Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 07-28-2021, 01:28 AM   #561
Hide

Default Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! IC

After checking the room, Bain tells his friends to walk away from the room; and as he recovers his arrows he says:

Well... If, these people are against Mendel and Mendel is with the cultists, and if the lizardmen are against them... These guys could be allies with the lizardmen.

It would be a good choice to keep them safe (leave them with the Lizardmen) while we deal with the cultists.

After listening to the party, Bain talks to the prisoners:

I am Bain of Avalon, first of his name.
And these are my companions…
You may call us the Riddle of Steel, we dealt with the bandits at the lower levels of The Caves.

As far as I can tell, you want justice... But how do we know you are telling the truth?
How can you prove your accusations before the town? Circumstances and facts are two different things.

By the way, would you get along with lizardmen? Can any of you talk to them? That’s our destination. Mendel say we had to avoid them, not it seems we were right about their kin.

Please tell us more about this place and its people, cultists and lizardmen included.

Last edited by Hide; 07-28-2021 at 06:23 PM.
Hide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2021, 01:41 AM   #562
ajardoor

The captives know nothing of substance about the lizardmen.

The captives were kept in a kind of trance or false death when they were being ferried to this place. They remember nothing of the time between when they were force-fed an elixir and when they regained their senses shackled in this room.

The slaves say they are willing to go before the Keep authorities and submit to a truth telling spell.
Old 07-29-2021, 01:40 AM   #563
Hide

Seeing Gathika wants to heal the prisoners, Bain carefully sets the captives free; then, he offers them food…

We also have buried few sets of armor nearby; these could be of help to you, It’s better than nothing. We may show you the place, once it is time… We have cleared this place; we shall check the other chamber. You said we should look for a girl, what is her name? I she with or against you?

Bain tells the party move towards the other chamber.

Last edited by Hide; 07-29-2021 at 03:46 PM.
Old 07-29-2021, 02:59 AM   #564
ajardoor

The captives enjoy the food offered.
They say the young woman is about 14, and wearing a short back dress.
They think she is magically talented, smart and literate. She's not with the rest of the captives.

The other corridor leads off to the south-east, an opening on the left (no door) and then, further on, a straightened-out hallway ending in a closed heavy metal door.
Old 07-29-2021, 11:48 PM   #565
vicious Violence

YOU ARE FED AND CURED! THE TIME FOR REVENGE IS NOW PEOPLE. FOLLOW THE RIDDLE OF STEEL INTO GLORY AND THE DEMISE OF THE WICKED! We will do the heavy fighting but your help will be INVALUABLE!
vicious Violence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2021, 01:32 AM   #566
Hide

Bain is determined to bring down the cultists; he looks especially outraged at MENDEL for treasoning these people.

That is right.

One of you will join the fray.

The rest is not going to be left behind, you will follow us and remain at a safe distance, standing as a self-defense group.

I have been trough this: If one were to rob humans from their desire, they would have peace; we are the bringers of peace.

One of you will become a witness of what about to happen. Don't throw hope away, keep it up my friends.

...He tells the people to don the armor of the undead.

Last edited by Hide; 07-30-2021 at 06:31 PM.
Old 07-30-2021, 02:41 AM   #567
ajardoor

The captives arm themselves and don armour, but they refuse to go with the party to fight. They just want to leave and go home.

The party walks past an opening to another room and to the end of the second corridor, where a metal door stands firm.
Old 07-30-2021, 08:14 AM   #568
Hide

Bain turns at the people with a compassionate look.

My friends, let me clear your question, we are not asking you to fight. If you plan a return to town with us, you will have to stand ready to defend yourselves, at the back of our party.

This is probably going to be the longest day in your life, you already know you can’t make it back in your condition. If you want to come with us, one of you will join the fray as a witness; this is not an option.

We are just travelers that met in the road, we freed you.
It may seem we have the same destination, but we don’t.

This can't be done without you. We may support you, but If you are not ready to fight, you are as well forfeiting your own right to live; you have to earn such right, otherwise, you are throwing away hope.

You are in the brim of extinction; will you choose to overcome your limits and evolve or will you trigger your own end?

Last edited by Hide; 07-30-2021 at 06:31 PM.
Old 07-30-2021, 09:12 AM   #569
PumpkinLorica

GATHIKA NODS AT THE REMARKS.

YES! The wish of going home is not the same as a resolve to LIVE!

WE ARE MAKING A SHORTER TRIP BECAUSE OF YOU. But I won’t stop you if you want to make it even shorter ฅ^•ﻌ•^ฅ

Gathika says she can dispel the lock. She will wait for the party, but won’t lift a finger if the captives keep playing the chicken.

She asks the elementals to stand back/away and out of 14 she gets a 5.
Old 07-30-2021, 10:12 AM   #570
vicious Violence

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajardoor View Post
The captives arm themselves and don armour, but they refuse to go with the party to fight. They just want to leave and go home.

The party walks past an opening to another room and to the end of the second corridor, where a metal door stands firm.
IF YOU WILL NOT FIGHT THE CULTISTS, MAYBE YOU ARE CULTISTS IN DISGUISE AS WELL. YOU WILL BE DEALT WITH AS SUCH! YOU HAVE 3 MINUTES TO TAKE THE CORRECT CHOICE!

Last edited by vicious Violence; 07-30-2021 at 10:17 AM.
vicious Violence is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dfrpg, dungeon fantasy, magic, martial arts, riddle of steel, sharpshooter, sierra hotel adventurers, spells, swordlogic