Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Dungeon Fantasy Roleplaying Game

Old 06-22-2023, 03:29 PM   #191
johndallman
Night Watchman

Default Re: #Dungeon23 Megadungeon Challenge

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
[Description: A pair of 2 yard by 2 yard alcoves across from each other in a hallway 2 yards across. A bronze plaque lies on either side of the alcove, with the inscription:
Do you mean "on either side of each alcove"?
johndallman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2023, 04:32 PM   #192
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by johndallman View Post
Do you mean "on either side of each alcove"?
No... trying this new one. Is it clear? The idea is that you see a plaque telling you what to do before you walk between the ogre skeletons.

Quote:
Description: A pair of 2 yard by 2 yard alcoves across from each other in a hallway 2 yards across. A bronze plaque is mounted on the hallway walls approaching the alcoves from both directions, with the inscription:

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2023, 01:51 AM   #193
johndallman
Night Watchman

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
No... trying this new one. Is it clear? The idea is that you see a plaque telling you what to do before you walk between the ogre skeletons.
Try this, which seems a bit less confusing:

Quote:
Description: A pair of 2 yard by 2 yard alcoves across from each other in a hallway 2 yards across. As you approach the alcoves (from either direction), you'll find a bronze plaque mounted on the wall, with the inscription:
johndallman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2023, 04:13 PM   #194
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

June 23 etr

Description: A carved stone room 8 yard by 8 yards. The center of the room has a puddle about 4 yards across in it, and a giant crack in the ceiling, big enough for a man to climb. The ceiling is nine feet high.

Entrances: The Crack in the ceiling leads to June 7. Heavy Ironbound Doors lead to the North and South, and a Broken Door leads to the east.

Bronze skull: A single Bronze skull, like from a greeter (May 4th), lies in the corner. It will only ask to be replaced politely, or ask "do you have the key for the master?". If it is convinced that you're working for Polriket, the Skull will tell all about its mission to observe the old dwarven forges, and about how they are now overrun with elder things.

Treasure: See notes on Greeter Skulls

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!

Last edited by ericthered; 06-27-2023 at 11:15 AM.
Old 06-23-2023, 04:19 PM   #195
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by johndallman View Post
Try this, which seems a bit less confusing:
Thanks. anything beyond circles, ovals, and rectangles is a bit tricky.

Old 06-26-2023, 03:33 PM   #196
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

June 26 etr

Description: A carved stone room 8 yards by 15 yards. A bunch of clutter and a firepit in the center of the room.

Monsters: 12 black servitors (Feb 22) armed with clubs.

Treasure:
Fine Monster Trap ($640, 11 lbs)
4 man tent ($150, 30 lbs)
20 Yards of 3/8 rope ($10, 3 lbs)
Self-righting hourglass ($160, 4 lbs)
Backpack Blacksmith toolkit ($600, 20 lbs)
Backpack Alchemy Lab ($1,000, 10 lbs)
10 lbs of rubbing Wax ($120, 10 lbs)

Entrances: Two stone arches at the back of the room. An average wooden door with an average lock (+0 to pick) at the front of the room.

Last edited by ericthered; 06-27-2023 at 11:15 AM.
Old 06-27-2023, 11:14 AM   #197
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

June 27 etr

Description: A 5 yard section of 2 yard hall filled with sprouts. (See may 16). If these sprouts scream, the response will come from room June 26.

Treasure: 10 silver, 340 silver ($540), scattered around the sprouts, plus anything taken from the sprouts

Last edited by ericthered; 06-28-2023 at 10:43 AM.
Old 06-28-2023, 11:46 AM   #198
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

28 June etr

Description: A 6 yard by 4 yard room. The ceiling, floor, and front and back walls have been carved out of stone, but the two side walls are a sort of silvery half-reflection. In the center floats a single silvery orb, about the size of a cantaloupe, and just barely deformed.

Monsters: Three Silvered Floaters. Silvered floaters have single silvery floating mass that seems to be both their head and body, with three large eyes with a single hole beneath them to the front, three gangly arms tipped with stingers arranged radially (one arm stick strait back), a mass of stinging tentacles underneath, and a distinctive crest sticking up high. They move slowly for fliers. They will aggressively attack intruders, especially ones who come close to the silvery orb (their egg). Identifying them and their characteristics requires an hidden lore (Elder things) roll at +2, or Occultism or Alchemy at -2.

The floaters will rely on their ability to move from mirror to mirror and shoot gunk to confuse and weaken the party, while relying on their high DR vs. Non-silvered weapons.

Code:
ST    12    HP   12    speed 6.50
DX    14    Will  8    Move 6 (air)
IQ    6     Per   8 
HT    12    FP   12    SM: 0

Dodge 10 Parry 12  DR 10 (2 vs silver)
Stinger (16): 1d6 imp plus -4 to vision (resisted by HT-3) as the subject's eyes go silvery. Reach C,1
Silver Goop (16): Ranged attack, max range 8 yards. 3 attacks per day, from the orifice beneath the eyes. Silver goop clings to what it hit, and tries to get closer to the skin. It takes seconds equal to DR to work its way through. If its touching the skin, it inflicts moderate pain until removed. If its on the face, it inflicts blindness and severe pain until removed,and moderate pain for 1 minute afterwards. Removing the silver goop takes three seconds of scraping with something that the goop ends up stuck to.
Stinging Tentacles: Anyone touching the Silvered Floater or touched by it takes 1d6 toxic damage (resisted by HT-3)

Skills: Brawling-16, Innate Attack -16, Aerobatics -14, Stealth -14

Traits:
No head, legs (Arial), or neck. Periphrial vision, Doesn't Breath, Eat, Drink, or Sleep. Immune to Metabolic Hazards.
Notes: Silver Floaters have vitals and a brain, but it takes Hidden Lore (Elder things) to find them. Silver Floaters can use the silvered quasi-mirrors they have created as portals, moving from one to the other seemlessly, staying half in one place and half in another, and even spitting silver goop through the surfaces. Silver floater eggs are worth $2,400 to alchemists or eccentric researchers.
Class: Elder Thing

Treasure: The Silver Floater egg.

Entrances: broken doors at each non-silvered side of the room.

Last edited by ericthered; 06-28-2023 at 11:50 AM.
Old 06-30-2023, 12:24 PM   #199
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

29 June etr

Description: A 20 yard stretch of tunnel with mine cart tracks running down it, 2 yards across, curving slightly. Overly large strands of webbing hang down in the middle of the tunnel.... one every 4 yards. five bodies wrapped in webbing lie in the tunnel.

Lighting: -10 (none)

Monsters: A Headless Distorted Huge Spider. It will be here 33% of the time, and is more likely to be encountered as wandering monster.

The Headless Distorted Huge Spider looks much like a very big very hairy spider, but with 13 legs, no head, and a long envenomed spike it can suddenly project from its body. Use the stats for a Huge Spider, but with the following adjustments:
  • Add doesn't eat, drink, breathe, or sleep, no head, no neck, no eyes, unliving, and unnatural
  • Increase Will to 13
  • Change class to Elder Thing
Four of the bodies wrapped in spider silk are black servitors (Feb 22), who will run if they can and fight if they can't.

Treasure: One of the bodies is human, and has with it: Gloves of Slow Fire Embossed with a wall design ($45 + $7,000, .5 lbs), Tinted Goggles ($150, .5 lbs), Fine Crossbow ($600, 6 lbs), 13 silver ($260). The rest of their equipment seems to have been corroded away by some strange process.

Entrances: Unobstructed

Old 06-30-2023, 12:38 PM   #200
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

30 June etr

Description: a 10 yard by 3 yard room, with 3 adjacent 3 yard by 3 yard prison cells, separated from the main room by Vault-level Iron bars, with Vault level locks (pick at -5) in doors, and by 1-foot stone walls from each other. Each also has a full set of chains and manacles designed to completely immobilize a victim. Two rings of keys (with one key for each prison cell, one for each set of Manacles, and one for this room) hang on the wall.

Entrance: A heavy Iron-bound door with a heavy lock (-5 to pick). The door is currently unlocked.

Treasure: Each set of manacles is 20lbs, costs $200, takes a full minute to put on or take off a subject.

Tags
#dungeon23, challenge, megadungeon