Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 07-14-2022, 08:22 PM   #11
Donny Brook

Default Re: A Catalouge Of Silly Perks

Can recite the alphabet by belching or flatulence.
Donny Brook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2022, 07:43 AM   #12
Donny Brook

Reverse Firearm Operation
You can fire your weapon at yourself with no Bulk penalty. Range penalties still apply.

Last edited by Donny Brook; 07-15-2022 at 11:02 AM.
Old 07-15-2022, 07:51 AM   #13
SilvercatMoonpaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donny Brook View Post
Reverse Firearm Operation
You can fire your weapon at yourself with no Bulk penalty. Range penalties still apply.
Gangstah Style: You can successfully use/fire your gun when it's tilted 90 degrees sideways with no penalty. This also gives you +1 to any reaction rolls against anyone who would consider what you are doing "cool AF".

(Sorry if that last sentence isn't rules-legal.)
Old 07-15-2022, 08:33 AM   #14
Varyon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilvercatMoonpaw View Post
(Sorry if that last sentence isn't rules-legal.)
Terms such as FUBAR and SNAFU are, to my knowledge, perfectly acceptable, so I'd say AF would be fine. While each of these include an abbreviation for a forbidden word, they are generally read as-is (foo-bar, sna-foo, eh-eff) and have their own meanings; it's modern slang that is generally acceptable in places where outright vulgarity is not, not an end run-around of the profanity filter.
Old 07-15-2022, 09:43 AM   #15
SilvercatMoonpaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varyon View Post
Terms such as FUBAR and SNAFU are, to my knowledge, perfectly acceptable, so I'd say AF would be fine. While each of these include an abbreviation for a forbidden word, they are generally read as-is (foo-bar, sna-foo, eh-eff) and have their own meanings; it's modern slang that is generally acceptable in places where outright vulgarity is not, not an end run-around of the profanity filter.
I was actually talking about the "reaction rolls" part: I forgot if that was a GURPS mechanic.

I assume Perks and Quirks are fine involving a little bit of interpretation, since they are frequently written in sample stat blocks as phrases with no concrete mechanics.
Old 07-15-2022, 10:18 AM   #16
Varyon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilvercatMoonpaw View Post
I was actually talking about the "reaction rolls" part: I forgot if that was a GURPS mechanic.

I assume Perks and Quirks are fine involving a little bit of interpretation, since they are frequently written in sample stat blocks as phrases with no concrete mechanics.
Whoops, I thought you meant legal by the forum rules. A +1 Reaction Roll from people who have no idea how to properly handle a firearm and think gangsta-style shooting is awesome probably isn't too terrible as part of a Perk (particularly considering actually shooting that way is likely to cause a reaction penalty from those who do know proper firearm-handling).
Old 07-15-2022, 11:00 AM   #17
agentdenton
Banned

Internet forum moderator.

You are a moderator on an internet forum site. If you have an odious personal habit similar to sadism or bullying and you have net access you can indulge your OPH in perfect safety with no consequences by harassing, abusing, bullying, threatening or banning a user of the forum.

The downside is if you are cut off from net access for longer than a day or so your urge to be a 'tough guy' may become stronger and stronger until you are unable to hold it in, possibly by failing a willpower roll at the gm's discretion.

This may lead you to find that abusing someone in person can be different from doing it on the net.
agentdenton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2022, 11:01 AM   #18
Donny Brook

Radio Teeth
Your dental work receives radio-band signals. You can't make out words, but you will be aware of a transmission if you are within one percent of the rated range of a transmitter. You can detect the direction to the transmitter by opening your mouth and turning about (if you don't mind looking like some kind of buffoon).
Old 07-15-2022, 12:47 PM   #19
agentdenton
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donny Brook View Post
Radio Teeth
Your dental work receives radio-band signals. You can't make out words, but you will be aware of a transmission if you are within one percent of the rated range of a transmitter. You can detect the direction to the transmitter by opening your mouth and turning about (if you don't mind looking like some kind of buffoon).
Do you get a bonus if you're a descendant of Lucile Ball?
agentdenton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2022, 01:12 PM   #20
Varyon

Quote:
Originally Posted by agentdenton View Post
Internet forum moderator.

You are a moderator on an internet forum site. If you have an odious personal habit similar to sadism or bullying and you have net access you can indulge your OPH in perfect safety with no consequences by harassing, abusing, bullying, threatening or banning a user of the forum.

The downside is if you are cut off from net access for longer than a day or so your urge to be a 'tough guy' may become stronger and stronger until you are unable to hold it in, possibly by failing a willpower roll at the gm's discretion.

This may lead you to find that abusing someone in person can be different from doing it on the net.
Honestly, this it too hefty of a limitation on the OPH to be a mere Perk. I'd probably do it as a -80% Limitation, unless in a setting where internet access is rather likely to be unavailable. I'd also probably rename it to something like Internet Tough Guy - it's not like one needs to be a mod to be a bully online.