Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-23-2021, 07:33 AM   #271
TGLS
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Default Re: Corco's Villa (IC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_matrix_walker View Post
"A diplomatic envoy? A soldier at the end of their rotation? What role suits you? "
"Eh, crowd me in with a bunch of soldiers at the end of a rotation. That should probably be harder to notice."

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_matrix_walker View Post
"It's likely easier to steal an identity for you than to create one... can you change your appearance based on a photograph if I can locate a likely candidate?"
"Well, I am good at disguise, but I'm not a shapeshifter; try to find someone with the same body type."

"How are we going to get a picture to me? I knew we should have sprung for the pen fax machine."
TGLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2021, 02:43 PM   #272
the_matrix_walker
 
the_matrix_walker's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Lynn, MA
Default Re: Corco's Villa (IC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
"Eh, crowd me in with a bunch of soldiers at the end of a rotation. That should probably be harder to notice."


"Well, I am good at disguise, but I'm not a shapeshifter; try to find someone with the same body type."

"How are we going to get a picture to me? I knew we should have sprung for the pen fax machine."
"I was under the impression you would have some kind of smart device I could send you an image on... if that's not the case, we'll have to come up with something else."
the_matrix_walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2021, 09:35 AM   #273
TGLS
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Default Re: Corco's Villa (IC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_matrix_walker View Post
"I was under the impression you would have some kind of smart device I could send you an image on... if that's not the case, we'll have to come up with something else."
"I'm pretty sure I'll have to find a phone on a different network but it should do."
TGLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2021, 10:39 AM   #274
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: Corco's Villa (IC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
"I'm pretty sure I'll have to find a phone on a different network but it should do."

The two sides aren't connected by internet officially, but if you can both find a black market connection, I'll let you transfer.



OR...


Things look different once Halcyone has penetrated enemy lines. Though she will still need to get a phone somehow... even if its just "borrowing" one for a moment
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2021, 11:33 AM   #275
the_matrix_walker
 
the_matrix_walker's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Lynn, MA
Default Re: Corco's Villa (IC)

"I wonder if we may already have a way... "

Vassarious looks over his pen-communicator, and checks it for hidden data-ports under the cap... and he checks his laptop wireless to see if there is an unexpected network visible... perhaps there is something in their communicators that will allow them to connect... Vassarious makes a mental note to request such a feature for similar situations in the future...

Using Tradecraft as research and Faceman as Administration, Vassarious will try and figure out the best method to acquire an identity and portal pass for Halcyone.

Thinking it might not be the wisest idea to try and hack their system at their skill level and familiarity with their systems, V will see if he can come up with a low-security route or black market contact to assist them.
the_matrix_walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2021, 01:28 PM   #276
TGLS
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Default Re: Corco's Villa (IC)

OK, assuming this meeting is over, I'll:
1) Slip through the gate again to root through my bag for a cord of rope and a knife.
2) Disrobe sufficiently for the full Chameleon bonus. Then I'll stash my clothes in my backpack.
3) I'll hide my backpack somewhere.
4) I'll find somewhere to hide on the other side of the gate.
5) Then it's just waiting for Kunnifax. Possibly also lunch time.

Quote:
[143] 21-11-24 20:19:50 GMT
IQ rolls to remember to have brought things.
3d6 <= 16
1: 1 + 3 + 6 = 10 ... success
2: 5 + 6 + 3 = 14 ... success
[144] 21-11-24 20:20:26 GMT
Escape rolls getting through the gate
3d6 <= 16
1: 1 + 3 + 1 = 5 ... success
2: 1 + 2 + 2 = 5 ... success
[145] 21-11-24 20:20:57 GMT
Camouflage to hide the backpack
3d6 <= 16
6 + 1 + 6 = 13 ... success
[146] 21-11-24 20:23:11 GMT
Camouflage to hide me
3d6 <= 16
5 + 6 + 1 = 12 ... success
TGLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2021, 08:42 AM   #277
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: Corco's Villa (IC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_matrix_walker View Post
"I wonder if we may already have a way... "

Vassarious looks over his pen-communicator, and checks it for hidden data-ports under the cap... and he checks his laptop wireless to see if there is an unexpected network visible... perhaps there is something in their communicators that will allow them to connect... Vassarious makes a mental note to request such a feature for similar situations in the future...
Vassarious can't find a port on the pen, but he does notice a wifi network available named "C0rC05 V1114". The security just sort of works.



rolled 9 vs "research" and 14 vs. "administration"...


The best way to get an identity of a soldier on the front is to find someone you can buy one from... you've already identified such a seller in the capital. The two best places to buy are at the front, or in the capital.


I need a scheme and a roll for where Vassarious be getting their cash from.



Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
OK, assuming this meeting is over, I'll:
1) Slip through the gate again to root through my bag for a cord of rope and a knife.
2) Disrobe sufficiently for the full Chameleon bonus. Then I'll stash my clothes in my backpack.
3) I'll hide my backpack somewhere.
4) I'll find somewhere to hide on the other side of the gate.
5) Then it's just waiting for Kunnifax. Possibly also lunch time.

Will Halcyone be turning off the lights? before or after she hides?
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2021, 10:22 AM   #278
the_matrix_walker
 
the_matrix_walker's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Lynn, MA
Default Re: Corco's Villa (IC)

Vassarious connects to the wifi network.

"I believe our communicators are carrying a WIFI signal, do you see 'C0rC05 V1114' on your phone?"

Vassarious reaches out to the contact in the capital to find out the expense of arranging such an identity, or if some sort of (not too unethical) service barter can be arranged.

((Roll: FaceMan to work out a deal

3d6 <= 14
5 + 1 + 4 = 10 ... success))
the_matrix_walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2021, 10:59 AM   #279
TGLS
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Default Re: Corco's Villa (IC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_matrix_walker View Post
Vassarious connects to the wifi network.

"I believe our communicators are carrying a WIFI signal, do you see 'C0rC05 V1114' on your phone?"
I'll check, presumably see it and say:
"I see Corco's twelve-year-old nephew's has been doing the IT. I'll try to connect."

Then I'll try to connect and send over the pictures I took.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Will Halcyone be turning off the lights? before or after she hides?
The flashlights or the lights in the temple? I'll leave the lights in the temple on if I can hide somewhere in the shadows. If there's nowhere to hide that isn't lit I'll turn the lights off.
TGLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2021, 11:03 AM   #280
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: Corco's Villa (IC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_matrix_walker View Post
Vassarious reaches out to the contact in the capital to find out the expense of arranging such an identity, or if some sort of (not too unethical) service barter can be arranged.


Roll: FaceMan to work out a deal
Bartering for a service... The guy asks if you can place ten bugs in the house of the current high priest over architecture.


Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
I'll check, presumably see it and say:
"I see Corco's twelve-year-old nephew's has been doing the IT. I'll try to connect."

Then I'll try to connect and send over the pictures I took.
You connect, and the two of you can exchange pictures now.


Quote:
The flashlights or the lights in the temple? I'll leave the lights in the temple on if I can hide somewhere in the shadows. If there's nowhere to hide that isn't lit I'll turn the lights off.

The temple doesn't have its own lighting. Halcyone fades to match the rock, and waits for Kunnifax, weapon in one hand, food in the other.


Is she waiting inside or outside of the gate?
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Fnords are Off
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:41 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.