Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 07-30-2021, 03:22 PM   #1
Steven Marsh

Default Now Available On Demand: GURPS Goblins

Live your best (worst) self . . . as a goblin! The delightfully quirky GURPS Goblins is now available in print once again, thanks to the unstoppable On Demand program!

This quirky revisitation of Georgian England puts you in the shoes of the titular goblins (if they're so lucky as to wear shoes), as you try to find your lot in life — or your little in life — in the 1830s.

Breaking from tradition even more so than being a literal goblin in a hysterical ahistorical setting, this tome is available in two formats:The original 144-page version of GURPS Goblins (for GURPS Third Edition) featured 96 color interior pages, but our demands are not so universally met On Demand that we can say, "Can you do color, but also black and white in the same book?" So the color version contains single-color pages, with the loophole-exploiting technicality that black and white are, in fact, colors. If you really want to confuse your bookshelf, buy both. That'll show it!

Regardless of how you want to answer London's call, you have more choices than ever . . . and it's all as you like it, on demand!

Last edited by Steven Marsh; 07-30-2021 at 03:35 PM.
Steven Marsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2021, 07:42 PM   #2
LoneWolf23k

Default Re: Now Available On Demand: GURPS Goblins

There should really be a 4e conversion document, or at least a 4e version of the Goblin Creation rules. If only to adapt these Goblins to other settings, such as a fun alternative to GURPS Banestorm's Goblins.
LoneWolf23k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2021, 02:04 AM   #3
Phil Masters

I occasionally offer to do a 4e conversion document, but I think that the company reckon it would be a large, fiddly project to support a book that (unjustly) never sold that well in the first place.
My Self-Publications: On Warehouse 23 and On DriveThruRPG.
Phil Masters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2021, 08:46 AM   #4
Emerikol

I'm saddened too that these books just don't get updated to 4e rules.

I realize though that doing this work is a paid job and if the revenue doesn't support it you can't do it. GURPS just has such an awesome catalog and now with print on demand making things viable, I just wish more could be done.

Maybe take ten titles and run a kickstart specifically aimed at upgrading them. The reward is you get the titles if the total funds level is reached. If you don't get enough pledges then you'll know it wasn't economically viable. The customers/fans will know too. If you do then you get all the titles upgraded at the cost of a few books.
Emerikol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2021, 10:58 AM   #5
Refplace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emerikol View Post
Maybe take ten titles and run a kickstart specifically aimed at upgrading them. The reward is you get the titles if the total funds level is reached. If you don't get enough pledges then you'll know it wasn't economically viable. The customers/fans will know too. If you do then you get all the titles upgraded at the cost of a few books.
Also brings more attention to them. I like the idea though it is against the typical SJG (especially GURPS) policy of having the work ready to go so on time delivery is assured. However it has been done for other things so might be considered.
My List of GURPS You Tube videos (plus a few other useful items)
My GURPS Wiki entries
Refplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2021, 11:04 AM   #6
Christopher R. Rice

Quote:
I'm saddened too that these books just don't get updated to 4e rules.

I realize though that doing this work is a paid job and if the revenue doesn't support it you can't do it. GURPS just has such an awesome catalog and now with print on demand making things viable, I just wish more could be done.

I like this idea a lot. Dibs on Technomancer! (Probably not, but I love that setting.)

Latest GURPS Book: Dungeon Fantasy Denizens: Thieves
Latest TFT Book: The Sunken Library

Become a Patron!
Christopher R. Rice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2021, 03:34 PM   #7
ericbsmith

Location: Binghamton, NY, USA. Near the river Styx in the 5th Circle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Masters View Post
I occasionally offer to do a 4e conversion document, but I think that the company reckon it would be a large, fiddly project to support a book that (unjustly) never sold that well in the first place.
Quote:
Maybe take ten titles and run a kickstart specifically aimed at upgrading them.
They actually played around with the idea of providing conversions a couple of times with Reign of Steel: Will To Live and Pyramid #3/115: Technomancer. I suspect that sales didn't justify more projects like these. I'm always up for a good kickstarter, but also suspect that this one would require higher pledge level than the previous GURPS Pyramid Scheme and GURPS Challenge projects, which in turn would mean fewer backers, and a higher still pledge level.
Kaboom-baya.
ericbsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2021, 03:17 AM   #8
Obbian

So if it is possible to do color in amazon print on demand, could we get the other books in color as well? I would rather enjoy buying gurps 4e books in color, and i would be willing to pay a bit extra for it. Hardcover would be a plus too.
Obbian is offline   Reply With Quote