Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 04-19-2021, 02:33 PM   #261
Hide

Default Re: DreadStormers (OOC)

The idea is doing it before the jump, this way we shall know where are we headed to. And I guess it will be better to take action before the mess shows up.
Old 04-22-2021, 01:13 PM   #262
Hide

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
(...) Is Pacifica going to try and get Daymar in here right now, or is there a different plan for exploiting Zybo's new "Trust"?
Do you mean I can have Zybo summon the girl or Daymar to his office?

If I bring Daymar, is he going to be able to super brainwash Zybo? Because I guess he will arrive accompanied by guards.

Is Zybo’s office guarded? (e.g. two guards at the entrance of his door).
Old 04-22-2021, 01:22 PM   #263
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hide View Post
Do you mean I can have Zybo summon the girl or Daymar to his office?
you'll need to talk him into it, but it shouldn't be hard, so yes.

Quote:
If I bring Daymar, is he going to be able to super brainwash Zybo?
Well, I think he held back before in order to keep their cover, not because he couldn't really change Zybo's head. I thought you folks had a plan that involved getting Daymar in the officer's quarters...

Quote:
Because I guess he will arrive accompanied by guards.

Is Zybo’s office guarded? (e.g. two guards at the entrance of his door).
No guards involved in either situation.

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2021, 01:55 PM   #264
Hide

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
(...) Well, I think he held back before in order to keep their cover, not because he couldn't really change Zybo's head. I thought you folks had a plan that involved getting Daymar in the officer's quarters (...)
Alright, so Gnomes what can you do once you get here? I know the aim is brainwashing the section, but for example, can you stack more disadvantages on Zybo? I guess that is important to play the smooth criminal.

Erick, how many people did Pacifica see while following Zybo?
Old 04-23-2021, 08:14 PM   #265
Hide

Quote:
Alright, so Gnomes what can you do once you get here? I know the aim is brainwashing the section, but for example, can you stack more disadvantages on Zybo? I guess that is important to play the smooth criminal.

Erick, what do you think?
Old 04-24-2021, 04:52 AM   #266
GnomesofZurich

Quote:

Stacking more disadvantages gets harder. The penalty on my skill would include what I've already put on him, so it's best to do it all in one go, and preferably keeping it to -10 or -15 in disadvantages, because that means my skill remains in the "optimal" range of effective skill 15 or 16.
Old 04-24-2021, 10:55 AM   #267
Hide

I can summon you to Zybo’s office but you will have to deal with him because I am telling him of potential DreadStormers now. This may be the chance to take over the officers. How about it Gnomes?
Old 04-25-2021, 04:56 AM   #268
GnomesofZurich

Quote:
I can summon you to Zybo’s office but you will have to deal with him because I am telling him of potential DreadStormers now. This may be the chance to take over the officers. How about it Gnomes?
I'd suggest against modifying him further, but Daymar can try in a pinch. If he can speak to each officer individually, it would be simplest. What modifications are you after?
Old 04-25-2021, 11:45 AM   #269
Hide

We have a window to work our plan right now and make important advancements, I think it is fine if we take action before the engine issues are noticed, which might trigger another run of investigations and might bring into subject the missing personnel (which our characters don’t know about yet).

I have 3 points I would like to check with you, and see if it is possible to crack them using your powers:
  1. Bringing Day to Zybo means he will be sold as a Dread Stormer. In the current situation, you will have to deal with Zybo before you can walk around and brainwash the rest of the officers in the vicinity.
  2. I would like Pacifica to search Zybo’s computer for valuable intel. I don’t want her to ask him for the access, maybe you could use suggestion on Zybo to make him want Pacifica check his files; then you could rewrite his memory to have him think they have only been discussing her report.
  3. Depending on what we do, we may have to “cover” the fact Zybo is bypassing some rules around us, which could raise a lot of suspicion.
What do you think?
Old 04-26-2021, 02:20 PM   #270
GnomesofZurich

Quote:

I have 3 points I would like to check with you, and see if it is possible to crack them using your powers:
  1. Bringing Day to Zybo means he will be sold as a Dread Stormer. In the current situation, you will have to deal with Zybo before you can walk around and brainwash the rest of the officers in the vicinity.
  2. I would like Pacifica to search Zybo’s computer for valuable intel. I don’t want her to ask him for the access, maybe you could use suggestion on Zybo to make him want Pacifica check his files; then you could rewrite his memory to have him think they have only been discussing her report.
  3. Depending on what we do, we may have to “cover” the fact Zybo is bypassing some rules around us, which could raise a lot of suspicion.
What do you think?
So I'm clear, you mean bringing Daymar to Zybo would expose Daymar as a Dreadstormer? That sounds less than ideal. Zybo already is giving you "all of his trust", you tell Zybo that you need Day there to help you.

If I'm there, I could 'suggest' that Zybo enter his password into the computer while Pacifica is in a position to observe, this gives you file access without needing to worry about rewriting memories later.

Zybo just needs to get us access to the other officers, once I'm done with them we won't need to worry about suspicion, and as a stop-gap, that's what Suggestion is for.