Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 05-18-2021, 02:36 PM   #311
Hide

Default Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! OOC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
(...) we want the cave to fill as quickly and with as little opportunity for interference as possible.
You can be certain that I am in favor of building the chimney as we previously agreed; hopefully Telrith won’t be out of FP if a random encounter takes place as we finish “operation smoke”.

The smoke filling process is quick in nature; however, I mentioned we might not need the chimney because Telrith seemingly had to recharge (50 minutes) and then shape the chimney (40 minutes) which amount the time for 1 or 2 potential random encounters.

But given your comments it seems it won't take that long, so we should be fine. Maybe in the future you could default earth shaping to another (less complicated) skill instead of architecture, something like masonry, which has to do with mud, stone and building things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
That is very generous of you, thank you.

I'll need to figure out if the best route is adding NFM, striker, and more ST, or if its best to teach them weapons. (...)
If the elementals will have no fine manipulators, you could give them a weapon mount and arm them with swords or “spears” (the ones we made). This route gives you room to employ some of the weapons we might find as we move forward. The only downside is that your elementals may lack the skill to wield certain weapons.

On the other hand, you could give them a weapon mount and build a natural weapon that works with brawling and karate (pyramid #3/65).
Old 05-18-2021, 03:08 PM   #312
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hide View Post
The smoke filling process is quick in nature; however, I mentioned we might not need the chimney because Telrith seemingly had to recharge (50 minutes) and then shape the chimney (40 minutes) which amount the time for 1 or 2 potential random encounters.
Telrith is able to charge two reserves at once: his FP and his ER. He needs 50 minutes to recover all of the FP. But he will be recovering FP at the same time. Casting only from ER will take 60 minutes (20 to get his ER back, then 40 to shape). But I think the optimal thing to do is to cast from both ER and FP at 50 minutes, and be down 2 ER and 1 FP at that point.

That is what happens, if no one has any objections: 50 minutes later, we have the wall/chimney built, and Telrith is down 2 ER and 1 FP. Start the smoking at that point. If we need it Telrith has his power item and a lot of paut.

Quote:

If the elementals will have no fine manipulators, you could give them a weapon mount and arm them with swords or “spears” (the ones we made). This route gives you room to employ some of the weapons we might find as we move forward. The only downside is that your elementals may lack the skill to wield certain weapons.

On the other hand, you could give them a weapon mount and build a natural weapon that works with brawling and karate (pyramid #3/65).
I'll cross that bridge when we come to it. I'm starting conservative here. The current batch only have brawling, and they won't get anything else until I conjure new ones, so fist loads it is.

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2021, 03:35 PM   #313
ajardoor

Alright, stopping for 50-60 minutes to finish making the furnace provokes another random encounter roll. Hopefully, you'll avoid another fight...hopefully.
Old 05-18-2021, 03:46 PM   #314
ajardoor

The demon has Active Defenses 9 (both Dodge and Parry).
Old 05-18-2021, 04:25 PM   #315
PumpkinLorica

Gathika rolls hidden lore (demons) (14) to determine the type of demon, strengths, weaknesses and name. She gets an 8, succeeding by 6.
PumpkinLorica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2021, 04:26 PM   #316
Hide

Bain waits for Gathika, as she is familiar with such stuff. Once he knows what's going on, he will attack from his watchpost.
Old 05-18-2021, 05:38 PM   #317
PumpkinLorica

Are the elementals or Telrith with Gathika and Vic at the bottom of the canyon?
PumpkinLorica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2021, 09:53 PM   #318
ajardoor

Quote:
Originally Posted by PumpkinLorica View Post
Are the elementals or Telrith with Gathika and Vic at the bottom of the canyon?
The elementals are with Telrith, I believe. Telrith was working on the furnace, up on the second level of the canyon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PumpkinLorica View Post
Gathika rolls hidden lore (demons) (14) to determine the type of demon, strengths, weaknesses and name. She gets an 8, succeeding by 6.
This is a variant of the common demon, boasting Magic Resistance 3, Double-Jointed, Slippery 10, and Discriminatory Smell (Emotion Sense).
It has DR 5, Immunity to Metabolic Hazards, Immunity to All Mind Control, Night Vision 5 and Winged Flight.
Old 05-18-2021, 11:08 PM   #319
vicious Violence

After Bain's turn.
Vic will attack with a swing (sl 16) rolled a 12. If the demon attacks Gathika will use sacrificial parry. If it attacks vic he will use parry + feverish defense (14).
He damages the demon by 4 HP (rolled 3, 3+5-5 (dr) =3, 3*1.5=4.5)
vicious Violence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2021, 01:08 AM   #320
Hide

Bain takes an AOA double from last battle’s position (the cliff), he is camouflaged and using AP war arrows.

The first shot is ready to go, resolving like this:
Shooting: Bow SL 15 (15-2+2, range, acc bonus).
Hide: 3D6 → 14(5 +6 +3)
It connects!

Damage roll:
Hide: 2D6 → 7(2 +5)

Damage output: 7+4 IMP with armor divisor of (2).
Then: 11(2) IMP VS DR 5 = 11 IMP VS DR2
First shot damage: 18 HP.

(Armor divisor rounds armor down, B378).

His second attack goes like this:

Drawing: Fast-Draw SL 14.
Hide: 3D6 → 7(3 +1 +3)
Readying: Bow SL 14 (15-1, quick-shooting).
Hide: 3D6 → 8(6 +1 +1)
Shooting: Bow SL 14 (15-2-1+2, range, quick-shooting, acc bonus).
Hide: 3D6 → 10(4 +1 +5)
It connects!

Damage roll:
Hide: 2D6 → 6(4 +2)

Damage output: 6+4 IMP with armor divisor of (2).
Then: 10(2) IMP VS DR 5 = 10 IMP VS DR2
Second shot damage: 16 HP.

Grand total: 34 HP of damage after DR.

Tags
dfrpg, dungeon fantasy, fantasy, magic, martial arts