Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Board and Card Games > Card Games

Old 02-05-2012, 06:50 PM   #1
thedag

Default SPANC - rules query

Hi
Just wanting to find out what the rule should be. Normally to beat a challenge you need to roll your skill level or less. There is a section on how modifiers can affect what you need to roll. In a new paragraph it says a roll of 2 always wins and a roll of 12 always fails. one player had a total of 13. Question is does a 12 still automatically fail reasoning being
  • it is stated in a new paragraph then it stays true regardless of modifiers which makes sense gramatically and
    • it means on every roll you always have a chance of winning or losing
Player B said that the modifiers should count and since it is impossible to roll higher than 13 on two D6 then it is an automatic win which also makes sense.

Any thoughts?

Edit to add: Is it intentional or just an error that there is two tokens with lute on them while the rest are spelt loot

Last edited by thedag; 02-05-2012 at 08:18 PM.
thedag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 04:10 AM   #2
morleydotes
Moderator Emeritus

Default Re: SPANC - rules query

12 always fails. It's an auto fail roll.

Pat
morleydotes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 02:57 PM   #3
mib1325

If you look at the pictures on the loot tokens, the two with Lute on them show a picture of... A LUTE! this was a very intentional play on words. Actually, one of my favorite examples of the humor of the guys at SJGames. And something I am sure to point out every time I run this game at a convention. (usually to more than one "UGH" or "OH that's horrible").
mib1325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 03:12 AM   #4
thedag

Quote:
Originally Posted by mib1325 View Post
If you look at the pictures on the loot tokens, the two with Lute on them show a picture of... A LUTE! this was a very intentional play on words. Actually, one of my favorite examples of the humor of the guys at SJGames. And something I am sure to point out every time I run this game at a convention. (usually to more than one "UGH" or "OH that's horrible").
I reckoned that was the case but it is nice to know for sure
thedag is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
skill level, spanc