Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 12-06-2012, 11:11 AM   #871
Fwibos

Default Re: 50-point Abilities

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figleaf23 View Post
Gunman's Little Helper
Active IR (20) (360 Arc +125%, Targetting +20%, Max. Dur. 10min -50%, Full Power in Emergencies Only -20%, Temp Disads: Colorblind, No smell/taste, Numb -35%, Net +40% [28]
+
Enhanced Tracking (5) (Max Dur 10min -50%) [3]
+
Telekinesis Lvl.9 (BL= 16lb)(20) (No Signature (Can carry objects=BL +10%*), +30%, Reduced Time +20%, Magnetic -50%, Reduced Range/10 -30% (1 yard), Max Dur 10 min -50%, Net -80% = 1/lvl) [9]
+
Compartmentalized Mind (50) (Max Dur 10 min -50%, Psi Only -10%, No separation -20% = Net -80%) [10]

Total = [50]

For ten minutes at a time, this gives the character 360 degree targetting IR senses, a spare set of invisible hands with Reach 1, capable of using e.g. any ferrous weapons totally independently using the characters' own skill levels and Perks. As an added bonus, the weapon used by the invisible hands is also invisible.

I might be inclined to add Links counterbalanced by Power Mods.

*Some might question the legality of applying Carry Objects to No Signature. I would note that since TK is normally invisible, the price for No Signature in this build is paid essentially only to hide the weapon.
It Rises!

Is it wrong that I would use those extra hands to fast-draw ammo and Quick Reload?
Word of God and Word of Kromm are pretty much the same thing in my book
Fwibos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 10:09 AM   #872
Figleaf23
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fwibos View Post
It Rises!

Is it wrong that I would use those extra hands to fast-draw ammo and Quick Reload?
I dont' see a problem with it. You could probably build it with less points if you drop its targeting capabilities and just use is it that way.
Figleaf23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 10:22 AM   #873
Dwarf99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurps Fan View Post
From this thread.

Ranged Pickpocket
50 points

You can teleport the subject to you. The subject (may be living or unliving) must weigh no more than 20 lbs. You must be able to see the subject or know exactly where it is.

To use this ability, take a 1-turn Concentrare maneuver and roll against your IQ at the distance penalty (p. B98). The "distance" to determine the penalty is the sum of the distance from you to the subject and the distance you want to teleport the subject, i.e., 2 times the distance between you and the subject.

If successful, the subject resists with HT at a penalty equal to your margin of success. Failure means you have it (or him/her). If the subject is a living being, he must make a successful Body Sense roll to avoid disorientation (see p. B181).

Statistics: Affliction 1 (HT; Advantage, Modified Warp, +250%; Based On IQ, Own Roll, +20%; Malediction 2, +150%; Nuisance Effect, Cannot concentrate for more or less than 1 second, -10%; Nuisance Effect, Cannot spend FP to offset penalties, -10%) [50]. Feature: Uses one roll with combined Teleportation distance penalties instead of two rolls with separate penalties. Advantage is Warp (Anchored, The afflicter himself, -50%; Exoteleport, -50%; Reliable 5, +25%) [25].
I'd have based it on Snatcher (not from another realm, ranged, and based on user's vision) I'd have to tinker with the modifiers though.
Dwarf99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 10:54 AM   #874
Humabout

Dumbspeak
51 points

The more you talk, the dumber everyone who hears you gets. Everyone within 4 yards who can hear you speak and does so for a minute must roll a Quick Contest of Will with you or they get intrigued by what you are saying and begin listening. Unfortunately for them, what you are saying is such mind-numbing drivel that listening to you results in a continuous and cumulative Intelligence drain.

When a potential victim first enters the area and hears the intoxicating nonsense, he rolls a Quick Contest of Will with the speaker. On a failure, the victim actually listens to what you are saying and suffers a -1 penalty to his IQ for hearing it. To make matters worse, for every consecutive minute the victim listens to you prattle on, the penalty increases by -1. These penalties persist for a number of minutes equal to his margin of failure, as he mulls over your words, trying to make sense of their utter stupidity.

Statistics: Affliction (Area Effect, 4 yds, +100%; Attribute Penalty, -1 IQ, +10%; Cumulative, +400%; Emanation, -20%; Hearing-Based, -20%; Malediction, +100%; Takes Extra Time, x60, 1 minute, -60%) [51].

Free Stuff:
Dungeon Action!
Totem Spirits

My Blog: Above the Flatline.
Humabout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 12:46 PM   #875
PTTG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atreyu_Hibiki View Post
It's been out about two weeks now...

http://www.geocities.com/atreyu_hibi...Advantages.pdf

I announced it in another thread. I'll add a link in the first post now, though.
Oh that's just plain sad. Anyone know where the PDF is now?
PTTG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 08:04 PM   #876
ericbsmith

Location: Binghamton, NY, USA. Near the river Styx in the 5th Circle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PTTG View Post
Oh that's just plain sad. Anyone know where the PDF is now?
I posted a copy on my website a while ago.

http://gurpsland.no-ip.org/#GURPSAdvantages
Kaboom-baya.
ericbsmith is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 08:51 AM   #877
Libertine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atreyu_Hibiki View Post
To start things off, I offer an ability inspired by Pyro from the X-Men (but he uses flamethrowers to create his flame...)

Pyro's Flame (+30%/-50%):
Control Fire 2 (Ranged, +50%; Requires Will Roll, -5%; Costs 3 FP per use, -15%) [48] + Burning Attack 1d (No Wounding, -50%) [3]
Notes: Allows user to create just enough fire to ignite a blaze, and then control it from a distance. Costs 3 FP. 51 points.
give the fire a gadget limitation of -20 & you have a flat 50.
Libertine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 11:11 AM   #878
Libertine

Quote:
Originally Posted by jindra34 View Post
'Nother one
Psycho Snap: +10 str (accessbililty: only while below -hp, -50%) [50]

This is the heros ability to snap and go crazy on an opponent after sufferning a serious beating, note you risk death activating it. Question is accessibility under priced, as scary as that may be, or should it be some form of trigger (must make roll to avoid death due to damage)?
Here is an add on variant, +10 st w/o hp bonus (80), striking st2 (10), insensible to pain (10), accessibility, only with -hp(-50%)

I would say this would be fair considering that, by default, the HT roll would have to be made to benefet from the advantage.
Libertine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 08:19 PM   #879
Atreyu_Hibiki

Necromancy: Edited first post to remove all the dead links, and added the GurpsLand link to the first page.

Sorry for any inconvenience, guys!
Old 01-18-2016, 10:56 AM   #880
Shrex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurps Fan View Post
Munchkin's Universe-shaking Nondirectional Cosmic Hyperluminal Kinetoelectromagnetic Interference Neurodisrupter (M.U.N.C.H.K.I.N.) (+5190%):

Toxic Attack 1 point (Affects Insubstantial, +20%; Area Effect, 2475880078570760549798248448 yards (about 74 gigaparsecs), +4550%; Cosmic, Irresistible attack, +300%; Emanation, -20%; Rapid Fire, RoF 300, +300%; Selective Area, +20%; Underwater, +20%) [53].

Notes: It's a cosmic attack, literally. Pulses of cosmic energy that radiate from the attacker (reaching 74 gigaparsecs in a flat second) burn out the neural system of living beings in the affected area, and remember that even the edge of our universe is "merely" about 10 gigaparsecs away from Earth. Also note that an Area Effect attack with Emanation involves no to-hit roll and simply affects anyone in the area. Furthermore, it allows victims only to dive for cover, and actually there's no effective cover since this Cosmic, Irresistible attack ignores DR. In conclusion, the user can attack every living thing in our entire universe, with 1 point of damage, 300 times per second. Have fun. 53 points.
My GM tells me Rapid Fire and Emanation are counter exclusive. Emanation Cannot be used with "Ranged or Melee attack modifiers" Rapid fire is marked with a gun and is therefore "ranged"
Shrex is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gurpsland, house rules, pdf, powers, sample powers