Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 03-23-2023, 02:35 AM   #21
ChaoticDM

Default Re: Gurps Damage question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred Brackin View Post
Transhuman Space is a special case. It's based off of 3rd ed game mechanics but isn't directly compatible. It is its' own thing. This is sort of what he "Powered by Gurps" logo means. It was fairly influential on some of the tech and space travel stuff for 4e.
I actually was curious about the “Powered by GURPS” books, I take that’s a short way of saying it’s a published homebrew campaign that follows most of the GURPS format, but changes things to better suit the gameplay?
ChaoticDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2023, 04:55 AM   #22
sir_pudding
Wielder of Smart Pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaoticDM View Post
I actually was curious about the “Powered by GURPS” books, I take that’s a short way of saying it’s a published homebrew campaign that follows most of the GURPS format, but changes things to better suit the gameplay?
"Published homebrew" is an oxymoron, so it's not that.

It just means it's published with a self-contained version of GURPS that only has what you need to play that setting. This usually means a Lite version that you might want to supplement with the full rules, but it also includes the DFRPG boxed set, which is a more substantial self-contained game system.
sir_pudding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2023, 08:33 AM   #23
Fred Brackin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaoticDM View Post
Not a homebrew. It was written by David Pulver who a few years later was one of the 4e authors and has done many other Gurps books.