Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > The Fantasy Trip

Old 08-09-2020, 11:19 AM   #1
larsdangly

Default 'The Rainy City'

I wanted to recommend to the TFT hive mind a recently released setting, 'The Rainy City':

https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product...the-Rainy-City

This is one of the most creative, fun and 'game-able' setting booklets I've run across in some time. I won't bother with the details; you can learn more than I'd type just by clicking the link. But definitely check it out!

The material is presented as setting-neutral, but the creator is on record as having developed it for TFT ('classic era'). Some of the tell-tale signs include octopuses that walk around the city streets in some seasons... In any event, some thought was given to its use as a semi-official TFT setting:

https://superheronecromancer.com/202...-fantasy-trip/

There used to also be a blog post from some years back where the stats and qualities of unusual races are given for TFT, but that's gone now (luckily I saved the page!).
larsdangly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2020, 01:43 PM   #2
TippetsTX

Default Re: 'The Rainy City'

You should check with author and see if they have any objections to sharing that extra material on the house-rules forum. I always enjoy seeing new races for TFT.

I just received my KS print copy this week as well, BTW.

Last edited by TippetsTX; 08-09-2020 at 05:29 PM.
TippetsTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2020, 03:32 PM   #3
Chris Rice

Default Re: 'The Rainy City'

I backed the KS. The city developed as part of the authors long running TFT campaign and I recall he did say that he would share his TFT stats at some future date. I doubt he'd do that here but it will hopefully happen somewhere.
Chris Rice is offline   Reply With Quote