Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-11-2009, 03:48 PM   #11
Stone Dog

Default Re: [DF] Bardic power modifier - Singing or Playing? / Usefulness of Druids

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lupo
In DF3, Barbarians have also DR (Tough Skin, -40%), not limited to crushing. They can take either or both.
Why doesn't it list the different point costs then? The only available point cost there is "[1 or 2]" not "[1 or 2] or [3 or 6]." Is that errata that I've missed somewhere? The way I'm looking at it is that Barbarians can buy a little DR for one or two points. That means -80%.

Quote:
Tough skin is widely considered a free limitation in the "GURPS community", so to speak.
The GURPS community needs to get their characters poisoned more often then. Or electrified. Or any other attack that requires a scratch or skin contact. There are a lot of those options.

Quote:
In a DF game, DR (Tough Skin) is unarguably far more effective than DR (Limited: Elemental), and is cheaper, too.
Screw that. I'll take DR versus fire, rocks, sand storms, obsidian knives, water jets, icicle stabbings, all of the elemental damage spells and anything else that "if you can explain this as one of the four classic elements, you get your DR against it"

Hell, concussion blasts and electricity attacks are in the Air college. To me that means that they get the DR vs explosions and shock attacks too. Same thing for the Water college and acid spells. I wouldn't give that to mere "tough skin." Especially not acid.

Granted, it doesn't work against plant matter or animal attacks and some forms of exotic energy, I'm sure. But I'd let it work against metal too.

Make people EARN that extra -20% for Tough Skin. In my games Tough Skin will help you in the majority of fights, but that is it.
Stone Dog is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bard, bard song