Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 08-14-2021, 12:51 AM   #861
Hide

Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
(...) (1) Inform our subverted officers (...) (2) Get more scalpels? (Do I have enough to arm all the escapees?)
(1) I could spread the rumor through the lunchtime-intel-hub, even tell Zybo and the other officers, but it could make things harder for you. Remember there are chances they can see you as fodder to cover themselves. I like your idea; we just need to time your operation so the situation forces the subverted to “interfere” in your favor.

(2) Are the guards armored? For scalpels to work as a reliable arm, you might need to strike for the vitals or chinks in armor; that also requires SOME skill with knives and perhaps grappling skills and a good deal of strength. On the other hand, you should leave a collection of improvised weapons for them at some location in the ship (e.g. in a storage room). Thinking of items potentially available to you… Flame extinguishers could do; you can move them about the ship, they deal heavier damage than a knife (albeit blunt), require less skill (any brawler may hit you with one), they can blind targets with their "jet of smoke" (which is hard to avoid) and work at range, the tool might be even useful to make smoke-screens. You could also bring plasma solder/cutter guns (if there are portable ones) and super-glue to break stuff without using much force.
Old 08-14-2021, 05:07 PM   #862
TGLS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hide View Post
Remember there are chances they can see you as fodder to cover themselves.
"I dunno; the drive chief seemed pretty compliant."

Quote:
we just need to time your operation so the situation forces the subverted to “interfere” in your favor.
"I figure if when we decide to enter endgame we can give them maybe an hour's notice. Do we know if the officers have established contact with each other?"

Quote:
(2) Are the guards armored? For scalpels to work as a reliable arm, you might need to strike for the vitals or chinks in armor; that also requires SOME skill with knives and perhaps grappling skills and a good deal of strength.
"Well, if we're not looking at entering endgame as soon, then giving them all knives and telling them to kill kill kill, it should sow enough chaos to disrupt security even more."
TGLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2021, 07:25 PM   #863
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
-> Get more scalpels? (Do I have enough to arm all the escapees?)
I'd say yes.

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2021, 08:20 PM   #864
TGLS

"So any conclusion on what we want to do about the prisoners? When should we meet next?"
Old 08-16-2021, 08:29 PM   #865
Hide

I can spread the rumors at the required time (will do during my next shift). It might not be as precise as “within an hour”, but it will set things in motion. I still believe you need a plan B (such as the fire extinguishers) or a decoy (e.g. making a fake weapons/drugs stash) with the idea that they won’t find you but we will make them think they did not end empty handed.
Old 08-16-2021, 09:48 PM   #866
TGLS

"I don't think the rumors are needed until we plan to enter endgame. Arming up the prisoners in the general armory would avoid the need for a plan B. Either way we want to go, I'll get to work preparing for it."
Old 08-16-2021, 10:05 PM   #867
Hide

Alright, so how much until our next meeting, T-48?
Old 08-18-2021, 08:06 AM   #868
TGLS

"Alright. Me and Day will be working on subverting security during my break shift and Day's work shift. You have anything planned, Pacifica? Maybe you could try getting the improvised weapons together."
Old 08-18-2021, 08:33 PM   #869
Hide

I will be working with the hub to spread the rumors and gather more information; this is what I have been working with, since mission’s start.

On the other hand, now that you elaborated over my suggestion of combining forces with Day, all you need is a contingency plan. I will be your back-up. So, let’s do this:

If you get injured, shout BEEKORNOR.
If you get caught, shout TOZITO.
And if it’s both, JEETU.

I will know what to do.

I think you should bring a change of clothes and a first-aid kit and leave it here before you start the operation, you may need it when it’s over. If the mission succeeds you don’t have to shout anything, we shall meet here as agreed.
Old 08-20-2021, 07:48 AM   #870
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Is that the end of the meeting?

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote