Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin

Old 08-25-2021, 05:34 PM   #1
Abeaushan

Default Pet Monster from Game Changers

Hello,

Last night, a player fought a level 2 monster to try to get to level 10. I played a +10 monster enhancer on it and then a third player wandered in a level 10 monster. The original player then used the card 'Pet Monster' on the level 2 to win the fight and the game (since it has the +10 monster enhancer).

My question is, does a monster enhancer affect a monster's level at all? Or does it simply affect combat strength? When my opponent turned the level 2 monster into his pet, did they get the +10 enhancer as well for the combat? Would they get to keep it forever if the game continued on?
Abeaushan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2021, 12:17 AM   #2
Mr_Draco

Default Re: Pet Monster from Game Changers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abeaushan View Post
My question is, does a monster enhancer affect a monster's level at all? Or does it simply affect combat strength? When my opponent turned the level 2 monster into his pet, did they get the +10 enhancer as well for the combat? Would they get to keep it forever if the game continued on?
Level and Combat Strength are two different things. A monsters Level is what is printed on the card. Giving it an enhancer increases the monsters Combat Strength, its level doesn't change.

If a monster is turned into a pet, all enhancers attached to the monster gets discarded. A pet is considered an item so any cards or abilities that affect items can also affect the pet.
Mr_Draco is offline   Reply With Quote