Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 07-12-2021, 01:18 AM   #11
scc

Default Re: [Powers] ER Only Energy Recovery On Regeneration

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plane View Post
I assumed author just forgot to mention these are taken with the -70% from Special Recharge, because otherwise I don't understand why anyone would take the +30% version since 1 per 10 minutes is how ER recharges by default (you're not gaining anything)

Considering 1 energy/second bleed is -80% on P119 (only an extra -10%) it seems like "Energy Discharge" might be meant to replace that? It changes -10% to be 1 per 10 minutes while 1 per second is now assigned -30% ... actually the difference is even more extreme since you get x2 for rare/difficult meaning that's -20% and -60% respectably, and still avoidable whereas P119's -80% loss isn't avoidable in any way.
It's also built the assumption the recharging isn't a major problem, for my Werewolf example having to wait until the next full moon is a MAJOR problem, the need for sex for my succubus example might not be as bad but is problematic, and that's before I start saying have sex with a succubus has it's downsides (STD's, mind control are both possibilities)
scc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2021, 09:45 AM   #12
Plane

Quote:
Originally Posted by scc View Post
It's also built the assumption the recharging isn't a major problem, for my Werewolf example having to wait until the next full moon is a MAJOR problem, the need for sex for my succubus example might not be as bad but is problematic, and that's before I start saying have sex with a succubus has it's downsides (STD's, mind control are both possibilities)
That makes me wonder about defining non-human species in terms of not only who can reproduce with whom, which social diseases can jump species barriers.

Like should there be an enhancement for the Social Disease disadvantage if it can be spread to more than your own species in a world where you interact with other non-human sapient life forms?
Plane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2021, 11:12 PM   #13
Sunrunners_Fire

Quote:
That makes me wonder about defining non-human species in terms of not only who can reproduce with whom, which social diseases can jump species barriers.
Sounds like a feature to me.

Quote:
Like should there be an enhancement for the Social Disease disadvantage if it can be spread to more than your own species in a world where you interact with other non-human sapient life forms?
I wouldn't, but I'd only have those who can be infected have the reaction penalty and immunity to being seduced. You could reasonably use the size categories from Reputation though.
Sunrunners_Fire is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
energy reserve, regeneration