Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Board and Card Games > Ogre and G.E.V.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-05-2019, 06:25 AM   #1
Izzy_B

Default after action report: JIGG Tokyo Kanda May 5, 2019

A bit of a double report since due to the big block of Japanese holidays, the gaming group met today and last Sunday as well.

Last Sunday was one new player, V from Brazil. She took the Mk III side. I managed to take out missiles early on but my infantry couldn't hit the broad side of a barn. Took a long time to get treads down to M1 and by that time she only had AP guns but all I had was 1 Infantry and 1 GEV and she was just 2 hexes away from my CP.

Today was J from the US, a long term Japan resident. I took the Mk III and played an unusual defense with 2 MHWZ, 2 MSL and a bunch of light tanks and he set up everything behind the top gray line all bunched together with the CP in the NE corner. I came up the West forcing him to chase me then dodged east so most of his force couldn't keep up. This worked well. He did manage to take out my missiles and my primary with the MHWZs but never focused enough on treads. I had full movement and most of his force was left but he threw in the towel when I was obviously 2 turns from his CP.

J seems really into it, I showed him the blue maps and playmats and he agreed to try next time. He's also heard of The Fantasy Trip and has a gaming table at his place. Looks like I've found someone to enjoy some SJG with!
Izzy_B is offline   Reply With Quote