Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 06-07-2022, 10:30 AM   #1441
TGLS

Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
While Hua is still aiming, the officer slumps to the ground, felled by the previous trauma to his neck.

Captain: "from the Captain!"
If the Captain's unarmoured, I'll quickly turn and fire away at the captain (10 shots). If he's armored I'll aim then fire at the neck.

Quote:
[1024] 22-06-07 18:24:56 CEST
Beam Weapons + 2
-3d6 +17
- 1 - 1 - 3 + 17 = 12
Wow, that might be a crit depending on distance. Looks like all shots hit, unless he's further than 5 yards.
Quote:
[1025] 22-06-07 18:28:04 CEST
Damage

3d6
1: 4 + 5 + 2 = 11
2: 6 + 6 + 3 = 15
3: 2 + 3 + 5 = 10
4: 1 + 6 + 3 = 10
5: 2 + 5 + 6 = 13
6: 4 + 1 + 6 = 11
7: 2 + 4 + 4 = 10
8: 4 + 2 + 6 = 12
9: 4 + 4 + 5 = 13
10: 3 + 6 + 2 = 11

sum: 116, average: 11.60
Ok, the captains been reduced to a fine mist. I'll go check the communicator to see if it's actually functional.
TGLS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2022, 09:12 AM   #1442
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Pacifica is waiting for reinforcements (maybe two minutes remaining) when the comm squeezes out a message from what looks to be the captain's quarters..

"Sself Destru..."

There is no more to the message

Quote:
Originally Posted by GnomesofZurich View Post
Daymar will do a quick pass on the nine severely wounded prisoners, before moving onto the next group of prisoners.
Daymar thinks it worked.

Daymar is heading to the command center on deck 9 when the comm speakers for the ship squeak out the words:

"Sself Destru..."

And then cuts off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
If the Captain's unarmoured, I'll quickly turn and fire away at the captain (10 shots). If he's armored I'll aim then fire at the neck.

Wow, that might be a crit depending on distance. Looks like all shots hit, unless he's further than 5 yards.

Ok, the captains been reduced to a fine mist. I'll go check the communicator to see if it's actually functional.
He's three yards away, and wearing armor. He gets out a little more:

"Self Destruct."

And then takes a full second of laser fire to the neck. He is very dead.

Hua checks on the comm. (secret roll vs. soldier-2). Its in one piece, but it doesn't seem to give anyfeedback. She figures the comm is ruined, but only just... it could be repaired quickly.

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2022, 09:53 AM   #1443
TGLS

Quote:
Hua checks on the comm. (secret roll vs. soldier-2). Its in one piece, but it doesn't seem to give anyfeedback. She figures the comm is ruined, but only just... it could be repaired quickly.
So how long and difficult would it be to rig the comm to explode (perhaps with one of the lasers) if someone tried to use it?
Old 06-08-2022, 02:26 PM   #1444
GnomesofZurich

Quote:
Daymar thinks it worked.

Daymar is heading to the command center on deck 9 when the comm speakers for the ship squeak out the words:

"Sself Destru..."

And then cuts off.
Daymar thinks to himself, "Well, that doesn't sound good..." He is going to make a Spacer role to try to get a sense of what the response is likely to be to that partial message.

[1027] 22-06-08 22:37:00 CEST

Spacer

3d6 <= 16
2 + 6 + 2 = 10 ... success

Last edited by GnomesofZurich; 06-08-2022 at 02:37 PM.
GnomesofZurich is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2022, 07:41 AM   #1445
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Quote:
So how long and difficult would it be to rig the comm to explode (perhaps with one of the lasers) if someone tried to use it?
enabling a power cell to explode requires either an explosives or armoury (small arms) roll and takes a base of 30 seconds.

rigging that explosion to trigger when the comm is used requires either traps or electronics operation (comms) and takes a base of 30 seconds.

Quote:
Daymar thinks to himself, "Well, that doesn't sound good..." He is going to make a Spacer role to try to get a sense of what the response is likely to be to that partial message.

A lot of people are going to hear it, but most won't do anything. At least not right away. Some people will start acting on it once its apparent that the ship has been taken and they start working through everything in their minds. Immediately, a few people might act on it, but everyone aside from the top leaders of the maneuver drive, the reactors, and the missiles won't be able to do more than vent atmosphere and start fires.

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
Old 06-09-2022, 08:06 AM   #1446
TGLS

Quote:
enabling a power cell to explode requires either an explosives or armoury (small arms) roll and takes a base of 30 seconds.

rigging that explosion to trigger when the comm is used requires either traps or electronics operation (comms) and takes a base of 30 seconds.
Well let's do it then!
Quote:
[1029] 22-06-09 16:01:42 CEST
Traps
3d6 <= 13
1 + 3 + 1 = 5 ... success
[1028] 22-06-09 16:01:34 CEST
Armoury (Small Arms)
3d6 <= 13
6 + 3 + 2 = 11 ... success
Looks like I made excellent time on that second half. Then I'll get out of there and... I dunno, go looking to see if any of the subverted officers or security are around?
Quote:
[1030] 22-06-09 16:03:11 CEST
Stealth
3d6 <= 16
1 + 6 + 1 = 8 ... success
[1031] 22-06-09 16:03:36 CEST
Photorefraction
3d6 <= 15
2 + 6 + 6 = 14 ... success
[1032] 22-06-09 16:05:21 CEST
Observation
3d6 <= 13
4 + 4 + 3 = 11 ... success
Old 06-09-2022, 02:34 PM   #1447
GnomesofZurich

Quote:
A lot of people are going to hear it, but most won't do anything. At least not right away. Some people will start acting on it once its apparent that the ship has been taken and they start working through everything in their minds. Immediately, a few people might act on it, but everyone aside from the top leaders of the maneuver drive, the reactors, and the missiles won't be able to do more than vent atmosphere and start fires.
Well, from the "can't do anything about that" perspective, Daymar is going to continue on towards the command centre on deck 9.
Old 06-10-2022, 09:31 AM   #1448
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Quote:
Well let's do it then!
Hua wires up the explosive trap and places the comm back where it could be used by the unsuspecting. Stripping the two carbines she isn't using gives 2 lbs of REF 1/2 explosive. (I think that's 9d)

Quote:
Looks like I made excellent time on that second half. Then I'll get out of there and... I dunno, go looking to see if any of the subverted officers or security are around?
Hua is still in the officer's quarters when she sees Lt. Vinobi heading towards the captain's quarters...

Quote:
Well, from the "can't do anything about that" perspective, Daymar is going to continue on towards the command centre on deck 9.
Daymar makes it to the command center. Pacifica is just outside of it, waiting with a few members of security. She reports she has a room full of cuffed prisoners groggy from oxygen loss.

Old 06-10-2022, 10:32 AM   #1449
TGLS

Quote:
Hua wires up the explosive trap and places the comm back where it could be used by the unsuspecting. Stripping the two carbines she isn't using gives 2 lbs of REF 1/2 explosive. (I think that's 9d)
Actually it would be 12d. 9d would be 1.125 pounds, or 0.5625 after modifying for REF.
Quote:
Hua is still in the officer's quarters when she sees Lt. Vinobi heading towards the captain's quarters...
Good. I'll try to stop Vinobi and then try to get him to go somewhere private where we can talk more openly. Then I'll brief him and ask him which sections are the most likely to be doing something dangerous because of the self destruct order (on the grounds he should have an understanding of the personalities of the officers who command the sections).
Old 06-10-2022, 04:14 PM   #1450
GnomesofZurich

Quote:
Daymar makes it to the command center. Pacifica is just outside of it, waiting with a few members of security. She reports she has a room full of cuffed prisoners groggy from oxygen loss.
Daymar says, "Well, let's see if I can change their mind about which side to end up on." How many prisoners are there?