Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Traveller

Old 07-06-2011, 02:50 AM   #1
Toltrin

Default How about an online choose your own adventure on a different website?

Message removed due to spam apparently.

Last edited by Toltrin; 07-17-2011 at 03:27 AM.
Toltrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 04:35 PM   #2
domingojs23

Default Re: How about an online choose your own adventure on a different website?

Sounds great ! For me, solo gaming options are the only viable ones I have ! I've been trying to champion this CYO format in other Traveller / Sci-Fi RPG fora, but with not much success. My preference would be to have such adventures in a system neutral format, and in the original OTU setting (or more specifically the Third Imperium never fell). If system specific, I'd prefer Mongoose and/or CT, followed by Gurps. Another setting which I'd love to explore is the upcoming Prime Directive - Mongoose Traveller edition.

Are you planning to draw up a long-ish campaign, or perhaps a number of short one-shot adventures ? Either way this would be great.

It's been quite difficult finding a regular live playing group, and hard to keep up with Pbem campaigns. So, I would be very attracted by the notion of a collaboration of solo gamers, working on CYO adventures and posting them on this envisioned site, and enjoying the games others contribute.

Thanks !

Gary

Last edited by domingojs23; 08-02-2011 at 04:45 PM.
domingojs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 04:58 PM   #3
Toltrin

Default Re: How about an online choose your own adventure on a different website?

I didn't know you were the Gary that emails me! I could rummage up a random adventure with my flowchart and random adventure skills needed chart.
In the email I gave you an example, did you like it?
Toltrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 02:35 PM   #4
domingojs23

Hey Dave !

I've been following your posts in your Blog, but I don't think I got the specific example by email, please re-send it !

Thanks !

Gary
domingojs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 04:22 PM   #5
jason taylor

Something like this could be whipped up using the features from the Traveller Universe:

http://www.box10.com/taipain-3000.html

Now I don't know if Taipan is public domain yet. Even so it is a simple program that only requires a few planets, a few commodities a random generator for prices and however many extras you want and something similar could be built. It would work fine in a Traveller setting. It would be more a casual game then a serious one but it would be rather fun.