Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > The Fantasy Trip > The Fantasy Trip: House Rules

Old 11-30-2022, 03:45 PM   #1
hcobb

Default Control Self

The caster puppets their own body and is able to disbelieve or cast spells 5 IQ or more levels below their own while taking any valid combat action with their body, such as attacking, defending, dodging, full move, etc. If they combine an occult blast with a physical staff strike these must still be against the same target. Same as Control Person except the range is zero and the maintenance period is one minute instead of one turn.
Old 12-01-2022, 01:31 AM   #2
Steve Plambeck

Default Re: Control Self

That seems like a long way to go to give a figure an extra action per turn, and "control" of self for that purpose feels rather unnatural to me.

Perhaps a new spell (or talent or discipline) called "Speed Thought" or "Divide Attention" might make more sense? A thing that gives you one physical action AND one mental action per Turn. That's tampering with the Turn Sequence though, so it'll get complicated. Can I move 1/2 my MA, and attack with my weapon, and cast a spell all in one Turn? Powerful! And what order do the two actions occur in? My choice, or dictated by a rule? And does another figure get to act in-between my two actions? What if two opponents are both using this at the same time?

This could be opening a can of worms.
Old 12-01-2022, 05:09 AM   #3
hcobb

Default Re: Control Self

It's a play on wizards having those extra actions with controls and creations.