Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Other Munchkin Games

Old 07-23-2011, 09:41 PM   #1
revshafer

Default Playing in the library

Well, the Junior Officers in the Wardroom decided to take some time from playing Munchkin and decided to try Munchkin Quest. One of them had already read the rules online (Thanks SJGames for pdfs), and the rest of us were just ready to start playing! It didn't take long to sort out the bits, and after everyone gathered we started in short order.

We did forget some rules, the drawing the DXM card for exploring a new room was the most notable. The game looked great, and people kept coming by to check things out. The hubbub was generally kept down, except for the Chaplain (myself) screaming because he kept drawing every giant monster in the deck. That's what I get for owning the game!

Overall, its more than likely we'll just go back to regular Munchkin. Quest plays too long. By the time we got to the end game people were just ready to throw in the towel and finish the game. We may try again, and have people being eligible to go for the win at level 8.

It was fun. Munchkin is still being played on the USS BLUE RIDGE. But, people really do prefer the card game. I did enjoy bringing out that honking big box!
revshafer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 10:34 AM   #2
dunrandomly

Default Re: Playing in the library

LOL. I almost never win any game I play. I always stall at the beggining or get cursed to oblivion or whatever. Still lots of fun.

I spent 5 years on the USS Abraham Lincoln, and I'm mostly surprised you had tables big enough to play Munchkin Quest at all. I'm almost jealous.

In the end though, Thank you for your service.
dunrandomly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 10:47 AM   #3
MunchkinMan

I will note that as familiarity with the game increases, it speeds up significantly. You might find, after a few plays, that you go from an hour per player to 30 minutes per player, and for a four player game, 2 hours isn't too bad.
MiB #1029
MunchkinMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 11:31 AM   #4
cree128

The rules were long, but it was worth it. Actually I played Munchkin Quest before I played Munchkin