Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-13-2021, 12:03 AM   #961
ajardoor
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Default Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! OOC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hide View Post
Bain takes position about 5 yards from the monsters, taking partial cover. He is camouflaged and under stealth. As soon as Gathika casts her spell, he delivers two shots with a DWA, going for the vitals of the monsters.
Bain ends his surprise attack drawing another arrow.
Both monsters may require an HT roll at -5 for a major wound to the vitals (they got 7 and 8).
You want to draw another after the attack, you have to roll Fast-Draw skill. Failure means you do not, and need to try it next turn.
You rolled a 10.

As for the monsters, the injuries (7-2 x3 8-2 x3) are major wounds to the vitals, yes.
They roll 8 and 12 - both failures, one is completely out of it.
__________________
My blog: http://tabletoprpg333.home.blog
ajardoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2021, 10:08 AM   #962
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! OOC

Telrith and slateman form up as part of the line. Bushy stands behind Gathica, watching the rear.

Telrith and slateman each evaluate a zombie, looking for the best way to hit.

What sort of weapons do they have? Mostly asking for the damage and damage type, which matters a lot for slateman's tactics.
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2021, 07:17 PM   #963
Hide
 
Hide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Default Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! OOC

For the next round, assuming a distance of two yards between the monsters and Bain (waiting for the creatures to approach the defensive line, if they have not moved). He will deliver a DWA attack, going for the vitals and a headshot.

Attack 1:
Shooting 15 (DWA, acc, vitals: 15, 3, -3,), successful.
Hide: 3D6 → 15(6 +4 +5)

Damage:
2d6+4 * 3 IMP
Hide: 2D6 → 7(3 +4)
Injury: Up to 33 HP of damage.

Attack 2:
Fast-Draw (14) and Ready (9) successful.
Shooting 10 (DWA, acc, skull, quick-shooting: 15, 3, -7, -1), successful.
Hide: 3D6 → 10(2 +2 +6)

Damage:
2d6+4 * 4 IMP
Hide: 2D6 → 2(1 +1)
Injury: Up to 20 HP of damage.

Given the hit locations, one HT roll is at -5 and the other is at -10.
__________________
- 画龍点睛。Hide。
Hide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2021, 11:55 PM   #964
vicious Violence
 
vicious Violence's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2021
Location: in your heart
Default Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! OOC

Vic attacks the zombie that is one hex away, targeting vitals (sl 16+ 1(evaluate) -3 (vitals) =14/rolled 10) SUCCESS.
The enemy rolls 14 for defense. Total Damage 24 (1d+5, rolled 3, vitals*3).
HT roll at -5 (major wound on vitals), the monster rolled a 10)
vicious Violence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2021, 04:38 AM   #965
ajardoor
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Default Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! OOC

Vic dealt a brutal blow, and knocked down and stunned the zombie.
Bain's arrows KO'd both targets!
__________________
My blog: http://tabletoprpg333.home.blog

Last edited by ajardoor; 09-14-2021 at 04:43 AM.
ajardoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2021, 04:46 AM   #966
ajardoor
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Default Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! OOC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Telrith and slateman form up as part of the line. Bushy stands behind Gathica, watching the rear.

Telrith and slateman each evaluate a zombie, looking for the best way to hit.

What sort of weapons do they have? Mostly asking for the damage and damage type, which matters a lot for slateman's tactics.
Two have axes, two have maces, the rest have swords.

Gathika?
__________________
My blog: http://tabletoprpg333.home.blog
ajardoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2021, 10:02 PM   #967
Hide
 
Hide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Default Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! OOC

Bain makes a DWA and delivers half the volley; an arrow will be ready for the next turn. He is attacking just as before, going for a zombie at 2 yards from him (taking a wait if necessary).

Fast-Draw (9) & Ready (14), successful.
Bow 10 (DWA, acc, quick-shooting, skull: 15+3-1-7), successful.
Hide: 3D6 → 7(1 +4 +2)

Damage: 2d+4 * 4 IMP
Hide: 2D6 → 2(1 +1)
Injury: 20 HP, knockdown rolls at -10.

DWA stopped with the ready at 14 (16).
__________________
- 画龍点睛。Hide。
Hide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2021, 11:44 PM   #968
vicious Violence
 
vicious Violence's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2021
Location: in your heart
Default Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! OOC

Vic will wait for three of the zombies to be at 2 yards from him to attack him using his sword, with RAPID STRIKE with ALL OUT ATTACK DOUBLE. The first attack is successful (sl 16-3 rapid strike -3 vitals 13/rolled 9), the second attack is a CRITICAL success (rolled 4). The third attack is also successful (16-3 rapid strike)/ rolled 12

Effect from the critical roll table of: 10 (normal damage)

Enemy defenses are 11 and 9

Damage for attack 1 (11)
rolled 6, 1d+5 *imp= up to 33
Damage for attack 2 (6)
rolled 1, 1d+5* imp=up to 18
Damage for attack 3 (11)
rolled 6 1d+5=11- 2 dr *imp= 18 damage

HT -5 for enemy 1 (rolled 11)

HT-5 for enemy 2 (rolled 12)

HT for enemy 3 (rolled 11)
vicious Violence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2021, 12:23 AM   #969
ajardoor
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Default Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! OOC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hide View Post
Bain makes a DWA and delivers half the volley; an arrow will be ready for the next turn. He is attacking just as before, going for a zombie at 2 yards from him (taking a wait if necessary).

Fast-Draw (9) & Ready (14), successful.
Bow 10 (DWA, acc, quick-shooting, skull: 15+3-1-7), successful.
Hide: 3D6 → 7(1 +4 +2)

Damage: 2d+4 * 4 IMP
Hide: 2D6 → 2(1 +1)
Injury: 20 HP, knockdown rolls at -10.

DWA stopped with the ready at 14 (16).
Good news, you KO'd the zombie you headshot.
Bad news, you do not manage to ready an arrow for the next turn - you needed to make it to the Fast Draw roll for that.
Worst news, some sneaky enemies interrupt to shoot at you and Gathika, see the IC thread...
__________________
My blog: http://tabletoprpg333.home.blog
ajardoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2021, 12:56 AM   #970
Hide
 
Hide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Default Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! OOC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajardoor View Post
Good news, you KO'd the zombie you headshot.
Bad news, you do not manage to ready an arrow for the next turn - you needed to make it to the Fast Draw roll for that (...)
Great!

The fast-draw was successful, it was a 14 (6):
Hide: 3D6 → 6(1 +3 +2)

Then the "fast" ready was 14 (16):
Hide: 3D6 → 16(5 +6 +5)

I just wanted to summarize it, as it is implied that a fast-draw roll precedes the ready roll; hence the arrow will be ready for the next turn!

Regarding the IC, Bain is camouflaged and under cover.
They must roll to find about Bain, and Bain must also roll to notice the enemy.
Not to mention he is the furthest from both sides.
__________________
- 画龍点睛。Hide。
Hide is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
dfrpg, dungeon fantasy, fantasy, magic, martial arts

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Fnords are Off
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:23 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.