Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-07-2019, 04:25 PM   #11
Icelander

Default Brazilian Monster Hunters in the Context of My Ongoing Campaign

Quote:
Originally Posted by D10 View Post
Boy oh boy! Wish I saw this thread earlier, but I was away from the forum for so long! It was posted on my birthday as well, which is a nice plus.

I will try to answer all your questions, but due to time constraints I might have to continue on later posts
That would be great.

I can always use more details.

Since 2009, all my modern Urban Fantasy / Monster Hunting -esque campaigns have been set in the real world with emerging magic. Eventually, it became clear that all the campaigns are set in different parts of the world, but part of the same continuity, which more or less makes it a setting, especially as the world my campaigns are set in diverges more from the real world. I don't have a name for the setting yet, but each new campaign fills in more of the ways the setting differs from the real world.

So even if the PCs in the current campaign never actually visit Brazil* and only run into a few occult intelligence operatives / covert monster hunters from ABIN (in an upcoming adventure having something to do with an illegal underground fighting ring at a Caribbean resort), I'm glad to get as much detail about the Brazilian occult underground and the secret semi-official counter-supernatural response. It will always be good background, either for future adventures in this campaign or for the ones to come in the future.

*They might, of course, but the intended campaign area is the Caribbean and the Gulf Coast of the US, responding to threats emerging from the 'Bermuda triangle' (neither a triangle nor properly associated with Bermuda) Vile Vortex.

Tags
brazil, covert ops, monster hunters, special ops, vile vortices