Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Dungeon Fantasy Roleplaying Game

Old 06-05-2021, 11:34 PM   #1
tbone

Default Spreadsheets, etc. listing DFRPG spells?

Hi all. There are a couple of things I'd be interested in having or making for personal use, but which I suspect someone has already made available. (No luck yet in finding these on fan sites, or noted in the DFRPG Resources sub-forum.)

1) List of spells
The same sort of master list found in Spells itself, but in text file or spreadsheet form.

2) List of wizardly spells available by Magery level
A cleric or druid player can look at Spells and say "okay, with my PI 2, these are the spells I can choose." Wizards can't do that. Prerequisite chains make selection more complicated, of course, but it'd still be useful to have a handy list telling wizards (and elves/half-elves) what's (potentially) available at each level of Magery. Is there already a list floating around out there?

Thanks -

Twitter: @Gamesdiner | RSS: here ⬅︎ Updated RSS link | This forum: Site updates thread (occasionally updated)

(Latest goods on site: GLAIVE Mini levels up to v2.4. Update to melee weapon design tool, with more example weapons and commentary.)
tbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2021, 11:46 PM   #2
DaosusLeghki

Default Re: Spreadsheets, etc. listing DFRPG spells?

I wouldn't feel comfortable posting such a spreadsheet online, but you can make your own with a copy-paste and a few minutes of editing.
DaosusLeghki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2021, 01:26 AM   #3
tbone

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaosusLeghki View Post
I wouldn't feel comfortable posting such a spreadsheet online, but you can make your own with a copy-paste and a few minutes of editing.
Unfortunately, copy-paste from PDF tables often results in a mess, and experimentation suggests that the table in Spells is no exception. Oh well!

Twitter: @Gamesdiner | RSS: here ⬅︎ Updated RSS link | This forum: Site updates thread (occasionally updated)

(Latest goods on site: GLAIVE Mini levels up to v2.4. Update to melee weapon design tool, with more example weapons and commentary.)
Old 06-06-2021, 04:39 AM   #4
Celjabba

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbone View Post
Unfortunately, copy-paste from PDF tables often results in a mess, and experimentation suggests that the table in Spells is no exception. Oh well!
It is not fast but I had good result with :

Selection by column (using alt) in the PDF
copy/paste in a text file to delete the unwanted line feed
copy/paste to excel

repeat for each column / each page

then split of the prerequisites column on • and a bit of sorting

Last edited by Celjabba; 06-06-2021 at 06:34 AM.
Celjabba is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2021, 04:01 AM   #5
tbone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celjabba View Post
Selection by column (using alt) in the PDF
copy/paste in a text file to delete the unwanted line feed
copy/paste to excel
I had been trying that sort of column-by-column work, but still without good results.

Reading your message, though, I decided to give it another try, experimenting with different combinations of software. I hit upon a combo that works well enough. There's still some cleanup required, but I think I'll have my spreadsheet without too much trouble. Thanks!