Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-22-2022, 08:00 PM   #101
dcarson
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Default Re: (IW) Cyberpunk Worlds

There is or was a rental car company that had a cellphone governor so if you hadn't made payment that month the car stopped. Makes an interesting Disadvantage for a cyberpunk adventurer. Make money for the payments or things stop working.
dcarson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2022, 05:53 AM   #102
Prince Charon
 
Prince Charon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Default Re: (IW) Cyberpunk Worlds

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcarson View Post
There is or was a rental car company that had a cellphone governor so if you hadn't made payment that month the car stopped. Makes an interesting Disadvantage for a cyberpunk adventurer. Make money for the payments or things stop working.
Things like your artificial heart, if the setting is grimdark enough.
__________________
Warning, I have the Distractible and Imaginative quirks in real life.

"The more corrupt a government, the more it legislates."
-- Tacitus

Five Earths, All in a Row. Updated 12/17/2022: Apocrypha: Bridges out of Time, Part I has been posted.
Prince Charon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2022, 01:00 PM   #103
cptbutton
 
cptbutton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Default Re: (IW) Cyberpunk Worlds

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcarson View Post
There is or was a rental car company that had a cellphone governor so if you hadn't made payment that month the car stopped. Makes an interesting Disadvantage for a cyberpunk adventurer. Make money for the payments or things stop working.
I've heard that some car sales places do that also. Though as I recall, it won't turn the car off, it will just block it from starting, so you don't get stuck in the middle of the road.
__________________
--
Burma!
cptbutton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2022, 03:55 PM   #104
TGLS
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Default Re: (IW) Cyberpunk Worlds

Quote:
Originally Posted by cptbutton View Post
I've heard that some car sales places do that also. Though as I recall, it won't turn the car off, it will just block it from starting, so you don't get stuck in the middle of the road.
I'll file that away for when I want to trap PCs somewhere in a modern setting.
TGLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2022, 12:29 PM   #105
Flaco76
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Irving, TX
Default Re: (IW) Cyberpunk Worlds

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
I'll file that away for when I want to trap PCs somewhere in a modern setting.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Repo_Men

In 2025, advancements in medical technology have perfected bio-mechanical organs. A corporation known as The Union sells these expensive "artiforgs" on credit, and when customers are unable or unwilling to pay for their artiforgs The Union sends "repo men" to locate and forcibly repossess the organ - invariably resulting in the death of the owner.
Flaco76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
cyberpunk, cyberworld, infinite worlds, infinity unlimited

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Fnords are Off
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:07 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.