Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 07-30-2011, 01:15 PM   #41
Adelus

Default Re: RPM[MH]- RPM, charms, and weapons

Quote:
Originally Posted by starslayer View Post
'And they say Airsoft is for wimps'- enchants an airsoft gun, BB gun, or other harmless projectile shooter to fire charged energy shots, specifically designed to take advantage of the high rate of fire, low weight, and cheap ammunition of airsoft markers. When cast it enchants the weapon for ten minutes to fire: Disolving acid, or fatiguing ethereal bolts (decided at time of charm creation); DR protects normally.
Code:
Greater create energy +6
Lesser control magic +5
Weight 300 lbs +3 (for effecting self)
Range self +0
(42)
Duration 10 minutes +1
Damage 3d+2 ^, ** +10

^1/2 damage for corrosion/fatigue effect
**triple damage
so final damage is x1.5, or 6d-1
total=25, greater effect = 75
Parts in question underlined and italicized for emphasis.

I'm not sure this is entirely legal - the Damage modifier in RPM specifically states it cannot be combined with Duration.

EDIT: As I saw a suggestion earlier, you might be able to get around this by adding on the damage effects via an Innate Attack with Altered Abilities. I'm not sure how it would be treated as a straight bonus to the damage (if enhancing velocity or mass) , or as a follow-up (such as giving it an incendiary/corrosive/toxic effect).

Additionally, you would have issues with how Follow-up treats modifiers like Increased Range and Rate of Fire.

Honestly, it just sounds like a really kludgey way to do what Imbuements already does. Adapting that to MH would probably be less of a headache.

Last edited by Adelus; 07-30-2011 at 02:21 PM.
Adelus is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
charms, monster hunters, ritual path magic, rpm