Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Other Munchkin Games

Old 07-21-2010, 06:21 PM   #1
Munchykin

Default Teleportation Scroll

If you're in combat with a helper, and you're winning the combat, can you legally use this to remove yourself from the combat if it counts as running away? It's fuzzy in my head since I thought you couldn't run away if you're winning the combat. Unless there's a difference between choosing to run away and forcing yourself to magically run away? Maybe I'm just too tired to be posting and I should stop typing right about now...
Munchykin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 06:40 PM   #2
Thomas

Default Re: Teleportation Scroll

Both the Teleportation Potion and the Blink Potion indicate explicitly that they can be "used during combat". Whether combat ends because of this depends entirely on the circumstances and other rules (so you must look at the other rule in question). Neither card indicates that use during combat ends combat. For example, it is quite certain that it would not end combat if the Helper uses either during combat.

Keep in mind that this use "during combat" is explicitly distinct from the Run Away after a combat loss. As the cards indicate, the latter costs you a hit, but the former does not.
Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 06:46 PM   #3
Thomas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munchykin View Post
If you're in combat with a helper, and you're winning the combat, can you legally use this to remove yourself from the combat ...
Any munchkin can use either of these during any combat at any time they choose to. Whether you presently seem to be stronger than the monster(s) or not is completely irrelevant to whether you can use the potions.

p.s. The section explaining the meaning of "Any Time" (p. 18) even explicitly uses the example of the Blink Potion. The same is true for the Teleportation Potion.

Last edited by Thomas; 07-21-2010 at 08:40 PM. Reason: added p.s.
Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 08:11 AM   #4
stopyelling

Yes but can you still use the Scroll to teleport to any part of the room or just use it to successfully Run Away?
stopyelling is offline   Reply With Quote