Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 12-15-2021, 10:35 AM   #81
Willy

Default Re: Zeroed as a Disadvantage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Žorkell View Post
It's the law here that businesses have to accept cash. It's also a law that has been violated by at least one big-ish business here since the beginning of the pandemic, and nobody does anything about it.
The reason may be very simple first we have a pandemic and the company can just say we try to protect our customers and staff, many big companys prefer digital payment, because even is you substract the rate the payment service takes from them they are better of costwise. Counting money, having enough spare cash for change, no wasted time for counting money and the lower risk of robbery are a huge bonus for them.

Also if nobody calls the authorities and insists on paying with cash, the company is fine off. No plaintiff, no judge, no court ruling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opellulo View Post
I think you misunderstood my comment; most businesses accept cash payments and are eager to do so (In EU the hard limit is, IIRC, 2500€, over which you have to create some form of digital receipt for money laundering contrast purposes).
This is not ruled out for the whole EU even if the EU often tries, in fact every member nation has it“s own rules. And there are loopholes big as barndoors, some examples you can stuff way to expensive for cash, so you give a down payment and go for payment by installments, every rate you pay cash problem sovled, even better if your whole purchase is to big for cash split it up in several single purchases same day same customer again no problem, Even better buy several stuff cash sell it back to the shop and let THIS money be transered to your bank account, now you have washed your dirty money flower white.

As I wrote every nation in EU has another hard cash limit or none or only a limit for gold and other things used in classical money laundering services. In germany a hotspot of money laundering in the EU, you can not buy a lot of say gold without questios asked and hard cash limit, BUT you can buy a luxery watch in cash, or no pun ( I“m dead serious about it ) a whole real estate even in the millions range. There is a trick and a reason why real estate in germany is quite expensive lately. While you have to give several proofs that you money is good by buying normaly a house, in a special case NO questions are asked. Just go to a foreclosure auction and pay with a big briefcase of cash, and even if it is stinking like hell you are perfectly legal, nobody will stand in your way.

Last edited by Willy; 12-17-2021 at 01:02 AM. Reason: spelling error
Willy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2021, 09:06 PM   #82
Tinman

Default Re: Zeroed as a Disadvantage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulzgoroth View Post
I'm not sure whether NYC buses still take cash but everywhere else I've been on one they do.
For now: Yes & no. They only accept metro-cards, but you load those at special machines that do take cash.
Tinman is offline   Reply With Quote