Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin

Old 05-08-2013, 07:39 AM   #571
Enzzo

Default Re: Member House Rules

Trying to come up with an idea for a blended game with Apocalypse and Zombies... Munchkin Zombies Vs Survivors. Where some players would be Zombies and some would be Survivors. I'm thinking 2v2 or 3v3. Rules highlights would be, each side can only draw from their respective decks. You can't help players from the opposite team in combat. You can use a Wandering Monster to wander yourself into an opposite faction's combat, adding your combat strength to the monster side. Not sure how the Seals would work; thinking they would affect both sides, but since only the Survivors can open or close Seals, the 7th seal would lead to a Zombie victory. Anyone else have some ideas, or has anyone done anything similar?
Enzzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 03:27 PM   #572
Blazinjsin

That sounds like a pretty cool idea Enzzo

Check out my trades ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) 🍕
Blazinjsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 02:57 PM   #573
Clipper

So what's your own Bad Stuff? Death perhaps, I guess. You'll need to decide whether a character that adds himself to a combat can also Run Away if he then loses.

Perhaps also make it that only the other side of players loot your corpse. That gives each side an interesting way to get the cards of the other side, but it won't happen often. In any case, Seals should definitely apply to both sides as the game will be heavily skewed towards the Zombies if not (Apocalypse is a much more brutal game).

Also, perhaps make it so that Wandering Monster can add any of the players on your side to the combat.
Old 05-23-2013, 06:36 AM   #574
six's monkey

If a zombie player suffers a 'death' result, their character is reborn as a survivor of the same level and vice versa, perhaps?
I'm getting a bit eager to test-drive this mode of play, however, our local copy of Zombies was rendered nigh-unplayable due to an unfortunate drinking water incident. :,-(
six's monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 09:30 AM   #575
Brandonson112

Quote:
Originally Posted by six's monkey View Post
If a zombie player suffers a 'death' result, their character is reborn as a survivor of the same level and vice versa, perhaps?
I'm getting a bit eager to test-drive this mode of play, however, our local copy of Zombies was rendered nigh-unplayable due to an unfortunate drinking water incident. :,-(
One of my house rules is no one is allowed to have drinks on the table.
Brandonson112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 08:02 PM   #576
ChargerFan2121

I don't know if anyone has tried this before, but I thought about dealing hands before rolling to see who gets what and who goes first and allowing players to play Loaded and Re-Loaded dies if they happen to have them.
ChargerFan2121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 05:41 AM   #577
MunchkinMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChargerFan2121 View Post
I don't know if anyone has tried this before, but I thought about dealing hands before rolling to see who gets what and who goes first and allowing players to play Loaded and Re-Loaded dies if they happen to have them.
Since the rules are arranged so that setup (shuffling the decks and dealing out cards) occurs before character creation (playing cards received during setup), and starting the game (rolling the die to see who goes first), this really doesn't seem so much a house rule as the rules. However, using a Loaded Die or a Reloaded Die to affect who goes first seems. . . wasteful.
MiB #1029
MunchkinMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 08:28 AM   #578
ChargerFan2121

Quote:
Originally Posted by MunchkinMan View Post
Since the rules are arranged so that setup (shuffling the decks and dealing out cards) occurs before character creation (playing cards received during setup), and starting the game (rolling the die to see who goes first), this really doesn't seem so much a house rule as the rules. However, using a Loaded Die or a Reloaded Die to affect who goes first seems. . . wasteful.
We also roll a die to see what Munchkin promos people get out of the small collection I have. And I agree about using it to go first is wasteful, but some promos i have are a lot more beneficial than others :P
ChargerFan2121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 07:05 PM   #579
Sabin

We play Epic rules almost exclusively, and we make the following changes for 2-player Munchkin:

1. Epic munchkins draw three face-up doors when Kicking (in the case of two monsters and one monster enhancer, the person who kicked the door chooses the monster that the enhancer affects).
2. Players may draw from either deck when Looting the Room (as per the faster game rules).
3. In Epic combat, one-shot items played to the Monster side count double (this is re-multiplied for items that get doubled or tripled for some other reason).
4. You must still kill a monster to get level 10 and become Epic.

We are considering a few additional house rules (comments encouraged!):

1. When you play a GUAL, you must kill a monster before you can play another one (we have a lot of situations where one player draws like 3 GUALs at a time).
2. If you successfully run away from combat when you would have needed a kill to gain a level (e.g. you are 9, 18, or 19), you lose a level. OR
2a. If you are Epic and successfully run away for combat, you lose a level.
3. You can have an extra Hireling ride your Steed (you don't get the extra +2 from Pike unless the Hireling riding the Steed is carrying it, etc). You use your own bonus or penalty to run away, not your Steed's, and your Hireling+Steed will have to run away separately. Might need work, but the idea seems cool.
Sabin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 10:03 PM   #580
Trsevener

I have a copy of the Anniversary Poster . I started at Origins and plan to take it to any convention with Steve Jackson Games staff in attendance. I am asking everyone to sign my poster.

Once this is complete (or convention season ends) I am going to frame and hang it in my game room.

Now for the rule. If it is your anniversary and you are playing in my game room with the poster on the wall, roll a die at least high enough to cover the number of autographs on the poster. Each autograph will have it's own rule that applies. You get to use the rule with the autograph you rolled.

I am not certain yet if I am going to ask each Steve Jackson Games person to come up with the rule or if I will make it up on my own. Either way, it could be fun!

Indiana MIB available for demos and tournaments. Please check out my Facebook page to see what I am up to.
Trsevener is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
combining different, doors, dummy hand, epic, extras, funny, gambling, gameplay, house rules, multi-deck, munchkin, munchkin zombies, new way to play, rules, rules variant, team, teams, two player, zombie dice