Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Other Munchkin Games

Old 07-07-2011, 01:24 AM   #1
Anmael

Default Wandering Monster Question...

So, this is my first post after my first game of Munchkin Quest (I have played a lot of Munchkin). I and my 2 friends got into a bit of an argument about how to proceed when I returned to the dungeon entrance at level 10 to confront the boss. To set the scene, The card that was drawn and then became level 20 was "Snails on speed", then 2 wandering monsters were played on me. They were a tentacled demon that I converted to a potted plant and a plushy skull. Then came the modifiers, but the argument was about the base colors. Two of them were on blue bases and I had the Sapphire bane ring. When all is said and done, the 3 monsters should have 3 dice to roll against me, but how many should I roll against them? Do I roll 1 die since they are working together plus 2 for the Sapphire Bane ring for total of 3? Do I roll 1 die for each monster plus 1 extra for each blue base, for a total of 5? Please clarify.
Anmael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 03:51 AM   #2
Beloved

Default Re: Wandering Monster Question...

The Sapphire Bane Ring card says:

"You roll an extra die against each Blue monster, or two extra dice against each Blue monster that is Fearsome."

Meaning you get your regular die roll for the combat in general and an extra die for each blue-based monster. Which sums up to 3 dice in this case.
Beloved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 08:11 AM   #3
MunchkinMan

Normally, you get 1 die, no matter how many Monsters there are. You would roll 3 dice in this case.
MiB #1029
MunchkinMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 03:18 PM   #4
Anmael

Thank You. Crisis Averted.
Anmael is offline   Reply With Quote