Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 02-03-2021, 12:19 PM   #421
TGLS

Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
[281] 21-02-03 20:15:25 CET
Stealth
3d6 <= 16 : 5 + 2 + 1 = 8 ... success
Hopefully sufficient. After Pacifica arrives:

"Hi. Small bit of trouble handling the food; got my previous buddy blamed, so no suspicion there."
"A bunch of other people have been arrested. Happen to know anything about them?"
"I should be ready to raid the armoury in the next day or two. Will you want a weapon too?"
"I think I'll have my powers in by breakfast time day after tomorrow."
"My new buddy's had her mind edited; should make some things easier."
"Anything in general I can help with?"
TGLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2021, 01:58 AM   #422
Hide

Pacifica takes notes of her lunch-friends' "ramblings" about the plan and other relevant and less relevant stuff. As the time for the meeting closes in, she then proceeds to the bathroom to wash her hands and “use the toilet”. This is how she leaves the table without dragging other people, also at the bathroom Pacifica writes the following note, using her non-dominant hand:

Quote:
With just one day's gift
I saw the sun rising twice,
The alms for the night.

On the winding fields
Have I ever seen the wind?
The spiel, I learned.
The note features 2 haiku poems. Hopefully Day and Hua will understand they are closer to be discovered than they think. And that the enemy figured Day’s powers.

She carefully drags the pen to make a fine trace, but also to avoid making noise. And then she delicately takes the piece of paper apart. Pacifica will leave the note to Hua at deck 5, around where Hua left her own note (because it will be pretty hard shaking Nejora at the momment). Finally, Pacifica puts the piece of paper in her pocket, the idea is having this paper ready for a “fast draw and drop” but also concealed.

As Pacifica finishes her business, she goes to Nejora and says “Let’s go”.

Pacifica takes the elevator to deck 5 with Nejora; since she hasn’t specified the exact location of “Hua’s window” she tells Nejora it should be either on deck 5 or 6.

As Pacifica walks with Nejora, she says:

Space looked so wide at first, but then you had the walls of this ship, and now you are walking into a narrow elevator... but, all you have to do is change perspectives, right? What do you think Nejora?

Here are the rolls:

Spoiler:  
Old 02-04-2021, 08:19 AM   #423
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

So the plan is that Pacficia is going to walk past Hua on deck 5 and just slip her a note with two cryptic poems on it? face to face? as opposed to hiding the note?

How will Hua respond to Pacifica showing up with her buddy in tow? Hua will be alone.

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2021, 08:50 AM   #424
TGLS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
How will Hua respond to Pacifica showing up with her buddy in tow? Hua will be alone.
I assume I hear multiple sets footsteps instead of the expected one set, and then figure something's gone wrong. I slip out of view and attempt to observe the situation inconspicuously.

Quote:
[289] 21-02-04 16:49:41 CET
Stealth
3d6 <= 16 : 5 + 5 + 1 = 11 ... success

[290] 21-02-04 16:50:26 CET
Observation
3d6 <= 13 : 2 + 4 + 1 = 7 ... success
TGLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2021, 11:50 AM   #425
Hide

Quote:
So the plan is that Pacficia is going to walk past Hua on deck 5 and just slip her a note with two cryptic poems on it? face to face? as opposed to hiding the note? How will Hua respond to Pacifica showing up with her buddy in tow? Hua will be alone.
Not face to face, Pacifica will drop the note near the door, as Hua did. At this time Pacifica will be talking with Nejora about deck 6 so Hua recognizes the voice. And once they leave for deck 6 she will leave the note.
Old 02-05-2021, 09:58 AM   #426
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hide View Post
Not face to face, Pacifica will drop the note near the door, as Hua did. At this time Pacifica will be talking with Nejora about deck 6 so Hua recognizes the voice. And once they leave for deck 6 she will leave the note.
Hua hid the note in brick storage compartment.

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
Old 02-05-2021, 02:20 PM   #427
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Daymar is about to hide away a baked good when he thinks he sees out of the corner of his eye that one of the commissioned officers is watching him from the other side of the room. (this is his dinner during the day of three meetings, the 19th)

Old 02-05-2021, 03:12 PM   #428
Hide

Quote:
Hua hid the note in brick storage compartment.
Alright, what roll would you require to do something alike? My previous filch roll was intended for pulling the stuff out unnoticed, is camouflage OK?
Old 02-05-2021, 03:53 PM   #429
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hide View Post
Alright, what roll would you require to do something alike? My previous filch roll was intended for pulling the stuff out unnoticed, is camouflage OK?

Are you trying to stick it in the spot while Nejora is present, or will you try to loose her for 5 seconds? The spot requires opening a door, moving around bricks, and then closing the door.

Old 02-05-2021, 11:35 PM   #430
Hide

Quote:
Are you trying to stick it in the spot while Nejora is present, or will you try to loose her for 5 seconds? The spot requires opening a door, moving around bricks, and then closing the door.
I would like to do something simple, like walking behind Nejora, dropping the note and kicking it towards the meeting's door. I assumed deck 5 was something like a warehouse, maybe there was a box net to the door (I could drop the note there, as well).

And besides Hua, Nejora and Pacifica the place is empty... right?