Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-27-2013, 02:00 PM   #1
JCurwen3

Default Undistractable

A player came to me with a concept - she wants her character (who has a few powers, and also casts spells) to be "undistractable". Game mechanically, normally when you take a Concentrate maneuver, if
Quote:
Originally Posted by p. B366
you are forced to use an active defense, knocked down, injured, or otherwise distracted before you finish, you must make a Will-3 roll.
She wants to succeed automatically at these rolls. Note that this only really comes up for activities that require multiple consecutive Concentrate maneuvers.

Any ways this could be a problem? I'm thinking of treating this as a Resistant / Immunity thing. Not sure how to class "distractions that break Concentrate maneuver chains" though. Is it Very Common, or Common? I can't imagine calling it less than Common.

Thoughts?

Also, is "undistractable" the right word? Or "indistractable"? Or what?

On the flip side, what would a greater Susceptibility to distractions breaking Concentrate be worth as a disadvantage?

Tags
attentive, concentrate, immunity, maneuver, resistant, single-minded, will rolls