Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Dungeon Fantasy Roleplaying Game

Old 05-14-2021, 10:07 AM   #11
DouglasCole
Doctor of GURPS Ballistics

Default Re: Delvers to Grow: Get to the table fast

I wanted to give a list of all the places we talk about the offerings here, so that backers can point people to their favorite ones. PLEASE...point people to your favorite ones!

Did I miss any? I'll add them!

Podcasts and Interviews
Forum Threads
Twitter and FB Threads
DouglasCole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2021, 06:27 AM   #12
Dalin

There’s a good opportunity to discuss both DtG and DFRPG on the EN World thread. There are lots of non-GURPS eyes over there, many of whom are open to trying new games. Most recently in the thread someone has been asking how to scale encounters for lower point value delvers.
Dalin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2021, 10:24 AM   #13
DouglasCole

I have received a few comments about the "four books" method for Delvers to Grow.

While they are still the primary way I shall be delivering the physical content, I have dug into the details and determined I can make a Delvers to Grow Omnibus as a single book to be offered as an add-on.

It shall start as:
  • The four DtG books packaged into one volume
  • The covers for the three character books will likely see use as full-page spacer art or some other layout; I'm going to do a bit more than just 'staple the books together,' but not a ton
  • It will begin life as an 8x10 softcover book, perfect bound, at around 84-88 pages (48 pages of the examples, plus 36 or 40 pages of "Build-a-Bjorn."
  • Pagination will preserve references to the books in the manner of the Dungeon Fantasy Companion book.

If things go nuts and we wind up with something like 400 or more orders for the combined book (unlikely but who knows!) and it requires an offset print run rather than the softcover treatment at Mixam, I will upgrade it to hardcover at no extra charge.

The Omnibus will not include Crypt of Krysuvik; that adventure is best suited as a separate volume, especially since maps shall appear on the inside cover.

The add-on price of the Omnibus is $30 and it will be available to anyone with a pledge of $35 or more. It's a special add-on, not a stretch goal.
Old 05-15-2021, 10:03 PM   #14
LokRobster

The omnibus is a cool idea, thanks for offering it!
Old 05-16-2021, 07:27 AM   #15
woefulhc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not View Post
I'm bad at reading. When do we expect delivery of physical material, should the campaign succeed?
The campaign is currently at 93% funded. Given that there are 9.5 days left of
an 18 day campaign, I would be shocked if it didn't fund. This is Doug's 11th kickstarter. All the previous ones have funded. The first nine completed delivery and the 10th is almost complete. That 10th one had some non-book deliverables; those are much harder to produce, test and ship than books.

Given all of that, I'd say supporting this is a pretty solid bet.
woefulhc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2021, 02:41 PM   #16
Dalin

A solid bet, indeed! Fully funded as I write this.

Now we just need to blow up the backer count. It's such a sweet deal already... but if we hit the stretch goals, this thing will be a real tsunami of DFRPG goodies. Character building book for low-point fast characters? Check. Sample characters? Check. "Low-level" adventure? Check! MORE sample characters, including those casters with pesky spell lists, CHECK!

Everyone should pledge. And get their spouses, in-laws, and pets to pledge too.

So say we all.
Dalin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2021, 05:35 PM   #17
Not

I'm sold. Pets are still on the fence.
Old 05-18-2021, 11:02 AM   #18
b-dog

I’ll back this if you make an adventure that would fit into this GURPS book; GURPS Hot Spots: Sriwijaya.
b-dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2021, 01:33 PM   #19
Harald387

Quote:
Originally Posted by b-dog View Post
I’ll back this if you make an adventure that would fit into this GURPS book; GURPS Hot Spots: Sriwijaya.
Hot Spots: Sriwijaya is a GURPS product, not DFRPG; GB's license covers "DFRPG in Nordlond", not "GURPS in a real-world setting". There's one adventure included with the kickstarter already (and it's a good one!); adding another this close to the campaign's end date, especially given the time needed for writing, layout, art, etc seems... unlikely.
GP: How can that be?
M2: I don't know man, I didn't do it.
Harald387 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2021, 01:38 PM   #20
DouglasCole

If you read only a SINGLE post for Delvers to Grow, read this one.

This goes through a complete worked example of making an eldhuð ("I'm totally not a tiefling!") swashbuckler in six quick steps using Delvers to Grow for the Dungeon Fantasy RPG.

This is the best quick-start recruiting tool for Powered by GURPS published to date. One of my patrons went to his Favorite Local Game store yesterday with an advanced copy. Ran a *pick-up game* using the Boxed Set for one total newcomer to RPGs, two D&D players, and someone from his regular group. All had characters quickly, and the game store employees asked him to come back and run a Dungeon Fantasy RPG game in the store *every week.*

Delvers to Grow Worked Example

Last edited by DouglasCole; 05-18-2021 at 02:04 PM.