Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-09-2021, 08:10 PM   #11
ericbsmith

Location: Binghamton, NY, USA. Near the river Styx in the 5th Circle.
Default Re: GURPS Spaceships Design Spreadsheet

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmurrell View Post
A question and a request.

The question is how can I move saved ships from on older version to a newer one. Preferably moving a whole saved ships sheet at once.
Open both the old spreadsheet and the new version in Excel at the same time (e.g. you might open both RC 30 and RC 33 together).

Older versions of Excel had some memory issues with doing this with large sheets (which this is). So what you can do is delete all of the sheets from the older spreadsheet except for the Saved Ships Sheet before opening it (I recommend saving it to a new file at this point, closing it, then reopening it).

Once you've opened both spreadsheets you will need a Saved Ships sheet with enough room to import all of the ships; you can either create a new Saved Ships sheet or delete all of the ships from within the Official or Unofficial Ships sheets. Once you have that, you can click the Import Saved Ships button in the Saved Ships sheet, and it will ask you which file you're importing from, which Saved Ships sheet in that file you're importing from, and which Saved Ships sheet in the current spreadsheet you're importing to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmurrell View Post
The request is a way to name habitat modules. Admirals cabin, marine gym, 2nd class passenger cabins, etc.
Let me think on that.
Kaboom-baya.
ericbsmith is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
design, game aids, gurpsland, program, sheet, spaceships, spreadsheet