persons case before she left and wasn't a minor, so it will be pretty different!

Tags
ericthered, friendpmcii, lost in dreams