Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Transhuman Space

Old 06-11-2023, 02:33 PM   #1
Rowan

Default [GURPS] Transhuman Space- High Frontier - Hives

Does anyone know of a 4th ed conversion for the Hive subculture? I've read the 3e rules in the sidebar, but some of the rules are a bit murky for me to figure out how to convert that to 4e? (THS HF, pg. 88)
Old 06-13-2023, 07:31 PM   #2
TGLS

Default Re: [GURPS] Transhuman Space- High Frontier - Hives

OK, I'll take a crack at it. The short version looks like Mind Reading, Telecommunication, & Possession. Mind Reading is modified with Accessibility (Hive Members Only), Sensory (perhaps also further modified to be unusable while active?), Multiple Contacts, and Telecommunication. Telecommunication probably has a lot of range added. Possession is modified with Accessibility (Hive Members Only), Telecontrol, Telecommunication (which I am adapting from Mind Reading at the same price), and No Memory Access. Going with an Accessibility of -40% (i.e. works 1-6% of the time) (I would definitely be willing to go higher, especially if the only people you could use it on were Allies) this works out to:

Mind Reading (+10%) [33]
Possession (-20%) [80]

So 113 points + Whatever Telecommunication Costs (call that 10) + disadvantages from being a Hive member (I'd make the Chronic Depression and such as mitigated disadvantages at -60%).

Of course, you also add the Allies on top of this. Remember that Allies don't themselves have to pay for Allies, so their point value will be the basic package + whatever points they put in.

So let's take Alice as an example. Alice has the package of advantages [113], Telecommunication (Radio) [10], as well as Chronic Depression (Mitigated by Hive) [-6], Indecisive (Mitigated by Hive) [-4], Odious Personal Habits (Hive Lunatic) [-10], and Low Empathy [-20] (I don't think, "doesn't affect Allies ought to be worth anything, there's few of them and they're already easy to work with"). This has a net price of 83 points. Alice is built on 250 points. She has four allies, Bob, Claire, Dan, and Eve, available on a 15 or less. They have a similar package, and each is built on the following extra points:
Bob: 70 Points (total 153) (9 Point Ally)
Claire: 20 Points (total 103) (6 Point Ally)
Dan: 55 Points (total 138) (9 Point Ally)
Eve: 122 Points (total 205) (15 Point Ally)

This works out to 39 Points of allies, and thus Alice has about 128 Points remaining to play around with.

Last edited by TGLS; 06-13-2023 at 07:53 PM.
TGLS is online now   Reply With Quote