Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > In Nomine

Old 12-10-2009, 09:53 PM   #1
rudeboyscott

Default Anyone PbPing?

Hey all-

I'm jonesin' bad for an IN game, but I have to admit I don't have the energy to run one right now. Anyone else out there lookin' to play?
rudeboyscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 10:00 PM   #2
ISNorden

Default Re: Anyone PbPing?

If you don't mind play-by-IM, I'm running a bright/angel-friendly campaign with a few changes to canon. Would that be OK?
Old 12-11-2009, 12:51 AM   #3
Dalillama

I beleive that the Mile Higher Club game in the Pbp forum is also accepting new players now, but check in the OOC thread.
Dalillama is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 02:19 AM   #4
tHEhERETIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudeboyscott View Post
Hey all-

I'm jonesin' bad for an IN game, but I have to admit I don't have the energy to run one right now. Anyone else out there lookin' to play?
Well hello!

We're finishing up a plot arc right now, so you wouldn't be able to jump in for IRL another week or two. Still interested?
Old 12-11-2009, 05:39 PM   #5
Acolyte

I've actually been considering opening a pbp of my own, centered around any number of themes I'm interested in. I was really excited about the Eli game...but significantly less so now that it's halted after just starting.

Tell me in any of the following really interest you guys:

Israfel, Archangel of Music? (angels)

Music is obviously important, both in Heaven and on Earth, but is it important enough to be an Archangelic Word? Israfel thinks so, but not everyone agrees. The PCs would participate in missions and politicking designed to sway the Seraphim Council into granting Israfel the highest title of Heaven, or to advance the strength of the Word of Music in the Symphony. But it's possible that the ancient and hidden Grigori Outcast Archangel of Song isn't so happy about this threat to his Word...

IN Noir (demons, possibly Outcasts/others)

On the dirty streets of Hades and Shal-Mari, and spilling out onto the metropolises of Earth, ordinary demons do their best to try to making a living in a topsy-turvy world. Private detectives and gin-joint owners have to choose between letting the blue boys of the Game have their way or helping the dangerously beautiful but tragically imperiled Free Lilim. Expect much drinking of classic cocktails and much smoking of smuggled Cuban cigars while facing off against Valefor's mobsters, Nybbas' newsies, and Malphas' police informants.

Rock and Roll Is Soul Pollution (demons)

Furfur's the new Prince in Shal-Mari, but if he doesn't hurry and get some Servitors, some allies, and some Tethers he'll become just another flash-in-the-pan has-been. He'll unleash his followers--a ragtag bunch of former Renegades and escapees from other Princes (some of whom are no doubt spies)--onto Earth to Raise Cain in his name. But the former Rebel's Rebel is going to need some results fast, and isn't liable to tolerate failure. Will the glam rock thrashfest you arrange, with its multiple-fatality mosh pit, be enough to open a gateway to Hell, or will you need to up the ante with a few pyrotechnics accidents and some lethal overdoses to show your new Boss you've got what it takes to serve Hardcore?

Conflagration in Paradise (either! both!)
The small African nation of Zunai is a popular tourist getaway for affluent Westerners, and their tourist dollars are propping up a corrupt dictatorship run by an ethnic minority. The high-profile death of a famous UN peacekeeper (a known Soldier of God) and the subsequent execution of a charismatic rebel leader (a known Soldier of Hell) has ensured that the nation is a state of simmering protorevolt AND flooded with far more than the usual number of celestials. When the revolution begins, expect angels and demons to be helping and hindering the various sides as the Westerners evacuate, the civilians take up arms, and the government starts its crackdown. Regardless of whichever side comes out on top, everyone's going to lose, but that won't stop these humans and celestials from duking it out over a small patch of nothing.
Old 12-11-2009, 10:03 PM   #6
rudeboyscott

@ISNorden: How often do you play? I just switched from midnights to days at work and could probably get a couple of hours in one night a week. I also recall running a Malakite of Flowers ("Cozy") by you a while back.

@Heretic: Heh...I actually started in the MHC way back when, but couldn't really get into the character I'd created (though I admit I don't remember the PC or why I thought it was a good concept during creation but not in actual play).

@Acolyte: I'd be most interested in the Noir setting, but have never played a Demon, and sp obviously never a Hell-centered campaign. Next would be the Zunai setting, as I'm not a huge fan of Furfur, and would prefer a game involving a mix os different Superiors (the others sound like they're geared toward one).

So I'm down for about anything, but I must warn any potential GM that due to work & child-care issues, my posting can be a bit spotty at times.
Old 12-12-2009, 06:04 AM   #7
tHEhERETIC

Quote:
@Heretic: Heh...I actually started in the MHC way back when, but couldn't really get into the character I'd created (though I admit I don't remember the PC or why I thought it was a good concept during creation but not in actual play).
I remember Dr. Aaron Reliford (sp?) which is amazing because I'm half awake typing this. Elohim are trickier than they look I guess, but I don't know quite what you were aiming for.

Pshaw, of course I remember you.
Old 12-12-2009, 10:48 AM   #8
Attercap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acolyte View Post
Rock and Roll Is Soul Pollution (demons)
Furfur's the new Prince in Shal-Mari, but if he doesn't hurry and get some Servitors, some allies, and some Tethers he'll become just another flash-in-the-pan has-been. He'll unleash his followers--a ragtag bunch of former Renegades and escapees from other Princes (some of whom are no doubt spies)--onto Earth to Raise Cain in his name. But the former Rebel's Rebel is going to need some results fast, and isn't liable to tolerate failure. Will the glam rock thrashfest you arrange, with its multiple-fatality mosh pit, be enough to open a gateway to Hell, or will you need to up the ante with a few pyrotechnics accidents and some lethal overdoses to show your new Boss you've got what it takes to serve Hardcore?
I would totally be interested in this game, though I've never done PbP before.
Old 12-12-2009, 03:28 PM   #9
Acolyte

Quote:
@Acolyte: I'd be most interested in the Noir setting, but have never played a Demon, and sp obviously never a Hell-centered campaign. Next would be the Zunai setting, as I'm not a huge fan of Furfur, and would prefer a game involving a mix os different Superiors (the others sound like they're geared toward one).
Well, for more on the Noir setting, see this thread. I'm not sure I'm actually willing to tackle such a radically different setting...unless there's a lot of interest.

As for the others being one-Superior games...that's not strictly true. The Furfur one would have almost all the PCs serving Furfur (or Nybbas, his ally), but virtually all of them would have come from other Superiors (possibly with attunements, and of course with a varied history). Additionally, Furfur has a very comfy relationship with Lilith, and so any demon could find himself traded to Lilith's service for awhile and then traded from her to Furfur.

As for the Israfel one, she doesn't have any Servitors of her own, but the PCs would be notable angels she's contacted and agreed to bring into her organization if she makes it to Archangel status. Probable Superiors involve Eli, Novalis, Khalid, Jean, Marc, etc, but anyone is potentially possible.

Quote:
I would totally be interested in this game, though I've never done PbP before.
I'm glad. If there's enough interest, I just might run one of these.
Old 12-12-2009, 09:27 PM   #10
rudeboyscott

Ah, Heretic, that's right. Aaron Reloford, the Dr. Phil-ish Elohite. I couldn't get a handle on the right way to play him afetr character creation. Cool game, though.

Acolyte, I am a Noir freak. I prefer the 1930's earth version, but I'd be willing to try an all Hell campaign.

Tags
net play