Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-30-2023, 03:07 PM   #1771
Hide
 
Hide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Pacifica's opponents aren't streaming through the door this time, they're staying put behind the square water tanks and waiting for their enemies to round the corner.

Can we shoot the water tanks, so the beams hit those behind?
__________________
- 画龍点睛。Hide。
Hide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2023, 08:49 AM   #1772
TGLS
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
How will Hua avoid getting jumped as she moves through the occupied section? What is her destination and goal?
Well, by sneaking about and using photorefraction. It's been a while but basically I figured attacking their positions from the rear would hamper their effectiveness.
TGLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2023, 09:33 AM   #1773
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
Well, by sneaking about and using photorefraction. It's been a while but basically I figured attacking their positions from the rear would hamper their effectiveness.
Ok, give me a stealth roll (and is your old refraction roll still active?) Will Hua be attacking at the first possible location (on deck 19) or higher up in the decks?


Quote:
Originally Posted by Hide View Post
Pacifica's opponents aren't streaming through the door this time, they're staying put behind the square water tanks and waiting for their enemies to round the corner.

Can we shoot the water tanks, so the beams hit those behind?
You can't bounce lasers off the water tanks... but you can put holes in the water tanks to drench your foes with water under a good deal of pressure.
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!

Last edited by ericthered; 06-05-2023 at 09:39 AM.
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2023, 04:35 PM   #1774
TGLS
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Ok, give me a stealth roll (and is your old refraction roll still active?) Will Hua be attacking at the first possible location (on deck 19) or higher up in the decks?
Let's go a level above that to catch them more off-guard. I'll assume the photorefraction needs a refresh.
Quote:
[1335] 23-06-06 00:34:36 CEST
Photorefraction
3d6 <= 15
1 + 2 + 2 = 5 ... success

[1334] 23-06-06 00:34:24 CEST
Stealth
3d6 <= 16
6 + 2 + 1 = 9 ... success
Ghost-like...
TGLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2023, 06:38 PM   #1775
Hide
 
Hide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
You can't bounce lasers off the water tanks... but you can put holes in the water tanks to drench your foes with water under a good deal of pressure.
What would this require? Given that things are not working Pacifica might decide to wait instead.
__________________
- 画龍点睛。Hide。
Hide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2023, 10:11 AM   #1776
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
Let's go a level above that to catch them more off-guard. I'll assume the photorefraction needs a refresh.

Ghost-like...
Hua makes it to deck 18. the defenders here are mostly worried about people coming up through the hatches: they seem to think it will happen soon. They are hiding to ambush people doing so with tools used as improvised weapons.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Hide View Post
What would this require? Given that things are not working Pacifica might decide to wait instead.
Just hitting the water tank with a laser beam and holding it steady. Its not unlike aiming at the narrow side of a barn.
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2023, 12:29 AM   #1777
Hide
 
Hide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Pacifica whispers to her teammate (the one that accompanied her) to prepare, she's shooting the water tank to disrupt the enemies.

Shooting:
3d6 <= 14
2 + 5 + 1 = 8 ... success
__________________
- 画龍点睛。Hide。
Hide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2023, 08:49 AM   #1778
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Pacifica's shot drills a hole in the water tanks, and it starts pouring out in a half dozen streams all over half of the waiting ambushers (the other half are on the other side).



This shocks them, and they start waving to their compatriots on the other side.
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2023, 03:48 PM   #1779
Hide
 
Hide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Pacifica's shot drills a hole in the water tanks, and it starts pouring out in a half dozen streams all over half of the waiting ambushers (the other half are on the other side).

This shocks them, and they start waving to their compatriots on the other side.
Is it possible for the team to fire in that direction now? Are there good chances of hitting them?
__________________
- 画龍点睛。Hide。
Hide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2023, 08:04 AM   #1780
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hide View Post
Is it possible for the team to fire in that direction now? Are there good chances of hitting them?
No, they haven't moved from their hidden locations.
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Fnords are Off
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:50 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.