Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 09-20-2022, 10:18 AM   #861
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Default Re: Corco's Villa (IC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_matrix_walker View Post
Vassarious will assist however Halcyone suggests... If they want a menacing creature, a good cop, or what have you, they are following Halcyone's lead.
Halcyone discretely enters a shop, and Vassarious follows not far behind*. Their prisoner is encased in the foam.

*I need a specific form here... I'm assuming the genesis form for now.

Will Halcyone be using a light source?

He wakes up, tries to move, and looks around. "Where am I? What are you? This isn't ice! How dare you attack a knight of the grand order!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
I'll be trying to scare the living day lights out of him. To that end, I'll be nudging him awake with my cutlass (perhaps covered in blood from my wound) and will not be attempting to hide any of my inhuman (inorcish?) features.

"Tell me everything you know about the melder that you and your friends stole."
Lion resists for a bit, but Halcyone is pulling out her tentacles and twitching them as though they want to grab something. After he tries a little ice summoning, and finds the areas covered by the foam won't do it, starts asking why she thinks its him. Confident in her knowledge, she shares just enough to prove this is more than an idle guess.

He asks why she's interested, and starts negotiating... mostly he wants to possibly live, and if he dies, that he'll be killed some normal way like stabbing, and not being entombed in goop for a thousand years.

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2022, 11:31 AM   #862
TGLS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Halcyone discretely enters a shop, and Vassarious follows not far behind*. Their prisoner is encased in the foam.

*I need a specific form here... I'm assuming the genesis form for now.

Will Halcyone be using a light source?
Given that Lion doesn't need one, I don't need one (contacts), and (depending on form) V doesn't need one, I don't think we need one.

Quote:
He wakes up, tries to move, and looks around. "Where am I? What are you? This isn't ice! How dare you attack a knight of the grand order!"
"Here? This is a bakery I think. Sadly, no cakes. It's kind of rich coming from you, all this righteous indignation about the grand order, given that you broke their vow to guard the melders."
Quote:
He asks why she's interested, and starts negotiating... mostly he wants to possibly live, and if he dies, that he'll be killed some normal way like stabbing, and not being entombed in goop for a thousand years.
"On the seventeenth, at sunset, Tuguk will release a scourge of blood, death and servitude. Given your people's rudimentary understanding of magic, it's obvious the scourge is the melder you stole."

"Now, tell me what you know and the only thing you need to worry about is how to explain everything to your fellow Knights."
TGLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2022, 03:54 PM   #863
the_matrix_walker

Rather than take a humanoid form, Vassarious will remain in elemental guise, gently wafting about in some moments and violently thrashing in others, while echoing her words in whispy wind-speak to add emphasis, punctuation, and gravitas to Halycole's declaration of prophecy.

Quote:
Face Man As Complimentary Skill to Halcyone's Interrogation

3d6 <= 14
6 + 1 + 3 = 10 ... success
the_matrix_walker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2022, 09:23 AM   #864
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

"Its going to get away? How do you know that? What are you!?"

"Takik's butcher shop! its in Takik's butcher shop. It's two streets down from the lodge. There is a painting of three hooves and a set of horns on the sign! Its in the back, all frosted up and added to so its shaped differently. Gamoki is in the second largest block of ice there."

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
Old 09-21-2022, 10:24 AM   #865
TGLS

Quote:
"Its going to get away? How do you know that?"
"It has been foretold."
I'll neglect to mention that it was foretold this week.
Quote:
"What are you!?"
"An interdimensional traveller. Fixing problems as I come across them."

Quote:
"Takik's butcher shop! its in Takik's butcher shop. It's two streets down from the lodge. There is a painting of three hooves and a set of horns on the sign! Its in the back, all frosted up and added to so its shaped differently. Gamoki is in the second largest block of ice there."
Will it be faster to send V or a swarm?
Old 09-21-2022, 10:35 AM   #866
the_matrix_walker

"I'll verify the location and keep watch until you can direct a swarm there. "

We will see if this one wants to confess to his order, or if we will have to turn him in... Vassarious can bring him in for his confession in the form of the ice orc merchant they've met since they're on the lookout for Halcyone.

Vassarious heads to the location at their best speed.
Old 09-22-2022, 07:55 AM   #867
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Quote:
"It has been foretold."
I'll neglect to mention that it was foretold this week.

"An interdimensional traveller. Fixing problems as I come across them."
"Did you foretell it? how?"

Quote:
Will it be faster to send V or a swarm?
The air elemental.

Quote:
We will see if this one wants to confess to his order, or if we will have to turn him in... Vassarious can bring him in for his confession in the form of the ice orc merchant they've met since they're on the lookout for Halcyone.
"I will confess to my theft."

Quote:
Vassarious heads to the location at their best speed.
The air elemental finds the ice-house, full of slabs of meat and blocks of ice. The second largest block could contain the cube the melders are kept in, but its a different shape, even larger. Vassarious cannot see inside of the ice block.

Old 09-22-2022, 10:31 AM   #868
TGLS

Quote:
"Did you foretell it? how?"
"No, I didn't. They're vague, sometimes poetic, but very accurate."

Quote:
The air elemental finds the ice-house, full of slabs of meat and blocks of ice. The second largest block could contain the cube the melders are kept in, but its a different shape, even larger. Vassarious cannot see inside of the ice block.
Maybe V could turn into a fire elemental and get a better look at the inside of the block.
Old 09-22-2022, 11:00 AM   #869
the_matrix_walker

Vassarious will take the form of an Ice Orc as they have done before to see if he can sense the interior of the ice.

If the existing template doesn't have the needed advantage, Vassrious will improvise the form by adding Penetrating Vision (ice only), or improvise it as a stunt, whichever seems easier... (feel free to make any rolls or kick it back to me to do...)

And then will check in with Halcyone with their findings...

Quote:
Maybe V could turn into a fire elemental and get a better look at the inside of the block.
Oh, let's not melt all this stuff...
Old 09-23-2022, 08:29 AM   #870
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Quote:
Vassarious will take the form of an Ice Orc as they have done before to see if he can sense the interior of the ice.

If the existing template doesn't have the needed advantage, Vassrious will improvise the form by adding Penetrating Vision (ice only), or improvise it as a stunt, whichever seems easier... (feel free to make any rolls or kick it back to me to do...)

And then will check in with Halcyone with their findings...

So seeing through ice with penetrating vision isn't within the power set... But either clarifying the ice to be see through with control or detecting the shape that it is formed around is kosher, and those both seem close.

Choose:

Clarifying the ice uses the TK and Create on the template. It will cost 1 ER, and uses artist (ice forming), which defaults from a bunch of art and crafting skills. V has art!, and can roll directly against that.

OR:

Scanning Sense (Ice Sense) for 5 yards isn't worth more than [5]. It lets you sense the shape of anything encased in the ice, as well as the structure of the ice. The base abilities cost at least [25] (for a ST 10 engulfing binding). V can roll occult! at -2 and pay the 2 FP or ER a defaulted ability.